Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

sunless tanners

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yecats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yecats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sunless tanners
    Posted: June 26 2003 at 3:50pm
Hi all,
Has anyone used the spray on tanners at the salons? I have 2 weddings to go to in the next month and I have pale skin w/ freckles.
SHould I invest in some sunless tanning or is it not worth the money. I wont be wearing nylons in either wedding ( a scary pale thought).
Using the tanners you put on yourself sounds a bit scary and too easy to mess up, unless anyone has other or better ideas.
Please help, pale and wondering.....
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2003 at 2:29pm
I am also very pale but live in "tan" country so I use a self tanner on legs every two to three days. I like a lotion one that I get on www.tanforless.com. It is from Sun Labs and I like the Ultra Dark Instant Self Tanning Lotion. Gives a nice even color and you can make sure it is even when you put it on. Moisturizes well too.

This site has the best prices I've seen on tanning supplies.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2003 at 10:41pm
I haven't tried the self tanner spraying booths but alot of my friends have. They really love the look it gives. It doesn't look like a self tanner because it is misted on instead of rubbed on.

I believe it is really worth it!!!!
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Yecats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yecats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2003 at 10:32am
thanks, I will try it for my sisters wedding
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2003 at 9:42pm
A suggestion -- use it several times before the "big" day. Sometimes it just takes some experience to really get the knack of it.

Also, be a bit careful with the hands. When I'm done, I wash my hands with soap and water. Then, I take a tissue and very lightly rub a little bit into the back of my hands, being very careful to barely put any on my knuckles -- sunless tanners love to "hide" in little wrinkles in the skin. Thus, knuckles, elbows and knees are prone to looking too dark!
Spaci32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaci32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2003 at 11:03pm

I've actually got the sunless tanning for weddings also. The first time I went to a dermatologist that airbrushed it on. That was about $45 dollars and it looked real natural. Lasted for over a week. Recently for the other weddings I've been getting the Mystic Tan (www.mystictan.com). It seems to do the trick and costs between $20-25. The color is nice but I have a little problem with making it look natural around my inside wrists and toes. BUT nobody seems to notice. I actually went and got it done last night so I don't look so white for the 4th. I'm horrible at applying myself and this are pretty goof proof.

Traci
A wish is a desire without any attempt to attain its end.
Spaci32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaci32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2003 at 11:17pm
Forgot something. They recommend that you not shower for 24 hours to get it set and as gross as that may sound I do agree with them. I usually get the tan done about 1 1/2-2 days in advance so the tan has time to completely set and then actually fade a bit so it looks completely natural. I also use a body makeup lotion from DuWop that helps to even everything out (I have many scars due to me being a total klutz). If you still want to try other tanners you can go to these sites and they will give you opinions from people that have actually used them. www.epinions.com and www.makeupalley.com. Hope these help!

Traci
A wish is a desire without any attempt to attain its end.
dana073 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dana073 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2003 at 2:54pm
I have read to put lotion on your knees, ankles and elbows before applying sunless tanner...it helps to prevent the sunless tanner to hide in those wrinkles and make you really dark & discolored in those areas. I read an article about it in InStyle magazine. I have done it once (I only used the sunless tanner once) and it worked! I did not have wierd coloring in those areas.

The article also said for a more even color, exfoliate in the shower first.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic