Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mascara

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
schizophonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schizophonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mascara
    Posted: July 02 2003 at 11:23am
And so it goes, the ever-going search for the perfect mascara....I'm still looking for it, so I thought I'd ask a few opinions and hopefully get a review of a mascara somebody would recommend. So, what mascara do you love to use that works really well?? I'd like to make my lashes so they really stand out and be seen!

I've heard that Maybelline Full 'n' Soft and Volum' Express are good. Do you agree or not?

I'd love to hear your input and advice! Thanks!
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2003 at 9:46pm
I'm not familiar with the brands you mentioned.

What I do love is Paula's Choice Epic Lengths mascara.

Here's what I do. After applying foundation, I brush some powder on my face, including my eyelashes. Then, I apply one coat of mascara. I take a Q-tip and push and hold back the lashes that I just "mascara"ed. That helps remove excess product and also it helps curl the lashes. I wait a few seconds, then I apply the mascara only to the ends of the lashes.

And.....I love the result! Long lashes that aren't so thick that they resemble spiders.
Marianna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marianna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2003 at 3:21pm
Max Factor's Stretch & Seperate ... my favorite mascara
trixxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trixxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2003 at 9:43pm
I used those brands in the past but am now using a flawless mascara. It helps in the appearance of fuller, thicker lashes. It is also smudge proof.
Maria View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2004 at 5:39pm
yves saint laurent false eyelash effect!

or Guerlain Divinoura
pinksaliva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinksaliva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2004 at 10:33pm
Lancome Flextencils work verrrrry well, its 20 for a tube at macys, it curls it and makes it longer, volumizes, and what not, better than those 7 dollar ones at cvs n rite aid n stuff, one tube last forever, but does get clumpy after a year and a half, not to mention mascaras expire after half a year anyways (or i think). so yup, worth it
The Asian Invasion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Asian Invasion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2004 at 9:29pm
I use Double Extend by L'oreal. I have very short lashes, so it really helped me get fuller and longer lashes. When I first used it, I was just amazed because I never thought that I could have such long lashes. The key to volume is zig-zaging your brush when applying. At least, that's my key. But using the double extend, is almost like having 2 coats, only I've never had to deal with clumping or anything. Plus, I use a lash brush and brush them out to look ever better. =)
crimsonvixen19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crimsonvixen19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2004 at 1:34pm
Well, I'm a makeup fanatic and i've tried so many mascaras, but so far none can hold a candle to L'Oreal's voluminous mascara. It curls defines and gives great volume!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic