Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a simple survey about ear piercing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Sharry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2004 at 2:46pm
1) your gender -Female

2) how old were you when you got it done?-Ten

3) did it hurt and if so, exactly how much? -Yes, but not much, and it was only for a second.

4) did you decide to do it voluntarily or were you under some kind of compulsion (family member getting it done for you without your consent, friends coaxing you into it, feeling the need to do it because of fashion etc)? -It was my decision.
BlondeJohn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlondeJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2005 at 12:57am
I'm a middle aged man, married, and have four daughters.

I wear long hair (straight blonde hair, mid-back length) and I have each ear lobe pierced twice.

I am getting my ear lobes pierced again for a third time each, next Friday, Feb. 18th.
My wife, for a Valentine's day present, bought me an afternoon at a full service beauty salon.
At the salon, I'm getting my hair trimmed (just a small trim to get rid of the split ends and even out my tresses in a blunt cut, I'm keeping my hair long), a massage, my hair highlighted, my nails done, and my ears pierced again.

I wear all types of earrings; studs, hoops, long dangle earrings, etc.. I like to wear 14 ct. gold earrings.

I first got my ears pierced in my early 20s (I'm now in my mid- 40s).

I got my ears pierced because I wanted to, (although a woman I was dating at the time encouraged me to get my ears pierced and was wild about pierced ears and earrings and jewelry on men).

The main reason I got my ears pierced is because I believed I would look good with long hair, a beard, and earrings.
I believe it is a look that suits me.
I have worn long hair, a neatly trimmed beard, and earrings ever since.

DakotaDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DakotaDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2005 at 4:05pm
BlondeJohn,
My husband has long hair and earrings too. I love it on him!
BlondeJohn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlondeJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2005 at 11:47pm
Good for him DakotaDiva.
There are quite a few men who wear long hair and even more who wear earrings nowadays. It's common.

redhairedgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhairedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2005 at 1:17pm
I am female. Had my ears done when I was 15, hurt a bit but not too much, just one in each ear. Had it done for me, not because of peer pressure or any of that stuff.
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2005 at 9:25pm

Edited by The Last Starfighter
jasmine2g3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasmine2g3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2005 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by duke duke wrote:

I would like to ask those who have (or have had) pierced ears to answer a few plain questions:

1) your gender [ Female]

2) how old were you when you got it done? [5, 13]

3) did it hurt and if so, exactly how much? [cried at 5, only pinched at 13]

4) did you decide to do it voluntarily or were you under some kind of compulsion (family member getting it done for you without your consent, friends coaxing you into it, feeling the need to do it because of fashion etc)? [at 5 my mom decided to get my 1st hole pierced, at 13 I wanted it done, then I got my belly button pierced when I was 18 b/c I thought they were sexy]

My hair idol
Transitioning
Current Length:1"above bra strap-layered
Texture:3c
*~*~* Jazz*~*~*
blondee View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2005 at 4:01pm
1) Female

2)5, 12,17

3)Never even winced.

4)Wanted it done sooo bad!
blondee
ron9321 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ron9321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 4:30am
Hi there l never had my ear pierced till l was about 25, all ways wanted one but parents very old fashioned, after left home went on a mad spree, but not till l hit late 30s had 2 tattoos done and had both nipples done, looking to get more tatts done and bigger rings put in my nips, and none of them hurt when done.
moonlessbraclet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moonlessbraclet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2005 at 2:44pm
Female, I was 2 weeks old. My mom had them done for me. I still have them and so I have no idea of the pain. Altho Im taking my 10 year old son to get his pierced here next week. From my understanding its not  that bad at all.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic