Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Good skin Products??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Aesha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good skin Products??
    Posted: June 24 2004 at 8:46am
Yes, I believe in inner and outer skin care!

Hi I’m 38 years old and refuse to go into my 40’s with bad skin. I found this product on-line called Naturally Clear an Aloe Vera skin care product that works!http://www.naturallyclear.com.

I been to the doctors nothing cleared up my pimples or my blemishes. This product is two steps facial cleaning and skin care vitamins. I’ve seen results in 2 weeks, it's going on 3 months now. I've been using Naturally Clear for 3 months now. People think I'm wearing makeup, I don’t wear makeup, I like showing my natural skin. I will not use anything else but Naturally Clear. Several girlfriends have ordered Naturally Clear and it's working for them also. Before I came across this product I would not go out and socialize.

Love the skin I’m in!
Patience and perseverance have a
magical effect
Before which difficulties disappear
and obstacles
vanish.
Isha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2003 at 10:59pm
[QUOTE=Mylissa] I have been using DHC products for the last four years...used to hop all around trying this and trying that...I have combo skin. Tho is getting bit drier as I get older...35 coming up next month (woohooo) They have this great soap, 'Mild Soap' made with honey and virgin olive oil...all their products are from Japan...can mail order, or online. They have the best customer service I've ever experienced. A bar of the Mild Soap lasts me about a month and a half...has this neat dish to keep it in. Enuf of me yackin...just check out the site...I think you can request some free samples that's how I got into it. If you'd not mind to give me your address I just recieved and order I placed and in that order was a card to refer friends, I think when I give them friend's names they send them a sample kit of their most popular. They have several lines to choose from, even products for babies. I'll get the link for ya...

Hi! If you're invitation still stands, I would love it if you would refer me. My email is isha1974@hotmail.com. Thank you.
Gally3d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gally3d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2003 at 6:07pm
for oily skin, the best thing you can do is read the bottle. If the product is oil-free, and allergen(sp) free, you are getting a good buy.

Neutrogena products are always good. As for medicated products, over-the-counter I'd reccomend clean&clear, as they have the highest concentration of medication for the best price.

Just a note on retin-a. Please don't suggest it as a stand-alone product for acne. It won't clear up acne by itself. You need to use an acne medication along with it as well as a moisturizer and MOST importantly a strong sunblock. Be prepared to become a vampire if you are on retin-a. ^_^ the sun can do awful dammage if you are using it.
Mylissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mylissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2003 at 12:10pm
I have been using DHC products for the last four years...used to hop all around trying this and trying that...I have combo skin. Tho is getting bit drier as I get older...35 coming up next month (woohooo) They have this great soap, 'Mild Soap' made with honey and virgin olive oil...all their products are from Japan...can mail order, or online. They have the best customer service I've ever experienced. A bar of the Mild Soap lasts me about a month and a half...has this neat dish to keep it in. Enuf of me yackin...just check out the site...I think you can request some free samples that's how I got into it. If you'd not mind to give me your address I just recieved and order I placed and in that order was a card to refer friends, I think when I give them friend's names they send them a sample kit of their most popular. They have several lines to choose from, even products for babies. I'll get the link for ya...

dhccare.com

Best of luck to ya!! Gotta get back to work

Erikah View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erikah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2003 at 2:04am
I like the Neutrogena Deep Clean with the micro-beads to slough off the dry skin and cleanse and then I like the Oil Of Olay Beauty lotion.
Stephy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2003 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Stephy Stephy wrote:

I know this post was written a while ago, but I use Kiehl''s products. They have this facial cleanser called Rare Earth Oatmeal Milk Facial Cleanser#2, it''s for oily or very oily skin types. They have a web site www.kiehls.com. Anyway, I''ve been using their products for about a year now, and haven''t gotten the urge to switch to a different company like I used to do.
I'm tired of all this nonsense about
beauty being only skindeep. That's
deep enough. What do you want, an
adorable pancreas? Jean Kerr
Stephy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2003 at 7:20pm
oops, let me try again.
jessm1014 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessm1014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2003 at 1:13pm
Hello. I too have very oily skin. I have been using the Neutrogena original cleansing bar for about 10 years now ever since my dermatologist recommended it. It really makes my face feel clean. I also use St. Ives apricot scrub to exfoliate. Both are fairly cheap and can be found at Wal-Mart or any place like that. If you have acne, Retin-A does work wonders. My dermatologist also gave me a prescription for that 10 years ago, and it cleared up my face wonderfully. I also use Arbonne's thermal fusion enzyme mask and glycolic acid peels which are doing wonders for my blemishes now, and are helping to fade the marks left from previous break-outs. Hope that helps!
bluebee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2003 at 1:29pm
I loved the Principal Secret line of cleansers & moisturisers. It really made a difference in my skin. I had to cancel because it just got too expensive for me. $30 a month.

Maybe someday I can get back to it.

I also like Clinique real well, I love the bonus days.
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2003 at 4:39am
For anyone who isn't familiar with LUSH ( www.lush.com )
their products are so fabulous, all natural (most are even vegan), and smell and look so gorgeous, you're not sure whether to use them or eat them.

I received my second order from LUSH yesterday and the skin creams are so gorgeous! Sympathy For the Skin is so rich and creamy, it smells like real vanilla--not that stinky vanilla candle scent, but like french vanilla ice cream. Dream Cream for sensitive skin is a similar formula that has a dreamy almond-y/vanilla scent. Potion is a lighter lotion that smells faintly of a carnation bouquet. When I use these products I can't stop sniffing my skin, and revelling in how soft I feel. These are the nicest creams I've ever used. They make chain bath and body stuff seem like fast food skin care.

I had to hurry up and order this second order to ensure that I wouldn't run out of the stuff I bought in the first order, because I love it so much. They also make soaps, bath "bombs" (delectable additives for the bath, you want to eat them!), hair products (excellent natural shampoos, conditioners, even hennas, and other stuff. And if you're in the US, you get the benefit of the US dollar against the canadian. I just can't say enough about LUSH. Check out their website and then try them once. Your skin will thank you, even if your pocketbook won't.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2003 at 9:26pm
Retin A. You can't beat it! I have been using it for 25 years. I started with it for acne and stayed with it for wrinkle control. I am told that I have beautiful skin and I honestly don't put anything on it except Retin A in the morning followed by Neutrogena tinted oil-free moisturizer with SPF 15. I don't even wash my face at night. I wear eye makeup but no foundation and rarely even blush. Retin A was made for people with oily skin. My skin is still oily and I am nearly 50. After a certain age that becomes a good thing.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
snapplegum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snapplegum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2003 at 3:28am
Well i use Noxema astringent to get rid of dirt first, then i use Clean & Clear toner to make it more moisturized but still get rid of the left over dirt, and then finally i use Clean & Clear moisturizer! THe moisturizer is oil-free aaand it has pimple and acne medicines that fight pimples while its on! Neat right? Hope this helps!
*lub ya lots* RuThi

never give up if you still wanna try
never wipe ur tears if you still wanna cry
never settle for that answer if you still wanna kno
never say you dont like him if you cant let him go..

Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2003 at 4:24am
I've been washing my face with Noxema skin creme (the "regular" one) since I was 11 years old. It always leaves my face feeling soft and clean. Twice a day keeps me blemish-free, for the most part.

I use a light moisterizer afterwards, and lately I've added an eye cream (since I joined the 35+ set a year ago).

Noxema is inexpensive, readily available, and I love it. I never liked the "plus" formula, though. I prefer my own moisterizer.
[/url]

Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2003 at 8:58am
Hi Rose,

I really like Olay foaming cleanser (I think that's the name.) It's very gentle yet pretty thorough. I wish I had more recommendations for you! I hope someone else will chime in.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Courtney_Josephine_Rose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Courtney_Josephine_Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2003 at 3:05am
Ok..I posted a message about skin products for oily skin. Does anyone know some really good products
( price is not an issue ) for this skin type? Please let me know soon. Thanks and Cheers***
Rose
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic