Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

LIP PLUMPERS!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
carlisi View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlisi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LIP PLUMPERS!
    Posted: May 03 2004 at 6:52pm
hey guyz!! i wanna kno if any of u have tried any of the lip plumping lip glosses? do they really work? and if so what kind?! i want to try jessica simpsons new one cuz it supose to taste good to BUT! i dont wanna pay 21$ for something i dont kno if it works or not! plz help
poisongirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poisongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 6:56pm
I guess this comes kinda late but i love "lip ij=njection" by too faced at sephora
tbctbc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbctbc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 9:14pm
I tried hydroderm, but it didnt work at all, except to make my skin red all around the area...you can push your lips out yourself slightly (practice in a mirror)...it looks better than a lip plumper gloss can...IMO
norskygrl21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norskygrl21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2005 at 8:00am
I also like too-faced lip injection (don't worry, its a gloss) but the downside to this is it cannot be layered with other products, otherwise it loses effectiveness. I recommend the clear color, the other colors looked frosted. However, Sephora does have another product that can be layered, it is called Lip Fusion. I like that one the best, although Too-Faced probably actually makes your lips swell more but as I stated earlier, it cannot be layered. With the Lip Fusion, you just put it on, wait five minutes before applying lip gloss or lip liner. With all the lip plumping products you should only apply to clean dry lips, chapstick can form a barrier and they will not work then. I have full lips to begin with, but I can definitely tell a difference when I use these products. It is more of a subtle swollen, "I just had a two-hour makeout session" look, but they are not going to transform thin nonexistent lips into Angelina Jolie lips.
poisongirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poisongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 5:43pm
Did anyone try modele's collagen lip treatment?
mysweetevie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysweetevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2005 at 9:39pm
I use lip venom and it works. I found it a the mall.
sweet like honey!
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2005 at 8:18pm
poison girl, yes i did try modele's collagen lip treatment. and while i did notice an increase in the natural moisture, there was little or no change in the size of my lips. they did get rosier tho.........
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
Scotchyroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2005 at 7:01am

I'm seriously thinking of ordering that $26 lip pump that's described in the lip injections thread of this board.  The before and after pictures are impressive.

If my husband sees that on the credit card bill, I'm up a creek though.  I can store it with my ab-roller, thigh-master, and face-master.  What a victim.

Melrose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 9:31pm
Has any one tried Victoria Secrets POUT lip plump.  It sounds pretty good, but I don't know if I should buy it. ???? It's $24 for .30 fl oz and it says that it will improve your lip fulliness up to 40% If anyone has heard or used this product please post your imput.
"The most wasted day of all is that during which we have not laughed." :)
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 12:44pm

Hi there!

I tried the kind by sephora.  Honestly, I don't think they are worth all the money spent on them.

I have thin lips so I wish there was a really great product out there!

*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
Pizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2005 at 8:19pm
I tried the Lip Fusion from Sephora. It did minimal plumping. Definitely NOT worth the $36.
Kimblonde35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimblonde35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 12:59pm

Hi, Wow I didn't know that they made "Lip Pumps", etc..

My lips are Naturally "too big" haha,  sometimes I wish that I had smaller lips.    When I wear lip stick, gloss, etc.. My lips really stand out!!

Kim

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you!!
mb8603 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mb8603 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 1:26pm
I bought the freeze 24-7 lip plumper -okay - i just had to have it but it was pricey and I'm not sure it does a lot. I'm from Canada, the only place I could get it was Holt Renfrew.  My lips aren't full but they aren't think either.  My two year old snagged it out of my purse so now there are teeth marks on case.  Kind of smells like a mixture of vics vapo rub and cinnamon.  I also bought the lip venom from Sepohora, smells a lot like cinnamon, a little sticky though.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2005 at 12:59am
Ee, my lips are so tiny there's no hope for them.  No amount of plumping lipstick, or weird vacuum apparatus, would be enough to make me appear to have lips :-( .  And drawing them on bigger, the way some magazines and things suggest, only looks stupid.  *sighs*
More awesome than a manatee!
Melrose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2005 at 12:41am
Ok, I broke down and bought Plump from Victoria Secrets' website.  I know I asked about POUT before, but it was too expensive for what I wanted to pay for.  However, I noticed by the same company there was Plump a lip balm which was cheaper - $14.  Well I received it a week ago and wanted to tell you my thoughts. The lip gloss is very glossy and it tingles.  However, I don't know if it actually makes my lips plump or if its an illusion.  Because of it being so glossy the light reflecting off of your lips could make the illusion that your lips are plump.  Also the tingle sensation might make you think something is going with your lips, when actually its like having a balm thats mint.  Overall, I can't say if it does make your lips plump.  My lips do look a little plump but it might just be an illusion (my opinion).  But I do like the balm because it make my lips very soft and I like the color.  So its not a big lost because it is know one of my favorite lip glosses to have.
"The most wasted day of all is that during which we have not laughed." :)
Lady_Lynz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady_Lynz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2005 at 9:30pm

I have naturally very full lips, but I have gotten free full-size samples of 2 different brands of lip-plumping glosses within the last year --

1) lip venom (you can get it at sephora) ... to sum it up: its burns like wildfire the first few times you use it, it wears off quickly and has no color, and when it wears off, your lips ARE unusually pink or rosy but also feel flaky and dry after a few uses. my lips didnt get any bigger and my bf hated kissing me when i had it on, lOl.

2) city lips brand ... im pretty sure you can buy it on sephora.com but i dont know which stores sell it. they come in bunches of pretty colors (the purply-amethyst one goes on sooo beautiful and flattering for medium skin tones), feel smooth and softened my lips. they dont last a long long time, like a mac lipglass or something, but they look beautiful and after about a week of wear i was convinced my lips had swollen to a larger size.

good luck!

<3, Lady_Lynz
Tinkerbelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkerbelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2005 at 8:29pm
I swear by LIP VENOM!!!
Pampinetta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pampinetta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2005 at 9:25am
I've never tried any lip plumping glosses, but I usually use a chapstick called Lip Rescue with tea tree oil and I swear it makes your lips look fuller. Maybe it's just me? It's great anyway. And cheap!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2005 at 9:43pm

Tea tree oil is really cool stuff, good for treating all kinds of wounds and infections.  Never heard about it making lips bigger. . . though it is kinda tingly stuff, so maybe. . .  *shrugs*

More awesome than a manatee!
BirdOfEden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BirdOfEden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2005 at 10:34pm
I have a full bottle of lip injection that I got in a gift bag but never used because my lips are already a good size.  It's the big size that retails for $24.  I'll give it to anyone for $10 with free shipping.  Otherwise I'll probably just throw it away.  Email me at dreamwave00@aol.com (the 00's are zeroes) if you want it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic