Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hot Oil Recipe For Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
leah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hot Oil Recipe For Hair
    Posted: February 23 2003 at 1:36pm
From Aromatherapy Blends & Remedies by Franzesca Watson -

A hot oil that is supposed to be very healing for hair and the scalp. You can use on either.

2 oz. castor oil
2 oz. jojoba oil
24 drops rosemary essential oil
20 drops bay essential oil
18 drops atlas cedarwood essential oil

Castor oil can be quite heavy so if the oil seems too heavy for your hair type you might consider cutting the castor oil portion in 1/2.

Apply to the roots to help stimulate the hair cuticle or apply to the ends or middle of hair if it is damaged.

Leave on hair for 30 minutes or longer. Shampoo out and condition as usual.

Captain Japonica View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Japonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2004 at 5:30pm
Really, what's so wrong with those VO5 hot oil treatments?
michelle77777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michelle77777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2004 at 10:37pm
I SUGGEST USING A CORDLESS HEATCAP WITH YOUR WONDERFUL RECIPE! IT WILL REALLY BRING OUT THE SMELLS IN YOUR HOT OILS. GO TO: WWW.MICROHAIRCAP.COM
IT WILL ENHANCE AND OPEN YOUR HAIR FOLLICLES EVEN MORE. ONE ALWAYS SHOULD USE HEAT WITH A DEEP CONDITION..GOOD LUCK
michelle :0)
Hair Goddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2005 at 1:58pm

Originally posted by Captain Japonica Captain Japonica wrote:

Really, what's so wrong with those VO5 hot oil treatments?

Hi Captain Japonica,

I just have to say to you that the VO5 treatments are great..I've used them before.  It's just that for those who want totally natural it may not be for them.  Also, it's nice to be able to custom make your own stuff sometimes.  It's like buying a store bought cake vs. making your own....it can be much more satisfying....know what I mean? HTH

NaturalBeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaturalBeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2005 at 11:15am

oils are great for your hair.  I love natural things and I always recomend them. A lot of the time things in your own home are better for your skin/hair and are cheeper.

Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2005 at 8:02am
Thanks, leah. I'm going to try that treatment. My scalp has been very irritated as of late. I usually use Hask Aromatherapy (feels soooo good on my scalp!), but I think mixing up a home remedy will be fun.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic