Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

piercings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
akiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2005 at 8:31pm
They're usually supposed to tell you when you can remove it. I don't recall precisely, but I felt it was for quite a while (4-6 months?) before you're supposed to take it out and put in a new one. I remember that it felt as though it had healed within a week, but I was told that it takes much longer to actually heal (the surface skin looks fine but the skin in the hole itself is still raw) and too much movement can aggravate it. Someone else with a more recent piercing might remember the exact instructions. I know I didn't switch mine for at least a few months if not longer.

Congrats on your new piercing!!

Wild-Kitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild-Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2005 at 10:13am

Hey Congrats For Da Piercing

u have to wait for about 3 months till u can change it ...be patient and dont try to change it now cuz u may infect or hurt ur skin cuz it aint healed yet

karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 1:56pm

hi   Thank you for your reply. I will leave it for a few months , they did tell me to leave it , but I am eager to put in a new stud. I will listen to your advice and leave it.

Glad I got it done , looks cool, even though I am 39 lol.

karen sanderson
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 9:07pm
wait a month or even more to have the orginal stud removed. Go back to the piercer and have it done. U can rip or break any healing that is being done.

Do you have a nose screw in right now or a pin?
~* Bambi Lee *~
angemc02 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angemc02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2005 at 11:08am
peircings are really a lot of work to keep up on. i have my lip, nose, navel, cartilidge and ears done. how long you leave the jewelry in really depends on whats pierced. and I would never change the original jewelry until I knew it was completely healed. Bactine is good to use but in moderation too much will dry out your peircing. you want to wash it three times a day using a mild soap like dial antibacterial and water. on the hard to reach piercings use a qtip. if it's an oral piercing use gly-oxide once or twice a day. Never use alcohol on a new peircing because it dries out the new peircing. remember that a peircing is like having an open wound until it's healed. certain peircings are more likely to get infected than others like navel and eyebrow because they're surface peircings. also try sea salt soaks just delute some sea salt which you can pick up at a drug store dillute it with water and soak you're peircing it in, helps with the healing.
pinksummer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinksummer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2005 at 2:36pm

Hi, I'm new here and decided to start out here.

Wow, this thread scared me. Bactine isn't always your friend, and I agree... the gun is scary. Hollow needles don't really take a piece of skin of, they just create a crescent shaped cut. Which is by far better than any piercing gun (which aren't good for lobes either because they can still transmit disease, icky hepatitis b ). And if you're looking for an easy piercing to heal... tongue web all the way! Under no circumstances are studs ever a good jewelry option, and if it is infected do not remove the jewelry! You will only trap the infection and not allow it to drain (I love my dermatologist, he is wise indeed). www.bmezine.com and www.tribalectic.com (which also has a great forum) are great places for good info.

Edited by pinksummer
Beautifulinblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beautifulinblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2005 at 7:35pm

I have never had a problem with the pain of piercings because I have quite a high pain tolerance. Its lucky, I guess.

I dont want anymore piercings though. I have my ears pierced twice; and I love how it looks. I wear a sleeper in the first hole and a stud in the second. For awhile I wasn't putting the second earring in, but I finally got a stud I can keep in.

I also have my stomach pierced; I've had that for 4 years now, since I was 14.

Pain is inevitable; Suffering is optional
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2005 at 2:22pm

Hi Again, thank you all for your suggestions, but I need some advice again. I have had my piercing for almost 2 months now , I changed it about a month ago, it didnt hurt it was fine , I put a L shaped stud in, but it keeps falling out in my sleep, I keep knocking it out, and I am getting up at 3 oclock in the morning to try and put it back in to save it from closing over. This has happened about 6 times now and its starting to hurt and my nose is going red and inflamed looking , I  clean it with salin twice a day and it seems to be healing again, but I have to go to bed with a plaster over my nose to avoid knocking my piercing out , lol looks a little odd , but it helps. Is there a stud I can get that stays in.

help karen

karen sanderson
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Renee Renee wrote:

my ears were pierced when i was a baby and i guess the first earrings they put in there was real gold. Ive never been able to wear any earring thats not real gold else it gets infected and hot and swollen and im now 19. wierd.

That happened to me too! My aunt took me to get my ears peirced when I was a couple weeks old. I'm really glad she did cuz when I got older I got a couple other peircings in my ears that closed cuz I kept messing with them! But for the longest time I couldn't wear anything except gold in my ears. My grandma told me to coat my earring posts with clear nail polish so the metal doesn't touch my ears and that helped.

I got my belly button peirced about two years ago and the woman who peirced me said that I only had to clean it when it felt really dirty or if I went swimming or something. Needless to say, it took FOREVER to heal.
When I got my nipple peirced about a year ago the woman (a diff one) told me to clean it with saline solution that I made. She said to clean it once with the saline solution and then put two drops of tea tree oil in the cup with the solution, dip a qtip in it and go over the peircing with that. and then to push the bar back and forth a little. she said the tea tree was a disinfectant and also lubricated the peircing. That peircing healed within 3 weeks I think.

But now both of my peircings and the ones in my ears are acting up. Its really weird but I have been having problems with allergies lately so that's probably it!
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 5:45pm
Oh sorry. The peircer (is that the right word?) also told me not to use surgical spirit or rubbing alcohol or anything on the new peircing cuz it would make it bleed more.  She also said that when the bar could move thru my nipple and I wouldn't feel it , that it meant it was probably healed.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 7:39pm
You both should check to see if your jewelry is made of titanium, which is the least irritating metal available.

Karen, if your nasal screw comes out overnight, you should get one that fits, even if it means paying someone to modify one or make it from scratch. The nose is a bad place to lose a piercing.

Visit bmezine.com for more info on piercings and care.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
_thumbelina_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _thumbelina_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2005 at 4:33pm

I've just let my 2nd holes close up, after nearly a year and they were still messing about, I got tired of it! My first holes actually give me grief if I wear gold or silver, so Ihad to wear fakes which sucks sometimes. Actually I've had way less trouble with my belly piercing (2 years ago now) than I have with my ears! Just wondering, does anyone know how they pierce your belly, I'm just curious... I had my eyes jammed shut when I had it done!

Just so add to that, I went with my best mate to get her lip pierced (Labret or something right?) Well anyway, I ended up going in the room whilst she ad it done mainly because the guy was cute I didnt watch any of it (Too squeamish) And she got up fine and all, so anyway we were all talking and as I was looking at her new piercing, I just felt so sick i pretty much fainted. Next thing I'm the one lying on the bed thing, and the guys just sitting there laughing with my mate. Apparently I turned literally white/uber light yellow. So, that was just so embarrsing, funny, but embarrsing.

Edited by _thumbelina_
"You were the movie of my life, starring you instead of me"
kalena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2005 at 2:10pm
i got my first pair on my ears done as a baby, then i got my 2nd and 3rd pairs within the last 4 years and both times, i got them done at the icing/claire`s accessories with the gun. the 2nd pair hurt but not too long, then the 3rd pair that i got done 3 months ago hurt longer probably `cause it`s higher up on my ear and it took longer to heal. but they give you an ear cleaning solution to use... and as of now, they feel like i`ve had them as long as i`ve had my first pair in .
Hairprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2005 at 4:30pm
Hey Karen - I have had my nose piercing for 2 months now and I have a screw in mine. I have pulled it out by mistake, my nail gets caught in my sleep but other than that it wont come out unless I twist it out. THe L shape ones sound like it would fall out easily. Did you have the screw stud in at first? At the beginning I could feel it alot but after a few weeks it was fine. I dont even feel it anymore...dont even know i have one. 
mandabear324 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandabear324 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2005 at 6:25am

I have my ears pierced twice on each side with a little diamond in the upper one, and bigger diamonds in the bottom ones.  Then, I have the top of my ear pierced with a little hoop with a pink ball on it. I also have a little pink diamond stud in my nose. I had to have my nose repierced because it got infected. The second time was much worse.  The next one I am getting is the little part on the middle of your ear. Think it's called the tragus, or something??  By the way, my nose looks like it's starting to get infected again. What should I use? I have the soap and the solution. But ugh!!!!!!!!

MsMocha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2005 at 4:01pm
I can't wait to get more piercings, right now I only have one hole in each which I've had since I was a baby, but now I want a second hole in each ear, my left cartilage, belly button and my tongue!
_thumbelina_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _thumbelina_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by mandabear324 mandabear324 wrote:

By the way, my nose looks like it's starting to get infected again. What should I use? I have the soap and the solution. But ugh!!!!!!!!

TCP, or something like it. Those solutions are usually pretty much that, except watered down so it doesn't sting as much! It will probably hurt or sting rather, but that means it's working. I cleaned my ears with TCP and my belly piercing. My ears are now fine!! Anyway I decided to use the solution for 2nds in ears and I've had to let them close up now... Coincidence maybe, but I'm still in favour of TCP!

Edited by _thumbelina_
"You were the movie of my life, starring you instead of me"
tink-er-bell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tink-er-bell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2006 at 7:49am

I loveeee piercings, and I've gotten my nose, both my nipples, tongue, my ears stretched to a 6 guage, second holes in my ears pierced, my vertical labret(a small barbell that goes up through your botoom lip), and the lower part of my belly button pierced.  I had the top part but after 4 years it ended up rejecting itself, which really sucked. With my nose piercing I have a nose screw in it, and I've only had it come out once in the 2 years that I have had it.  Sometimes the screw falls down a bit out of your nose, but you just push it back up and it's fine, doesn't hurt at all.

Out of all of these, the tongue probably hurt the least(which means it didn't hurt at all..lol), then the nose(basically just felt like an ear piercing). The rest of them were somewhat painful, but nothing that isn't bearable for sure.

With all of these piercings I've always used a sea salt soak to clean them, twice a day.  You mix a 1/4 teaspoon with one cup of warm water, and take a shot glass and soak the piercing, using new water once the water gets cool.

The big thing about piercings is the nervousness leading up to them, but once it's done, it lasts only a second and it's over. If you don't get what you want because you're too scared then you're always going to wish you had. A second of pain is definitely worth it.

Edited by tink-er-bell
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 5:09am

First of all, Congrats to all of You who have had success with all your piercings, as for myself, well I only have one piercing in each ear lobe(since I was about 9 yr,s).

I have vasalated(changed my mind) over a year now, whether I should get a nose piercing. After reading all your posts, I'm still willing to get a nose piercing. The only worry I have is will it fall out alot.

Otherwise, I can handle a bit of pain, and I'm very patient to allow 3 months of healing before switching from original stud to a diamond!

I know to use bactine, or saline, or even anti bactirial soap at least twice a day, which is cool, cause I'm very hygenic.

Plus I love the look of a diamond nose piercing ;)

My soon to be hubby thinks I shoudn't get one, but I'm growing out my hair for him, and I'm 35yrs he's 31 and a half, and I deserve it, in my opinion, just because he doesn't like blood, for example. But I like how he said I look beautiful already, and that a piercing would distract from my natural beauty, AWWW, He's soooo SWEET!! Gotta Love my Steve!!!;)

Ok, I'm still on the fence, help me out girls, maybe, I should wait to get one for my 40th birthday, the "BIG ONE", LOL!!! ;)

Thanks to you all! ;) Cheers, God Bless! ;)

God Bless,...
Katie
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 2:44pm

Go for it, I'm glad I did, its my 40th in a few months , but I couldn't wait that long. I love my nose piercing.It did fall out on a few occasions, but only until it healed properly. I am not going to lie, it did hurt , but for only a split second. Nice thing for your soon to be hubby to say, I'm sure he will find it looks sexy , mine does.

Best of luck, karen

karen sanderson
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic