Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

dyed lashes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
redhairedgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhairedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dyed lashes
    Posted: February 18 2005 at 12:31pm
Has anyone had their eyelashes dyed? How long does it last and is better to go to a salon or use one of the diy kits?
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2005 at 7:17am
I think this is not something normally done, and could be very risky - it might cause blindness.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhairedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2005 at 10:14am
I read it in a magazine (I forget which one). I have ginger eyelashes and I thought that dying/tinting or whatever it was called, would save having to use mascara.
beck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2005 at 7:42am
I have heard of models getting their eyelashes tinted using certain vegetable dyes. But i think it should be done by a professional, if you absolutely must do it.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2005 at 7:51am
If you did get your eyelashes dyed, it would probably last less than a month before it needed to be redone. But you'd probably also find that a lot of the effect of mascara is from the gunkiness of the product. How it builds up on your lashes makes them look longer and thicker. You might find the look a little more natural than you were accustomed to.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
beck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2005 at 8:05am
very good point.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhairedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2005 at 12:07pm
hmmm. Fair enough, I'm just a lazy so and so, thought it would save bothering with mascara. I'm just glad other people have heard of tinting lashes, I was beginning to think I had dreamt about it or something. lol
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 3:49pm
youd end up usind mascara anyways.

woah, man, an extra 30 seconds everyday. terrible huh?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhairedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2005 at 6:21am
Kalika
I said I was lazy! lol. I would have considered permanent eye make-up too until I read your posting on that thread, thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic