Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Please Respond: Which celebrity has the greatest need for a hair makeover?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Please Respond: Which celebrity has the greatest need for a hair makeover?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Laurie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laurie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:26am

Dear JF,

Thanks for gracing this thread with your opinion(s). (We're not worthy! We're not worthy!)

Did you realize when you began your comments that you'd be creating a second column this month?

If only these celebs could have access to your opinions, what a beautiful world this would be.

Seriously, thanks for the column(s) and for your forum. You do a great job . . . the best!

Your biggest fan,

Laurie

elsita loyola View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elsita loyola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:26am

> Sheesh Dave lighten up, everyone's just having some
> fun here

i think jewel needs a makeover. shes always with that middle part with that same color and that same hair cut.

david View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:26am

Vanna White

Vanna looked her best when she had her hair cut short. I think she should have it cut short again. Her current hairstyle (if you can call it that) does nothing for her.

Miss Hair View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:26am

The #1 celebrity that needs a makeover is sally jesse raphael (sp?) her hair is a horrible shade of orage/red.. not flattering at all with her skintone!

Laurie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laurie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:26am

Sally Jesse is in great need for a makeover. Has anyone else ever had that color of hair? It looks florescent.

scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:26am

> While watching the new episodes of the television
> season, my husband and I started a debate on our
> favorite topic: hair makeovers. I said that Jennifer
> Aniston is the celeb who has the greatest need for a
> hair makeover. (Why does she want to be a clone of
> Brad's ex-girlfriend?) My husband said that Pamela
> Anderson Lee's style is long-overdue for a makeover.
> We know these stars need makeovers, but we're not
> exactly sure about what they should do.

> Do you have an opinion about these or other celebs?
> Please comment.
I think Brittney Spears should be at the top of the list. her hair is way to long and boring. If she wants to look sexy try somting that frames her face. Danielle Fishel looked good after she cut her hair to the shoulders, but it's getting long and has no style to it, she would look good with a ear lenght wedge cut. Jane Seymour needs a style, it's just long and staight and boring . something around shoulder lenght with lots of layers would look good on her. Mariah Carey needs to update her do, maybe a chin lenght angled bob would look good on her and would be sexy. Jewl needs to cut her hair into a short tight pixie and color her hair a honey blond. Pamela Anderson needs to get rid of her playboy look and grow up, shoulder lenght with layers and short bangs with a honey blond color would be good. Jennifer Love Hewitt would look good if she cut her hair to ear lenght with a buzzed back and a perm with short bangs, although she is beautiful as is and always has been.

scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:26am

> While watching the new episodes of the television
> season, my husband and I started a debate on our
> favorite topic: hair makeovers. I said that Jennifer
> Aniston is the celeb who has the greatest need for a
> hair makeover. (Why does she want to be a clone of
> Brad's ex-girlfriend?) My husband said that Pamela
> Anderson Lee's style is long-overdue for a makeover.
> We know these stars need makeovers, but we're not
> exactly sure about what they should do.

> Do you have an opinion about these or other celebs?
> Please comment.
The top of the list should be Brittney Spears, her hair is way to long, and the color is wrong for her if she wants to keep it some what long she should cut it to shoulder lenght and get lots of short layers framing her face and cut her bangs short, straight across the middle of the forehead, and color her hair a honey brown. But she would look very pretty if she cut it into a 1/2 inch long pixie with the back cut straight across the bottom of the ears and sides above the ears. Next should be Jane Seymour, her hair is to long. She should cut it to shoulder lenght and layer it. Next is Danielle Fishel, She looked great when she cut her hair to shoulder lenght, she would look even better if she cut it into a ear lenght angeled bob. Mariah Carey would look good if she cut her hair into a ear lenght angeled bob with a buzzed back. Jennifer Love Hewitt would look good if she cut her hair to a ear lenght angeled bob with a buzzed back and a perm with short bangs. Although she is beautyful as is and always has been. And Portia De Rossi has way to long of hair that's not doing any thing for her. She would look so much prettier if she cut her hair into a nice cropped cut with long bangs a short back and long sides.

Carolyn B View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolyn B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:26am

Scott, first off I will say that I think everyone is entitled to their opinion but I have to ask you just what kind of wacky weed have you been smoking? It seems like you would like to see all the women stars chop off their hair. I think you need to go to haircut.net. All they do on that site is take long beautiful hair on some great looking women and chop off most or all of their hair. A sickening site IMO and a couple of visits there were enough to make me sick, but enough of that.

Do you have something against women with long hair or are you just one of those guys who prefers short hair? It seems to me that there would be some long haired stars that you think look good the way they are but from your comments it looks to me like you just want all of them to massacre their hair. Portia needs a cropped cut? I don't think so! I think you are going to be disappointed. I read an interview with Portia and she said she likes her hair long and hated it when she cut it short once. Sorry but I can't see that buzzing and cropping any of these women would make even one look better. IMO long healthy hair just enhances a woman's appearance. It elevates them above the ordinary and makes them look
extra special. Like I said before you are entitled to your opinion.

longhair4ever,

Carolyn B

Paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:26am

Hey Carolyn, imo haircut.net is a great site. If you love long hair so much, maybe you should visit the long hair site, where all they do is promote women who are trying to hang on to their youth, and who are too chicken to try something new, when they are in desperate need of a major change. That's just my opinion. It is pathetic when someone with super long hair hangs onto it for years just because they are afraid. A short cut is so refreshing after years of too long hair. More people should try it. We are heading into the new millenium, I think all these stars that had long hair when the 90's started should be first in line at the nearest salon. This includes Crystal Gayle, and Jane Seymour, even if JF doesn't agree with me. Again this is just my opinion, and I'm not afraid to read the hate mail that this will generate.

Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:26am

>into the new millenium, I think all these
> stars that had long hair when the 90's started should
> be first in line at the nearest salon. This includes
> Crystal Gayle, and Jane Seymour, even if JF doesn't
> agree with me. Again this is just my opinion, and I'm
> not afraid to read the hate mail that this will
> generate.

No hatemail Paul from me, this is to both you and Carylon. I guess I fall into the "whatever befits the person" category. I can agree that there are extremes in people's tastes. Crystal Gayle to me looks silly. Hip length hair is all the longer I think any person should go.
Keri Russels' new 'do isn't horrible (from what I've seen in pictures)but it IS ordinary looking. I think that an ordinary look can range from a plain-looking short haircut
to parted in the middle '70's looking long straight hair that has no "Oomph". That's not always the case in each example, however. There's a woman who appears on "As the World Turns" who plays "Emily" who has what might appear to be a plain short cut if it was just shown on a faceless mannequin head, but on the right features it looks great, as it does on this actress. Some people, such as Native Americans, can carry off the parted in the middle look great, too.

What I'm saying is that I don't think there are any definites when it comes to hair. I can agree with Carolyn that it IS sickening to see hair being chopped off just for the sake of chopping it off-not really to make a better looking person. I can also agree with Paul, that there are people who could use a different style, and are afraid to give up the same look and want to grow their hair to "what I think is)silly lengths (any length past the hips, IMHO). Even if they kept their hair long, but just gave it a different "look"-that might be worthwhile, in some cases that I see. I have to say that I don't think Jane Seymore's should be cut. That's a no no. Neither should Portia De Rossi's.

I've got to say though that I see the humour Scott is trying for and I think it's been missed out on some people here. For crying out loud, don't take what he said seriously. O.K., maybe he is smoking wacky weed, but I myself first thought that obviously it's somebody trying to get to some people in a humorous way.

Holly

Carolyn B View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolyn B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:26am

Hi Holly! I think you made the point better than I did. I was trying to be humourous too by asking Scott if he had been doing the wacky weed. The site I mentioned seems to take great pleasure and delight in shearing off all the hair they can. I know these women must be agreeable to the haircuts but the whole attitude seems to me to be cut it all off no matter what. I went back this am. and looked again. IMO many of those women would have looked better if left with more hair but some did look good. It really depends on the woman, her face, hair type and personality. I agree Keri Russell is a beauty no matter what but I think her long hair made it extra special. I also think Josie Bisset looks much better with short hair and Meg Ryan looks great no what she does. But I think Julia Roberts looks best in long hair. I haven't liked one short style on her whether it was a wig or her own hair. In my post I thought I was making it clear that I was expressing my own opinions and just saying that I disagree. It's hard to write that sometimes. For myself, I definitly prefer long hair. I KNOW I look like crap in short hair. And I do enjoy several long hair sites. I believe I am in one right now. I hope I haven't offended you Scott or Paul but I thought I was just expressing my opinions on some star hair do's. Holly, I agree that Crystal Gayle's hair needs a trim but it is also part of her stage persona. I think it would drive me nuts. I think hip length is about as long as I would go and I probably couldn't grow my hair longer than that anyways.

ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:26am

As I jump into the fray once again, many people take hair WAY too seriously. Look at Keri Russell for instance. I think it's great that she would take a chance and change her defining characteristic. If you only liked Keri Russell for her hair, then you really don't like her. The same for any woman who cuts their hair. Change is interesting. Some is good, some not so good, but it is all interesting.

BTW, suggesting that TV and Movie stars buzz their hair, or get a pixie, or get a bob with a buzz back is STUPID. How often do we see stars get a haircut like that? Whenever we do, it us 99.9% of the time for a role, and that 0.1% of the time it isn't, the cut is usually a short, but not too short cut, not buzzed. I must agree, if you want to talk about celebrities who should buzz their hair, go somewhere else. That is not appropriate here.

Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:26am

Hi Carolyn,

>I was trying to be humourous too by asking Scott
> if he had been doing the wacky weed.

Yeah, I see you got it but some people seem to take these posts seriously, and the humor is missed-or at least if the poster is trying to get people going, it works. I guess
I get amazed by how often people just don't get it. "Smile".

> In my post I thought I was making it clear that
> I was expressing my own opinions and just saying that
> I disagree.

Yep, that's the way I read it-hope my post didn't seem otherwise!

>and I do enjoy several long
> hair sites. I believe I am in one right now.

That's funny! Seriously, though, I can see where people could make that mistake easy.

> Holly, I agree that Crystal Gayle's hair needs a trim
> but it is also part of her stage persona. I think it
> would drive me nuts. I think hip length is about as
> long as I would go and I probably couldn't grow my
> hair longer than that anyways.

I agree, it's her stage persona, but still, it looks a little bit ridiculous (to me). I think she could get along without it, and still popular with her fans.

Holly

Carolyn B View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered

Hi Holly!

I think Crystal Gayle would look really nice if she trimmed her hair to mid thigh or even knee length. She would get rid of all those thin split ends and still have ultra long hair. I would not enjoy my hair if it was that long. I covet Portia de Rossi's hair. That is just so beautiful. She does some wonderful things with it. From the interviews I have read with her and seen on tv I think she sounds like a very nice person and not at all stuck on herself. She seemed very refreshing for her profession. That smile and the sparkle in her eyes comes from within, no matter what her hair looks like.

Keith Shepard View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Shepard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:27am

I know there are a lot of replys on this but i must state my opinion as well. I LOVE girls with long hair. They rule! They are beautiful. But that doesn't mean that i never occasionally see a girl with short hair and like it. There should be no limit on how long a girl's hair should grow, whatever looks good on them looks good on them. Portia De Rossi has the most gorgeous hair, i've ever seen!!!! I love to watch her let her hair down, i hope that on Ally Macbeal she does it again, so i can tape it and watch it in superslow motion. Crystal Gayle's trademark is her ankle lenght hair, spilt ends or no split ends. And despite what most of you think about Alanis Morissette's hair, it is magnificent! Sure it can be greasy at times, but when its not, its gorgeous! Meg Ryan, Natalie Imbruglia, and some other celebs look good with short hair though. My general message is no one should want a style to be superior over all styles. Even back when I never liked short hair on ANY girl in general, i never wanted every girl in the world to have long hair, because it would actually lessen the beauty of long hair if you fellow long hair lovers think about it. The opposite applies to short hair fans. My general message about celebrity hair is that these girls gotta stop making so many drastic changes! The problem with cutting several inches or even feet off of hair, is if you decide you don't like it, it takes forever to grow back. And there is a chance that once it does grow back it will never be as healthy as it previously was. These people should change their hair slightly, and see how they like it, and then if they still want to change, change it slightly again, and repeat until they are satisfied.
Long Hair rules!

Peace out,
Keith

ss View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:27am

> I read an interview with Portia
> and she said she likes her hair long and hated it when
> she cut it short once.

> longhair4ever,

> Carolyn B

Carolyn B can you tell me where you read that artical I would like to see it and any pictures of portia with short hair. Thank you.

Carolyn B View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolyn B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:27am

I think it was in a celebrity hairstyle magazine, I can't find the magazine and I can't remember which one. I just rememeber that she said she had had her hair cut short and hated it. There wasn't a picture of it. If she hated it so much I don't think she would have volunteered a picture. I would like to see what she looked like too with short hair. But I can't imagine anything being more gorgeous than her long hair. She has the prettiest updo's on ALLY.

Carolyn B

ss View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:27am

> I think it was in a celebrity hairstyle magazine, I
> can't find the magazine and I can't remember which
> one. I just rememeber that she said she had had her
> hair cut short and hated it. There wasn't a picture of
> it. If she hated it so much I don't think she would
> have volunteered a picture. I would like to see what
> she looked like too with short hair. But I can't
> imagine anything being more gorgeous than her long
> hair. She has the prettiest updo's on ALLY.

> Carolyn B

THANK YOU CAROLYN. If I find any pictures I will let you know. SS

jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:27am

> Scott, first off I will say that I think everyone is
> entitled to their opinion but I have to ask you just
> what kind of wacky weed have you been smoking? It
> seems like you would like to see all the women stars
> chop off their hair. I think you need to go to
> haircut.net. All they do on that site is take long
> beautiful hair on some great looking women and chop
> off most or all of their hair. A sickening site IMO
> and a couple of visits there were enough to make me
> sick, but enough of that.

> Do you have something against women with long hair or
> are you just one of those guys who prefers short hair?
> It seems to me that there would be some long haired
> stars that you think look good the way they are but
> from your comments it looks to me like you just want
> all of them to massacre their hair. Portia needs a
> cropped cut? I don't think so! I think you are going
> to be disappointed. I read an interview with Portia
> and she said she likes her hair long and hated it when
> she cut it short once. Sorry but I can't see that
> buzzing and cropping any of these women would make
> even one look better. IMO long healthy hair just
> enhances a woman's appearance. It elevates them above
> the ordinary and makes them look
> extra special. Like I said before you are entitled to
> your opinion.

> longhair4ever,

> Carolyn B

i agree Carolyn B

jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 1:27am

> No doubt, Angela Watson from thwe hit sitcom
> "Step by Step" looks great with long hair,
> she would also look good with an Ultra High N'Tight
> Pixie cut. She is so cute, and with her witty
> personality I could just see her getting excited over
> a major haircut. That's just my opinion.

i agree she is exy but love her with the long hair suits her.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic