Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kohl Eyeline vs Regular

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pinksaliva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinksaliva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kohl Eyeline vs Regular
    Posted: September 04 2004 at 6:31pm
I've read several reviews about Kohl eyeliners, I was just wondering what the difference is? Is it the texture or something? Which one do you perfer more / brand? Which one is better for lining your inner eye?
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2004 at 12:17am
Well, I know kohl has been used for thousands of years, at least since the time of ancient Egyptians. It seems pretty soft and easy to blend, but I dunno how well it compares with other liners, since my experience with make-up is pretty limited. I only ever used kohl and the occasional liquid liner, and I didn't really care for the liquid.
More awesome than a manatee!
EmeraldNight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmeraldNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2004 at 1:35pm
As far as I know Kohl can mean a bunch of things.
There is a difference in pigments and oils between kohls and regular eyeliner, but im not sure what it is. Like Kuroneko said, the kohl is easier to blend and has a richer texture to it in general.

But there are also times when cheaper companies who will use "kohl" as a colour, not refering to a richer consistency.

On a side note, i love liquid eyeliner particularly on top of the eye. Its always been hard for me to get precise lines with penicl on the lid.
EmeraldNight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmeraldNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2004 at 1:39pm
opps sorry I think i posted twice on accident
HazelnutGelato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HazelnutGelato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 11:56pm
in my experience, kohl is generally smudgier and doesn't last as long.

...sexy, though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic