Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Foundation/good coverage/acne

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Erikah View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Foundation/good coverage/acne
    Posted: June 17 2003 at 2:09am
Hey, I'm 22 and for some dang reason my face still breaks out in the T-Zone every month about a week before Aunt Flo comes by. I need a good foundation that won't clog my pores but has good coverage. I'm not trying to spend a lot. Thanx
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2003 at 10:41am
Try Jane Calming foundation. It is dirt cheap ($4 or less) and is oil-free. There are only about four shades but they are nice and natural (not ruddy like many weird colors out there.) I am also 22 and have problematic skin but have wonderful luck with this foundation. In conjunction with a good concealer (I use the equally cheap New York Color stick) you'd never know I have occasional acne.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Gally3d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gally3d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2003 at 5:58pm
Hi!

I have the same problem and use Neutrogena products for ~everything~ I started with their shampoo.. it doesn't have any of the perfumes other shampoos have and thus doesn't cause breakouts on the neck and back. Their makeup line is the same and oil-free to boot.

The real key to good skin though is to use as little makeup as you can get away with & remember to wash it off as soon as you are able. Get some kind of acne medication & use it every night, not just when Aunt Flo is around. ;) Remember to moisturize well too.. bathe regularly(but not too much or your skin will dry out!) keep hair & hair products off your face if you can. Make sure whatever you are using to apply your makeup is clean & fresh... And don't try blotting your skin all the time. The more dry your face is, the more oil it will produce.

I hear that the pill (OTC) may help with your type of acne as well. Never tried it myself though. See a doctor and a dermotologist & ask lots of questions :) (a dermotologist might suggest retin-a, which helps reduce wrinkles too! bonus)
MissErika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissErika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2003 at 10:41pm
hey, thanks for the responses. I've been on the ortho-evra patch for almost a year now and it seems to be causing slight acne on my upper back. How embarassing and disgusting is that?! I tried OTC and it actually seems like it make my face break out worse. I don't know. *sigh* and my mom always said I'd "grow out of it"...bah.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic