Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Seamless / smooth strapless bras?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seamless / smooth strapless bras?
    Posted: July 02 2003 at 3:47pm
OK, I've had my one strapless bra for like 5 years now. And I wear it all time in the summer. It's been good to me, but I think it's time to replace it.

I think what I really need is something smooth and seamless, because I like to wear stuff that's on the tight side in the summer. The tank top I have on right now is showing every wrinkle and crease of my old strapless.

I wonder if Body by Victoria offers anything strapless. That's probably what I need. I have some regular bras in that line, and they are great.

Any other suggestions?
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2003 at 5:50pm
I bought mine at Macy's (department store). I can't remember the brand, it specialized in plus-size bras, but their strapless bras ranged from all sizes. It's a great strapless, seamless and smooth, and the top and bottom have this jelly material lining so it sticks to the skin.

If the Body by Victoria line works for you, I'd definitely go for their strapless bra (I think they have one in that line). It's really good that you've found a line that fits you well.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2003 at 12:59am
Yeah, I'll try a Body by Victoria, but they have a tendency to be sheer and not have much support. But maybe not. I don't think it's possible to build a strapless without support.

I'm afraid I may end up at the lingerie department at Macy's trying on every conceivable brand.

Joy!

"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2003 at 3:55pm
Mine is a white seamless Bali. I got it from the same place I get all of my wonderful, great-fitting discounted Bali bras: onehanesplace.com

If you love Bali bras, or Hanes or Llegs pantyhose, this place is for YOU. Once you get on their mailing list you will get all kinds of great sale catalogs regularly. I swear, once you buy there is no going back.

Elissa
[/url]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2003 at 11:17pm
Elissa! Thanks! I just bought a great strapless there! At least I hope it's great. It's hard when you can't try them on. I've never bought Bali before.

I got a slip too! Yeah! And none of the bother of futzing around at the mall or department store! As a matter of fact, I was just at the mall today picking up my monthly vitamins at the GNC, and I was on my way back to the car and I thought "I should go try on some strapless bras." But I just could not be bothered and left.

Thanks so much for sharing that website! Great prices, too!
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2003 at 12:24pm
Has anyone tried the NuBra? I read about it in a newspaper article, and I'm not quite sure what to think of it.
NuBra
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2003 at 12:54pm
SG, how did your strapless bra work out? How do you like Onehanesplace?

I recently bought a new seamless/strapless, from Vanity Fair. It actually has removal straps that can also go halter or criss cross. I like it, it doesn't have as much support as the bali but I don't need as much support as I used to. yee ha!

Elissa
[/url]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2003 at 2:42pm
Funny you should ask that. The package from One Hanes Place arrived yesterday. It was shipped July 5th! Goodness that's a long time.

Anyhue... the bra is a little big. I guess this is a situation where I really needed to try it on first. I think their sizes run a little big. :/

I think it's useable though. I haven't made up my mind yet. I'm wearing it now. I really don't have time to ship it back and wait for them to send another size. Summer will be over by then!
I guess I need to give up and go to the department store.
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2003 at 9:48pm
supergrover try TARGET. i bought a black one that you can remove the straps like elissa mention. i wanted a white one but the target i went to didn't have it. so my husband and i went to a different target. they had my size funny my husband wouldn't carry it LOL! he had it in his hand then gave it to me to hold.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2003 at 10:35pm
LOL! Boys are funny like that.
I can get my husband to follow me into Victoria's Secret when they are having a clearance sale, but he sticks right to my side, and won't help me rifle through bins looking for my size.

Thanks for the tip. I may have to try Target. They have pretty good clothes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic