Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

yellow based foundation?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bigbutt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: yellow based foundation?
    Posted: May 11 2003 at 5:25pm
Does anyone know a brand of foundation that has a yellow base to it? My skin tone is very ruddy and pinkish and I want to cut the color with yellow. I am willing to spend a little more than I usually do if I can actually find a good product. Thanks.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2003 at 7:37am
Hey BB, some Salons and department store Cosmetic centers do custom blending of foundation.

We custom blend at our Salon. I have a ruddier complection also and the yellower works nice to peach me out...Try Calling around in your area and ask if they (Salons or Cosmetic Departments) Custom Blend Foundation...
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2003 at 8:28am
It's hard to recommend a specific product without knowing your skni type (oily, acne-prone, dry, combo, etc.) However Jane (a very cheap brand owned by Estee Lauder sold in Target and drugstores) has some great options. I have golden/olive skintones and the Stay Calm foundation in Buffy is absolutely perfect (and costs about $4.) It is truly one of the best foundations I have tried for my oily skin--better than even some of the department store fare. I suggest shopping around, and always ask for samples at high-end lines, since you'll want to try the foundation on and see yourself in broad daylight wearing it. The fluorescent lighting in stores doesn't always give you an accurate representation of the product's true color. Good luck!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Blah blah chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blah blah chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2003 at 11:11pm
i just saw in another post that Jane Cosmetics makes a yellow-based oil free foundation...I think it is only $4 too. Or you could try Christian Dior Concealor. I heard that does wonders at covering up everything! oooh...just make sure to be pretty subtle. I saw this girl at school who wore this foundation that was literally T least 7 shades darker than her skin! it looked soooo tacky and was very noticeable. Best of Luck!
"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be
wonderful" -Annette Funicello
Scarlet Ribbons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet Ribbons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2004 at 11:55pm
I have the same complexion as you do- I think actually a mint-green tint helps- particurlarly on the really ruddy spots. My mom sells a kit that has color correcting tints in it- I absolutely LOVE it! she also makes custom foundations. her email is
marketamazing@unfranchise.com
good luck!
Everything is a test to see what you
will do.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic