Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

tailoring, finding a tailor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tailoring, finding a tailor
    Posted: July 14 2003 at 3:13pm
Having clothing altered has been mentioned before in the other threads. I'm wondering how you have found a tailor, and any wise words that should be mentioned regarding needing changes to clothing.

I've only taken things to the dry cleaners to get dress pants hemmed some more. With problems that can be handled simply, I sew it myself at home.

Have you tried the tailoring services at department stores after buying something? Did it work well?
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2003 at 5:02pm
I use a drycleaner that calls themselves "drycleaner and professional tailor". They did an excellent job hemming some pants I'd brought there a few months back, so I brought in the pink dress to the same people, hoping for the best. I was so happy to see a little old Italian lady in there this time, she pinned me up.

But I've always had problems finding tailors. You don't want to let just anyone cut up a garment that you love.

I have never had anything altered at a department store for myself. But some years ago, I bought an ex boyfriend a suit at JC Penny's and they did a nice job altering it for him.

Elissa
[/url]

caramia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2003 at 9:30pm
I've had good luck with J C Penney's for tailoring. Once, I had a pair of pants hemmed at Nordstrom's and they did a good job as well. Usually I just use my local dry cleaner for tailoring. I have to use a dry cleaner for a while before I feel comfortable having them do alterations.

Hope this helps.
Caramia
"I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me."
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2003 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by Elissa Elissa wrote:

I was so happy to see a little old Italian lady in there this time, she pinned me up.

Elissa

aren't little old italian ladies the best? ;) my grandma use to and still pin my pants. she had a slight stroke years ago so now it's harder for her to do.
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2003 at 5:28pm
They are the best!!!!
[/url]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic