Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sunless Tanning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tiger_chick41 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiger_chick41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sunless Tanning
    Posted: February 09 2004 at 1:55pm
Hi,
I just wanted to know if anyone has ever tried the sunless tanning gels/lotions. I was considering trying one and didn't want it to come out orange looking. Has anyone found a good one that looks natural? I would appreciate your help. Thanks,

Jenna
whitney_brett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitney_brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2004 at 11:03pm
I bought some recently from estee lauder...i tested it on my foot and it was a very dark, tan color---it wasn't orange, which was good, but the bad thing was that it was SO dark that i can't really do it until I won't see people for a while in case I screw up, and also so i won't just randomly get really dark. It does work pretty well though---also expensive. For face and body stuff I paid about $55.
"Honey, I've always said if your genitals are on the outside, you're hiding something on the inside!" ~ Karen Walker ...~*Whitney*~...
Laine1998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laine1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2004 at 3:50pm
There is one, that is a spray. You go into this booth and it sprays it all over you. I cannot think of what it is called, and I have yet to see it. Its something that I would like to look into when I get back to the States.
! View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2004 at 10:47am
I use Neutrogena Instant Bronze Sunless Tanner and Bronzer in One. You can see where it goes so you get an even color every time. I use it everywhere including my face. People think I tan in a tanning bed. And it doesn't look orange (just make sure you wash off the bronzer before you get wet (i.e. swimming etc.). It runs about $10.00 a bottle.
tiger_chick41 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiger_chick41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2004 at 9:41pm
Thanks a lot for your ideas. I appreciate them.
Jenna
EmileeBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmileeBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2004 at 11:30pm
Hey my name's Emily I'm 18, Im new to the site... I've been using self tanner for a few years and nobody has noticed. The only time it is noticeable is when it starts to "wash off" after a few showers, because it gets a little streaky. In order to make it look MOST NATURAL, I strongly recommend mixing it with lotion...and use about 2 to 3 times more lotion than tanner, this helps it blend and look better because it doesnt crust in your dry skin (ankles, neck, etc.) Anyways, the best tanner I have found so far is Aruba In A Tuba by Benefic Cosmetics. you could get it at Macy's. Good luck!
UP Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UP Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2004 at 9:46am
Go to sunless.com for all the info you need.

Lisa
whitney_brett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitney_brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2004 at 10:25pm
does anyone have tips with application? mine's really dark and i'm really fair-skinned, so i can't afford to mess it up.
"Honey, I've always said if your genitals are on the outside, you're hiding something on the inside!" ~ Karen Walker ...~*Whitney*~...
Captain Japonica View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Japonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2004 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Laine1998 Laine1998 wrote:

There is one, that is a spray. You go into this booth and it sprays it all over you. I cannot think of what it is called, and I have yet to see it. Its something that I would like to look into when I get back to the States.

It's called Mystic Tan.
natalie13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natalie13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 6:52am
me and my friend use 'Face Of Australia Instant Tan'. It goes for about $6 a bottle! its really good and doesnt go orange...but make sure u wash off the exess tan from your hands or they'll go dark as anything !
goodluck!
nat xx
Cheley View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2004 at 4:23pm
This may be too late, but you can remove or lighten your sunless tan with VANISH. Takes it off immediately! So there is help if you mess up the application. You can get it from ABTFL - vanishdha@aol.com 407-673-5550. They also have the best airbrush tanning solution.
Cheley - abt for me!
Skzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2004 at 5:15pm
Has anyone used the Coppertone brand? It was recommended to me, but I found that it washed off even after I waited a day or two. I wonder if I applied it wrong...

Any comments?
blondiful View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondiful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2004 at 7:13pm
i love,LOVELOVELOVE loreal sublime bronze . it's only about 7 bucks a bottle but it seems to be pretty foolproof .i'm naturally really pale and it gives me just enough color to wear shorts without looking ridiculous. theres darker variations too, depending on your goals. but i've never turned orange or had stained hands.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic