Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What do YOU wear to a job interview?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2003 at 3:27pm
I AM OFFICIALLY EMPLOYED!!!!!!!!

(or at least I will be, starting Monday!)

wohhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Thanks to my hair talk family for all of your support!

Love,

Elissa
[/url]

SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2003 at 9:02pm
Yeah!!! *Doin' the new job dance*

Kick ass, girlfriend!
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2003 at 10:20pm
Thank you Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/url]

princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2003 at 10:51pm
oh elissa that is so awesome! i'm glad you shared it with us
harriet View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harriet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2004 at 7:55pm
i wore a pink checkered mini skirt with a matching blazer it looked hot
Captain Japonica View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Japonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2004 at 12:57am
I work in the adult entertainment industry, so I wear skintight jeans and wifebeaters for interviews.
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2004 at 10:19am
I want to only do work where I can wear my jeans and don't believe in dressing up to impress. Plus I just don't want to dress up. For my interview for my last job in Canada, I did a "minimum" of dressing up in dress pants, a turtleneck and nice shoes. Thereafter, my boss (a wonderful lady) never saw me in anything but jeans, but I did dress up a bit at the interview, as many interviewers may still expect that from you. However, when I came to Prague to work as an English teacher, I went to several interviews and decided to see what would happen if I wore jeans. Although one guy didn't like my appearance (an older, apparently conservative and not very pleasant fellow that I'm glad I don't work for), I got work in 2 schools, at least one other offer and apparent considerations, and one lady would gladly have given me work, but didn't have any, so she got me private students! Thus I was quite successful, despite wearing jeans. I do not ENDORSE what I did, however, because that seems to have worked for ME. The Czechs seem to not be so superficial, and they have a need for English teachers. I like it here enough that I'm seriously considering staying, maybe even marrying one of the local beauties. But this may not work in North America or for your particular interviewers, so if you wear jeans to your white collar etc job interview, YOU DO SO AT OWN RISK.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic