Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Took Aromatherapy Class

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Took Aromatherapy Class
    Posted: November 03 2003 at 7:34am
Wow Karen, I really know way less than I thought I did....Your class really sounds complicated.
Thanks for taking the time to share....we know your schedule is Whaaa!

I would love to hear more but don't feel you have to stay up late...you need your sleep Girl....Let us know how you make your decisions concerning your moves. I would really love to hear about the Salon/Spa, wow how fun....But where do you find the time?

When you say the Feng Shui really changed things, at your office....What did you mean?

Bratty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bratty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2003 at 4:57pm
Hey Karen,

Thanks for all the info. I don't know much about aromatherapy or Feng Shui but would like to. By the way, are certain aromas helpful for growing hair? Also, what about Feng Shui. Can it have an influence?

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2003 at 12:50pm
Hi Sophie,

Thanks for the recommendation on the Jasmine. I will definitely purchase some from those folks. I am on a mission to find good quality, authentic oils now. :-)

I am kinda bummed about the aromatherapy class. It was a "short course" which means just a few hours and it turned out to be more of an "intro" class that was designed to enhance feng shui "cure" principles.

I am currently taking a Feng Shui class that is 8 weeks long (we have 2 classes left) and each class is a full jam packed 2 hours. It is very intense and already about half of the class has fallen out. We have tons of homework and this week I am doing Loshus on 5 buildings as part of my homework.

I am looking for a new location for HairBoutique.com's corporate offices and warehouses in 2004 along with a standalone brick and mortar boutique/salon/minispa.

The Feng Shui teacher is internationally known and actually came to HairBoutique.com about 1 year ago to perform Flying Star Feng Shui on the facility. As a result we had to move several things from the building and add different things like waterfalls and chimes and mirrors. Did it work? Yes. Definite change in the first 60 days. Noticeable change. Freaked out the doubting engineers. :-)

However, we are getting to the end of a 20 year cycle and this will change the entire energy of the building. Rather than try and "cure" everything, she suggested strongly that we going ahead and move. It will ultimately be easier and our lease is up in the Fall of 2004 anyway. So better to start over now that I know what I know about Feng Shui. Based on everything I have learned in the class (I now have 4 full notebooks) she is right about just moving. But arghhhh the thought gives me nightmares. :-)

By the way Donald Trump has Feng Shui consultants that analyze his hotels before he buys them. We studied several of his buildings and it is fascinating. The teacher showed us how and why some of the buildings have been better than others.

Anyway, the aromatherapist is a Feng Shui expert who utilizes aromas to "cure" too much of any one element (metal, wood, water etc). She also makes her own formulas and gave us a secret formula "guaranteed" to work. I tried it and zippo. Didn't do a thing.

I actually bought some 100% authentic Jasmine oil from one of the HairBoutique.com suppliers (mucho expensive) and 100% authenic essential oils for the other oils she recommended for the formula.

I talked to her about it and she then explained that what might work for one Feng Shui number/element might not work for a different one. Argggggghhhhh. Well it makes sense, she is a different Feng Shui number then me.

So I called an aromatheraphy master I have taken past classes with in Dallas yesterday and explained the situation. He told me that I needed to magnify the blend with a 3rd oil. However, he said that depending on the individual, the 3rd oil might be one of 5 different essential oils. I wrote them all down and am going to experiment. :-(

I guess if it were simple, there would be a million aromatheraphy and Feng Shui experts running around.

Which is important to note. Before I had my current Feng Shui teacher do a Flying Star chart on the HairBoutique.com building, I hired a previous feng shui "expert" who did a different system. We saw almost no results with the first Feng Shui "expert". However, my current Feng Shui teacher (the 2nd expert) studied in Hong Kong and works with movie producers to find "best filming locations" for movies. So she is definitely a "real" expert. It would explain how she got obvious changes when she did the Flying Star charts on HB.com and the first one didn't any results at all.

Which goes to show that you get what you pay for. I chose the first Feng Shui person originally because she was a lot less expensive for a consultation. But the 2nd one who was a lot (mucho) more expensive got definable results and the 1st one didn't.

I will be taking several advanced classes with her (my current teacher if my head doesn't blow off my head learning all of this). I wanted to just hire her to do a new analysis of HairBoutique.com but she challenged me to study with her instead and do it myself. She told me that it would be more meaningful if I did eventually hire her again, because I would understand what she was doing.

Yes, it was a good idea to take the class BUT like I have the time to go to classes and do homework assignments. :-) Anyway, I am glad I am taking the class even though I curse the time I have to dedicate to it because it keeps me from getting my other business done. :-)

Right now we are studying the hourly Feng Shui influences based on individual loshus. Very interesting. It seems to work although I am not sure why at this point yet. Hopefully I will understand soon. :-)

By the way, I have discovered that 99% of the Feng Shui books available are total crap. I have already taken my old books to a Half Price Books since they have such conflicting info.

OK. Well enough blabbing. I would love to hear any feedback from all about aromatherapy and/or Feng Shui.

Hope you are all having a great weekend.

Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2003 at 7:58pm
Hi Karen...Try this site for Jasmine EO.
www.newlifesystems.com If you can't get in there let me know and I will get you the info.

Cheers.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2003 at 8:01pm
Awesome Karen...I hope you have time to share some of the highlights of the class.

I'm not familiar with Birch, I will watch for it.

I have some jasmine, but it's not very high quality.

What are some of the brands your teacher used?

Good to hear from you...thank's for sharing......Cheers.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2003 at 3:40pm
Hi all,

I recently signed up for a Feng Shui class at the urging of the Feng Shui expert that did the analysis of the HairBoutique.com building. I guess she was tired of me (ha ha) asking questions and encouraged me to take her class. Seriously, she is very good and has studied in Hong Kong.

I am learning a lot in the Feng Shui class BUT for this week's class we have a course in Feng Shui and aromatherapy and it blew me completely away. It was so good.

The teacher of the aromatherapy class has studied with some of the best in the aromatherapy world and she had some really interesting recipes and suggestions. She also passed out little strips of paper with 15 different aromas to sniff. Quite intense.

I was surprised to see how much I loved the aroma of Birch. I know that Birch is supposed to be for headache relief but what else is it for? It reminded me of Wintergreen mints. However, I know that Wintergreen can be very toxic.

So does anyone use Birch in their recipes?

Also, she talked a lot about Jasmine but I have not been able to find a good source for really high quality Jasmine. Any ideas?

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic