Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jasmine Better Than Lavender For Sleeping?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jasmine Better Than Lavender For Sleeping?
    Posted: April 26 2003 at 7:37pm
Hi all,

I read in a piece by the Better Sleep Council that jasmine scents help you fall asleep faster than Lavender. Hmmmmmm. I am such a Lavender fan these days. But I am open to any new ideas. I bought some Mole's Hollow Jasmine candles today to give it a try. You can also supposedly used oils in a warm bath but with the hot Dallas months fast approaching a warm bath seems inappropriate. :-)

I also read that Jasmine can only be picked at night when the flowers are in bloom...so maybe that has something to do with it?

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Janice Masters View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janice Masters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2003 at 9:32pm
I have never heard of this and I use lavender oil a lot to help get a good night's sleep. I am anxious to hear the answer if anyone has it? Thanks Karen. I learn some new possibilities all the time from these boards.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2003 at 7:09pm
Hi Guy's; What is the cost of Real Jasmine essential oil in comparison to Lavender??
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2003 at 4:01am
Hi Karen and Sophie

I pay £8 per ml of Jasmine eo as compared to £0.40 per ml of Lavender eo.
Safe to conclude that I don't buy Jasmine very often.

The thing about Jasmine getting you to sleep quicker than Lavender is news to me.
However, I have my Aromatherapy "bible" here and it says that Jasmine is a

"relaxing and emotionally 'warming' oil. It is a powerful antidepressant of a stimulating nature, which makes it one of the best oils to help where depression has given rise to a certain lethargy."
(Aromatherapy, an A-Z, Patricia Davis)

Relaxing yet stimulating....doesn't sound like sleep inducing to me......

Uzma
Uzi

Jennifer Bahney View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Bahney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2003 at 7:35am
Hi, Karen! I've been using Jasmine e.o. to fall asleep for over a year now. I'm not a big lavender fan, and Jasmine has always really relaxed me. They also say that it helps to induce pleasant dreams!

I buy mine from NaturesGift.com. It's expensive, but definitely a staple, IMHO.
Take care!
Jennifer
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2003 at 10:27pm
Hi Jen,

Thanks for your informative post. I always appreciate your insights.

By the way, if you have tried to email me lately...or if anyone has....my HB.com email crashed and burned a few days ago and was just recovered as of about 2 hours ago. I have come to discover, to my horror, that not only was I not receiving emails......the ones I was sending out didn't seem to arrive at their destination either.

That is the most horrible feeling in the world. Sort of like thinking you locked the front door before you went to bed, only to discover it was unlocked and wide open all night. LoL.

Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
DallasGal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DallasGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2011 at 11:24pm
I read in an article recently an aromatherapy institute did a study and found the smell of vanilla to be relaxing and calming which aided participants in falling asleep.

Worth a try.

Let me know how it goes!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic