Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTyra on GQ

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ally View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tyra on GQ
    Posted: January 05 2000 at 8:41am
Has anyone seen the new GQ? If that cover doesn't make you want long hair, nothing will!

Ally
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2000 at 8:47am

Haven't seen the picture, but I can guarantee that those are probably the best extensions money can buy. =)
JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Jennifer View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2000 at 8:56am
Haven't seen the picture, but I can guarantee that those are probably the best extensions money can buy. =)JF

I bet you're right! {grin} Also, doesn't she have a rather large forehead? I'm still contemplating extensions myself, but one thing that scares me is that the extensions can recede the hairline prematurely.
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2000 at 10:53am

On 1/5/00 8:56:22 AM, Jennifer wrote:I'm still contemplating extensions myself, but one thing that scares me is that the extensions can recede the hairline prematurely.
Uh, how exactly would they do that?

Ally View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2000 at 12:19pm

She's right, JF. Extensions can put a lot of tension on the hair, especially when they're that long. I had them once. The weight was very noticeable.

The receding hairline problem can also befall ballerinas, who wear their high tightly pulled back all the time, and women with extremely long hair. (I'm not saying it always does; I'm saying it happens.)

Ally
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2000 at 12:34pm

Actually, I thought that was what she was getting at.  However, the reason I asked is because I thought she was referring to something specific involving extensions rather than the additional weight of long hair and it's effects.
In other words, it's not necessarily only a problem resulting from extensions.
JF
Jennifer View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2000 at 1:36pm
I wrote and asked Paula Begoun, author of a few books on skin care and make-up and hair care products about extensions. She said that for a relatively short period of time, damage would probably be minimal, but even with shorter hair, there can be problems with receding hairlines because of how tight the braids are that hold the extensions in place.

Ally -- I have to leave for the afternoon, but if you don't mind, I'd love to send you an e-mail, asking you about your experience with extensions! I haven't ruled them out, but I'm cautiously looking into them.

Jennifer
Ally View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2000 at 3:03pm
Jennifer,

I'll tell you everything I can, but be warned: My experience was several years ago, and it was BAD. I had glue-in extensions, not braids.

I have to be fair and point out that my experience is not representative of everyone's.

Ally
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic