Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

eyebrows

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sxysparkler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sxysparkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: eyebrows
    Posted: October 27 2004 at 2:00pm
I have a huge problem with tweezing my eyebrows. I know I should go to the salon, but I prefer to try doing it at home to maybe save some money. My question is if there are any at home eyebrow wax kits? Is there anything that helps you to shape your brows? Thanks for any input.
shawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2004 at 10:45pm
hi do u lighten your eye brows if so what do u do
sxysparkler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sxysparkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2004 at 12:08am
I have naturally blonde hair, and my eyebrows are already light. I have been told that they are long and that I should trim them, but how do you do that?
RavenAngeL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RavenAngeL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2004 at 5:57pm
Usually I get mine done from a salon professionally and then pluck around to keep the shape I had originally from salon using tweezers and scissors.
niki420 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niki420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2004 at 3:27pm
to trim my eyebrows i use a small clean mascara type wand to brush my brows upward, i kinda curl the hair over the wand and whatever sticks out gets cut back. then i use the wand to brush and hold the hair upward and i snip what sticks out, then downward and snip some more. then brush 'em back into place and get out the tweezers, now that you've trimmed you'll be able to better see what needs plucked. first, get rid of any stragglers, below and above your natural brow. then move on to shaping,
1. Tweeze immediately after showering or apply a hot washcloth to loosen hair follicles.
2.Hold a pencil vertically along the side of the nose. Eyebrow should start at outside edge if pencil.
Hint: Leaving a bit more space will widen close-set eyes.
3.Hold pencil to outside of eye. This is where the eyebrow should end.
4.Smooth brows with a little moisturizer to help hairs slide out.
5.Brush brows up to find a natural arch.
6. Draw in the desired shape beforehand with a soft eye shadow pencil.
Hint: Don't use an eyeliner pencil. It will cause you to pluck too much.
7.Tweeze under the brow first, plucking in the direction of the growth.
Hint: If your plucking becomes too painful, apply a little anbesol (yes, that pain reliever for teeth also numbs the brows)
8.when done splash with cold water or use ice cubes to relieve puffiness and close pores
niki
mark82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2005 at 11:26pm
http://www.bestincosmetics.com/eyebrows-section.htm
visit above link for eyebrows problema and solutions,
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2005 at 7:31am
Originally posted by sxysparkler sxysparkler wrote:

I have a huge problem with tweezing my eyebrows. I know I should go to the salon, but I prefer to try doing it at home to maybe save some money.

Why should you go to the salon?

When I was a kid, tiny eybrows were in style, and waxing didn't exist. We would tweeze the hairs as they came in, a few a day to keep up with them. It's the easiest way, and it's free.

Ice is good for numbing the skin beforehand, tweezing out of the shower may be more painful. But once you get them caught up, to tweeze a few a day is not painful or irritating.

I never needed to trim my eyebrows, but I used to do my daughter's. When you have them plucked into the proper shape, use a little comb to comb the hairs out, and just trim them off at an even length.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 2:27pm
if you have a hard time shaping them, then get waxed at a salon once, and just keep it up with plucking as the come in
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic