Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Emmys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Emmys
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:23am

The good:

OK, I know the first two are controversial.

(1) I like Keri Russell's new haircut. Now, she did have gorgeous curls before and this is a shock but the more I see it, the more I like it. This look is definitely not for everyone: but with Keri's features (you know she's going to be playing teen roles into her 30s) it works.

(2) Helen Hunt. Long, straight, classic! (Though bangs would be the icing on the cake).

(3) Sela Ward

the I'm not sure:

(1) Calista Flockhart-- looks better than I've seen it recently, but I do think she should cut off 4-6 inches.

The "Not good hair" on otherwise attractive women

(1) Nancy O'Dell-- please, no more fake ponytails

(2) Michelle Williams-- I liked both the hairstyle she first wore on Dawson's Creek and her short cut. But last night's did not look good. Perhaps this is just an awkward transition.

JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:24am

There will be a whole section on this in the next column, but as a quick preview...

Best of the night:
- Julianna Marguilles (doing her best "Catherine Zeta-Jones at the Oscars" impression...not that that's a bad thing AT ALL)
- Kristen Johnson (remember what I said about her new haircut not being as flattering? Scratch that.)

Worst of the night:
- Patricia Heaton (extensions from hell)
- Sarah Michelle Gellar (how hard would it have been to have the fake ponytail match the rest of her hair?)
- Gillian Andersen (not sure if she was dressed to go the show or play an extra in a movie of a Jane Austen novel)

More later,
JF

Related Link:

http://www.hairboutique.com/jerkyflea/jerkyflea.htm" target=_blank>JerkyFlea's Celebrity Hair Spray

3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Kelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:24am

> There will be a whole section on this in the next
> column, but as a quick preview...

> Best of the night:
> - Julianna Marguilles (doing her best "Catherine
> Zeta-Jones at the Oscars" impression...not that
> that's a bad thing AT ALL)
> - Kristen Johnson (remember what I said about her new
> haircut not being as flattering? Scratch that.)

> Worst of the night:
> - Patricia Heaton (extensions from hell)
> - Sarah Michelle Gellar (how hard would it have been
> to have the fake ponytail match the rest of her hair?)
> - Gillian Andersen (not sure if she was dressed to go
> the show or play an extra in a movie of a Jane Austen
> novel)

> More later,
> JF

Oh wow!! I thought the same thing about Sarah Michelle-Gellar's fake ponytail. It was so yellow and fake in color that I thought she got it directly off of a Barbie doll. As for other impressions, I really like Helen Hunt's hair very long & straight, but I keep getting flashbacks to her role as Murray Slaughter's daughter on the Mary Tyler Moore show. Sela Ward looked absolutely gorgeous, but I thought she would've looked much better sans the stringy ponytail. A classic low bun would've looked much better. And last but not least is my take on Jennifer Aniston's dreadlock "do". I guess all in all it looked ok on her, but I like it much better straight and smooth. I guess Brad's scruffy persona might be wearing on her!

The present is the past tomorrow. :)
Callie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Callie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:24am

. And last but not least is my take on Jennifer
> Aniston's dreadlock "do". I guess all in all
> it looked ok on her, but I like it much better
> straight and smooth. I guess Brad's scruffy persona
> might be wearing on her!

I have never seen ANYONE (white) look good with the dreadlock do UNTIL Jennifer Aniston at the Emmy's!!! I thought she and Brad Pitt were attracting more attention than anyone else there. I found myself trying to catch glimpses of them all night -- and I've never been that interested in her before. I loved the part dreadlock, part straight look on her. I've never thought it looked "clean" on anyone else before. Two thumbs up!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic