Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

sunscreen and makeup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
beck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sunscreen and makeup
    Posted: February 21 2005 at 7:48am
Does anyone know of a good non oily sunscreen that will not make makeup slide off. I have skin slightly on the oily side but manage it with my skin care routine. HOwever, I have yet to find a sunscreen that truly is NON GREASY. i've been using neutrogena healthy skin face lotion, with SPF 15. I really like the way it feels by itself, but when I wear makeup, it really just won't "set". could it be the AHA's in it?
beck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 1:00pm
Aww come on. I'm going away this summer and i ABSOLUTELY must find a good sunscreen that won't be greasy .
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 3:52pm
beck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 4:21pm
yes i have also done the searches and found lots of ideas. but i have tried many just to be disappointed in them. i was kind of hoping someone could offer personal experience with a product. i have spent so much money on different sunscreens that claim to be oil free and greaseless, but they're not. if anyone has one they would like to recommend, that would be appreciated.
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2005 at 2:22pm
Im sorry, I dont. If you have very oily skin, then use a mattafier along with the oil free facial sunscreen
DianeLuvsMunky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DianeLuvsMunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2005 at 4:49pm
Have you tried Clean & Clear oil-free Morning Glow with SPF15? No AHA's as far as I can tell.

It's what I use and my make-up goes on fine.
I have very oily skin so by the end of the day no matter what I use everything including moisturizer comes off my face. I also live in a very humid place.

Maybe try switching make-up, like to one of those that claim they last all day.
GoldieLocks92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldieLocks92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 4:12pm
I use a face lotion by Lorel (with SPF 15) with sun screen in it. It is non-oily and really helps to moisturize as well as protect.
Hair is BSL+ as of 9/15/05
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic