Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The most overused styles today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Del Piero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The most overused styles today?
    Posted: February 24 2005 at 4:37pm
For ages 25 down where applicable.
My picks:

Guys:

- Srtipped shirt + Jeans + White sneakies + Short, spiked hair = the most common and unriginal look ever.

- Trainer tops + non-trainter pants = what the hell? jock wanna-be? either wear the whole thing or don't wear it.

- thugs = no comments.

Girls:

- Black vests + jeans/trainers = whereever I wouldn't turn my head...

- full-jock-look-at-me-i-play-grass-hokey-for-my-high-school = *yawn*

You guys got any?
EuroDance!!!
Takin it back to the 90's.
Skzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 10:01pm
Oh my. There's lots of overused styles at my school.

Every girl has a Northface sweater, deconstructed blue jeans, and Ugg boots. Talk about unoriginal. It's really quite strange looking down the hall and seeing 20 girls wearing the same outfit.

I must say, the boys aren't nearly as bad. Though instead of spiky hair there's longish shag hair instead. (Which I find attractive, so I don't mind )
kaylajean444 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaylajean444 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2005 at 7:23pm

LAYERING is soo overused.. but  i love to do it.. i think that little lacey camis look sooo good under everything!! like this purple lacey one under a black top that i am wearing right now...

for guys at my school, basketball shoes.. they wear them everywhere.. i think its pretty dumb... and the whole skater thing.. ETNIES need to leave... I like it when guys dress CLEAN and preppy

curliegirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curliegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2005 at 5:12pm
id say layering too, and the destryoed jeans. I hate the destroyed jeans, they are so so so over used, and they arent cute at all!  but latering i do, i have to admit, its cute though, unlike the ugly ripped up pants.
Wild-Kitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild-Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2005 at 1:56pm
the used jeans and the white sneakers and the sport shirt for girls ...in collage it's like all the girls wearing this stuff
NDGthaDon View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDGthaDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2006 at 10:24pm
i dont think the polo pants white shoes r overused but i do think its good to have ur own style me i may wear a biker jacket wit some white adidas or a polo but i like polos so im down wit it.

lilkeke918 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilkeke918 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2006 at 11:00pm

huge white t's

Im an Ocean yall cats are just ponds
ISpeaksFacts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ISpeaksFacts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2006 at 5:09pm
I'm tired of EVERYBODY and their mammy wearing boots w/their pants tucked inside !
"Life is betta' with LOTS of cheddar!" -Sommore on The Parker's
NDGthaDon View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDGthaDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2006 at 9:16am

it think the pants in tha boots look r for certain people com.

duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2006 at 1:36pm

-Dyed/bleached/streaked hair

-Layered hair

-deconstructed clothing

-girls' pants that won't stay up/shirts that won't go over their top. Even in winter. I am sick of that look, it's so sloppy!

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 11:52pm

Allow me to rant for a moment on capri pants -_- .  I hate them. . . you have no idea how much I hate them -_- . . .  They make a woman look like she's outgrowing her clothes, especially if worn with either a three-quarter sleeve or a midriff-bearing top :-P .  Of course, I've been hearing for a couple of years now they were about to go out of style. . . so when I first heard that, I was relieved. . . but then they never went away!  *pokes them*  Ugh, and now there are gaucho pants, which are even worse, as they're not only capri-length, but swishy, too!  Will the horrors never end?  *goes to hide out now until all the tiny pants go away*

More awesome than a manatee!
jesusluvsu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jesusluvsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2006 at 1:14pm
theres nothing wrong with capris (as long as there the right style) i have a couple pairs myself, but ur sooo right about the gancho pants ugh!
Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2006 at 2:04pm

- Srtipped shirt, Jeans, White sneakers&  spiked hair

the whole skater thing

In girls the jeans jacket& mini...

Now at my school, which is artistic everyone's gothic, artistic& sad, so one of the biggest trends are the corsets. I started the trend back in freshmen year, then 3 other people suddenly had 'em& it sorta spread. Then I tried red nails. Guess what everyone was using. Plus motorcycle jackets, my weird skirts....Since then I've dropped the gothic look& no longer understand why I liked what I liked, but that's the way it was.

And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...
maui_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maui_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2006 at 10:03pm

So this thread is old... BUT ... IMO ... It would have to be the EXTRA MINI MICRO (maybe see some coochie Dead ) worn WAY TO LOW on the hips (almost Show'n hair NO ONE should be see'n) cut off denim jeans skirt ! You know the ones with the frayed ends, and strings hanging off?? I was pregos when this look came about so I didn't partake in it not that I would have any way! Maybe it's just here in Hawaii that I see it but EWWW very very honky tonk TRASHY! Sorry not to offend any one! But it's kind of gross!

tanjuska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanjuska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2007 at 4:29am
Originally posted by ISpeaksFacts ISpeaksFacts wrote:

I'm tired of EVERYBODY and their mammy wearing boots w/their pants tucked inside !

oh, yes!
and the worst part is when jeans are not tucked in good, when they sort of come out Shocked
or when woman is 20 pounds too heavy and wearing boots tucked in and too short jacked, showing her huge behind Dead 
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2007 at 1:51am

Well,I'm not 25,but I'm still young and cool enough to comment.Wink

I personally am very sick of the safari look. Everywhere I go it's either dark green or beige safari looking pants that are WRINKLED!  Can we please do away with the wrinkled look already?
xBritxBratx93x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xBritxBratx93x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2007 at 12:05am
I hate the preppy look..it needs to go. I am gothic so I prefer..Amy lee's style for me.

As for the guys...I like tripp pants, band tees, converse, or rock boots [both of these types of footwear for girls + boys], and lots and lots of jelly braclets and spiked bracelets.

skater guys are cool too

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xBritxBratx93x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2007 at 12:05am
I'm not really for the whole "EMO" look either..but eh..if you like it thats cool man.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xBritxBratx93x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2007 at 12:08am
oh and corsets, frilly skirts, etc.

The victorian era..is probably the best era of clothing you could possibly come across.
SilkStrands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilkStrands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2007 at 9:13am
I'm sick of everything looking like it came straight outta the friggin 80s! The off-the-shoulder shirts with tank tops underneath, chunky horizontal stripes, ripped jeans, ratty converse shoes....

OH and those stupid damn cropped jackets... What's the point? Not like it keeps you warm.

As far as hair.... you little emo kids need to get your bangs outta your face. It looks dumb, and gives you pimples. lol
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic