Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sports Night Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sports Night Hair
    Posted: March 03 2000 at 8:47am
NOTE: My apologies for accidentally posting this on Hair Politics.

JF,

Just curious: What do you think of Dana's new length? I think it takes years off her.

I'd also like to see Sabrina Lloyd grow out that non-style she has into a longer, one-length cut.

Why does Josh Charles's nose look so much smaller when he combs his hair /off/ his forehead?

By the way, the rest of you /do/ watch Sports Night on Tuesdays at 9:30 p.m. on ABC, right? It's only the best show on television, with the best writing and the best acting. But it's in danger of being cancelled, because people aren't catching on....

Ally
administrater View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2000 at 9:10am

=========

On 3/3/00 8:47:57 AM, Ally wrote:

By the way, the rest of you /do/ watch Sports Night on Tuesdays at 9:30 p.m. on ABC, right? It's only the best show on television, with the best writing and the best acting. But it's in danger of being cancelled, because people aren't catching on....

Ally,

I agree Sports Night is the best show on TV. Unfortunately for most people its a show that requires concentration to watch. Its not mindless humor. But if you take the time to watch it and pay attention its a fantastic show. It reminds me a lot of M.A.S.H in that it comes at you in several levels.

Jeff.

JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2000 at 11:42am

As long as we're off topic, I'll toss in that I love this show as well.  It frustrates me no end that "The West Wing" (also a great show and also written by Adam Sorkin) is a hit and "SportsNight" isn't.  I think the problem is getting folks to watch it in the first place, since everyone I know that HAS watched it really likes it.  Just not many have taken the time to check it out.  Plus, ABC, still doesn't know how to promote it. 

As for the hair, I love Dana's hair and hate Natalie's.  Natalie has fine hair that just won't work in the longish, flyaway styles she keeps wearing it in.  Looked better shorter when she was on "Sliders".

JF

3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Ally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2000 at 12:11pm

I agree! The dialog is so brilliant and comes at you so fast that if anyone in the living room talks, you have to yank their shirt up over their face and secure it with barbed wire. If I send you an address, Jeff, will you join me in my letter-writing campaign to Stu Blumberg?

And thank you for supporting me in my flagrant abuse of JF's board.

Ally
kimberrly View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimberrly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2000 at 7:14pm
I am a huge fan of Sportsnight, definitely one of the better shows on TV. The downfall is the stupid 8:30pm(Central) timeslot on Tuesday. Tough luck there.

Dana looks fantastic this season - I like the extra length. It really makes her look younger. She's a very pretty woman.

Natalie DEFINITELY needs a new style. Oh, wait, no... she'd need a style now in order to get a NEW style. Eek. She's a cute girl, I think they could really make her look a lot better. Mind you, that could be purposeful... I used to work in TV sports, and most of the women were more like one-of-the-guys. So, not a lot of style points going on there.

As for the guys... everyone is basically fine, I think. Gotta love Josh Charles.

-kim
kimberrly View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimberrly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2000 at 7:22pm
I'd like to join the campaign too! Please pass the address on!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic