Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Outlet shopping

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outlet shopping
    Posted: July 29 2003 at 8:29am
So who likes it? Where do you shop? What is your favorite outlet retailer? Tell us about your best bargain find.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2003 at 9:42am
Mmmm I used to live near a Land's End Outlet. There aren't very many of those, I believe.

Anyway, I had to stay out of there. They make great polo shirts and rugby shirts and I'm trying to dress like an adult now, not like a frumpy college student. So I mustn't buy such items anymore.

Other than that, I don't outlet shop much. Maybe I should.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2003 at 10:01am
Did you know Sears is carrying Land's End clothing now? (They bought the company recently.) A lot of people were up in arms about it and convinced Land's End quality would plummet since Sears isn't exactly known for its chic apparel. However I doubt this would happen--my company makes a premium brand along with a value line and neither really has anything to do with the other!

So anyway, I live within driving distance of a great outlet mall outside Chicago...simply fabulous...and there's an Ann Taylor outlet where most everything is under $30. My best buy: a red skirt suit plus a silk collared top for $50 total. And I just bought two awesome pairs of dress pants for $5 each. Rock. There's a J Crew outlet too....not quite as much a bargain as AT but still a great place to buy peacoats without breaking the bank.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2003 at 11:20pm
Oooh an Ann Taylor Outlet. I wonder if there's one of those near me.

I did know that Land's End bought Sears. I haven't personally bought any Land's End since then though, so I can't speak of their recent quality.
Their outlet was strictly Overstocks and Irregular items and things people had had embroidered and then returned. Great if you happen to find your own initials on an Oxford shirt! Good luck!
I bought an irregular rugby shirt. Still not sure what is wrong with it. Maybe it isn't a true size Small or something. (Men's! I don't wear small Ladies!)
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
razziberri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razziberri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2003 at 10:14pm
I love the gap outlet but it's hours away. I'm a gap girl. The best thing I got there was a black tank top for $2.99 marked down from $22. I was happy.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2003 at 5:45pm
The Dooney and Bourke outlet, the Coach outlet, and the Liz Claiborne outlet. They are all about a 45 minute up I95 from here. Very dangerous!
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Michelle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2004 at 12:34am
Im from Australia so the pricing is different.But my fave outlet is Supre which is a young womens clothing fashion chain whatsit. They have a whole heap of cool clothes. Most tops cost about $13aus.If you checkout the website you can look at their whole range including prices.It's summer and i'm 12 by the way.

www.supre.au.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic