Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

dark under eyes...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
islander4917 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islander4917 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dark under eyes...
    Posted: January 16 2005 at 4:40pm
i have always had darkness under my eyes and i always have to use make up to cover it.. but doesn't work completely.. i don't know if it is lack of sleep or something else..

does anyone have this problem or know anything to help?? i see a lot of creams for this but don't want to get them if they dont work.. any suggestions???
Swimchick View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swimchick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2005 at 11:22am
i have them too dont worry. i take potato slices and put them under my eyes for 10 mins. if you do not have time to do that use coverup make sure it is the same colar as your skin!

The Asian Invasion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Asian Invasion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2005 at 11:36am
Hmm.. I have them too, and I've just always had them, so I doubt it's from lack of sleep (I sleep 10 hours a day). I use Mabelline's True Illusion Cover Up Wands (They're not called that, but that's what I think they're like). I tend to go about 2 shades later because they're super easy to blend, and then it evens out and blends into my skin color, and the dark under my eyes aren't even noticeable anymore.
mark82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2005 at 11:23pm
don't use make up to hide dark circles and just this section at
http://www.bestincosmetics.com/Dark%20Circles%20under%20the%20eyes.htm
ames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2005 at 2:31am
it could be due to dehydration, but some people just have it naturally..if you are sleeping well and drinking lots of water you will just have to deal with it.
you can buy 'corrector' pencils or cream which is a yellow colour...sounds strange but it cancells out the bluish tinge and covers it much more effectively than concealer. if you try it, just be sure to blend it really well, as it could look a little strange if you have too much on!
this article has some good tips, and a link to an example of the concealer...

http://www.dermadoctor.com/Newsletter.asp?NewsletterID=133
i can't take it no more so i'm going on a shopping spree
....H.A.R.M.A.R superstar....
darthmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darthmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2005 at 2:41pm
Hemmoroid cream is good for the puffiness, if that is what is making them dark.
naureen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naureen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2005 at 1:28pm
well i heard on tv someday to place a steel spoon in a fridge and when it becomes cold enough, just place it over the circles , i dont it works for u or not, i tried that, it helped me.

sometimes due to tension , we have dark circles!
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2005 at 7:26am

Ive always had them, but its due to several factors, thin undereye skin, deep set eyes and a high nose bridge.  I was just built that way *sigh*

hairfitness101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfitness101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2005 at 11:57am

I have dark circles under my eyes as well. I've had them since I was a kid,(now 30), I was told by an allergist/dermatologist that it is what's called "allergy eyes",my mother always called  it Racoon Eyes,how nice!I dont get puffy eyes though unless i have eaten too much salt the night before-going out to eat or something.

Anyway, not putting mascara or eyeliner on the bottom(under eye area)will help to not draw attention to it,i only use the makeup on top lid,I like the look better now that I am older too. Sometimes I use a shimmer or white shadow with an angle applicator -where you would put the eyeliner-under the eye,and i use it in the corners as well,it really makes them brighter-but you are going for natural,not fairy-looking,so not too much or too light,depending on your skin color.

Also,After i cleanse my face in the morning,i tone,and then i use a moisturizer with spf,and i really put a good amount,around the eyes and i lightly massage the area under my eyes,if you do this, it will circulate the blood in the vein under the eye that makes it look so dark,and it will help it to appear less dark.I have tried eye gels,creams,serums etc but the best thing i found is rest, try to destress and take time out for you,and lots of water.I drink lemon water constantly-no sweetener,it does help.

And concealers tend to make it look worse so i only dab lightly(don't cake it on) with my makeup sponge at the outer area of my eyes with my regular color concealer( i use neutrogena-very light feeling),not in corners,it will look much more natural! Hope this helps you.

Rhyse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhyse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2005 at 7:24pm

I was so sick of using concealers that I bought this cream that is suppose to lighten up the dark circles  and they are almost gone..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfitness101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2005 at 9:28pm

What is the name of the cream, and where can i get it? I'd be willing to try it if it works. Thanks

Rhyse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhyse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2005 at 10:34am

I sent you a pm Hairfitness..

akiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2005 at 6:51pm
what worked really surprisingly well for me was  vitamin e undereye cream from the body shop (it comes in a pink tube). it was really effective in taking away the dark circles (mine was primarily just  darkness-not puffiness). I would, however, caution against using any of their other vitamin e products. I was so enthusiastic about the results I got from that one, that i bought a vitamin e face cream from the same line and broke out, heh. But the undereye cream is very light and smooth-not nearly as rich as the face stuff. good luck! :)
Alyssa_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alyssa_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 2:07am
You might also want to have your iron levels checked. Low iron can cause dark circles under your eyes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfitness101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 11:01am

Alyssa, that is very interesting. I have been wondering if I am low in something anyway, because of the way I feel all the time. Its not uncommon for me to be cold in the summer and things like that. I have been trying to eat much healthier, its hard though, I have such a busy schedule, I'm lucky to eat at all. I work, go to school, and have two kids, It's really too much but I know it will pay off once I am done with school and I will enjoy my "free time".

Since, akiz's post, I thought that I would try something I already have in my house, which is pure almond oil that has vit E in it as a preservative. I have been toning my face with witch-hazel which my mom was always an advocate of(she actually kept hers in the fridge,and it had to be Dickenson's)works good for bruises too, anyway, if you tone with that and I put it on papertowel squares and put it on my eyes, it feels great.(cold of course). Then i massage a small amount of the oil around my eyes, sinuses, temples etc. and its helping my circulation,it appears less dark afterward, it is temporary but I am hoping that with repeated massaging every day, it will be less temporary.

Rhyse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhyse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 1:17pm

That is very interesting hairfitness I use Dickesons witch hazed also that method sounds good and less expensive...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfitness101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 6:03pm
Rhyse, do you use it as a toner too? When it is cold(refridgerated) it just feels so good on the skin, especially when its summer time,very refreshing. And yes, defitely much less expensive. The almond oil was $6 and change, for an 8oz. bottle at my local health food store.In the morning,my skin just glows and its so soft.
Rhyse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhyse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2005 at 8:20am

I use it as a toner and it helps alot, I am going to start keeping it in the refrigarator.. I am going to look for some almond oil this weekend and keep you updated..

Thanks for the tip..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfitness101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2005 at 9:57am

Cool. Got another tip for you. If you don't know already, brown sugar makes a wonderful body scrub. Instead of spending $20 for it at the store with added chemicals and fragrances, just keep some brown sugar-not the box stuff called sugar in the raw, use the stuff that comes in a bag-like you use for baking, keep some in a tupperware in your bathroom cabinet, when you want to use it, you'll have it all ready, use it in the shower because it is a little messy, rub it on your body and/or face and it will just melt once it hits the water and it will remove dead skin and just leave it glowing.

I try to do it once a week if i have time. Particularly in the summer when i wear shorts.But its good for winter skin too. And much cheaper than bath and body works. Think you will really like the almond oil. Oddly its helping clear up my face, you wouldnt think an oil would do that but maybe the vit E in it or massaging it in every day is doing it,not sure.

Sweetcandicurlz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetcandicurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2005 at 8:27pm
Well, I have also always had dark circles under my eyes and I bought this "under eye treatment cream" from Avon and I just started using it, but I think it's been working a little, but I guess I just have to keep using it to really see a difference. Well that's all
I love chocolate and monkeys!!I'm the sweetest peanutbutter cup chica you'll ever want to meet! love, hugs, and kisses.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic