Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"Dallas" hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Dallas" hair
    Posted: June 25 2001 at 6:13pm
The messages about Linda Gray (Sue Ellen Ewing of Dallas) led to a great site containing a huge selection of Dallas photos. The best hair from that era? In my humble opinion:

1. Lucy (Charlene Tilton; did you expect me to pick someone else?
2. Sue Ellen (when her hair was at its longest)
3. Jenna (Priscilla Presley)

jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2001 at 6:41pm
Reply to message: 3.5694.1
I`m surprised, Gord. Have you forgotten Mary Crosby`s (Kristin`s) hair? Wavy, light brown hair that fell to her waist.
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2001 at 9:09am
Reply to message: 3.5695.1
quote:

jimbo originally wrote:
Reply to message: 3.5694.1
I'm surprised, Gord. Have you forgotten Mary Crosby's (Kristin's) hair? Wavy, light brown hair that fell to her waist.

Nuts. Not only did I sin by forgetting Mary Crosby, but I left out Deborah Shelton. I`m sure there will be more. My revised top five:

1. Charlene Tilton (she was there so long)
2. Mary Crosby
3. Deborah Shelton
4. Linda Gray (at its longest)
5. Priscilla Presley

Carry on.
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2001 at 9:42am
Reply to message: 3.5700.1
Two more you forgot, though one may have been intentional:

- Morgan Brittany, in they heyday of her big, brunette hair.

- Kimberly Foster, whose short `do caused a minor hairstyle craze of its own (see the link if you forgot what she looked like).

As usual,
JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2001 at 1:33pm
Reply to message: 3.5701.1
quote:

JerkyFlea originally wrote:
Reply to message: 3.5700.1
Two more you forgot, though one may have been intentional:

- Morgan Brittany, in they heyday of her big, brunette hair.

- Kimberly Foster, whose short 'do caused a minor hairstyle craze of its own (see the link if you forgot what she looked like).

As usual,
JF

I did forget Morgan, but would not have included her in my top 10, much less top 5. I saw Kim Foster in the pix offered on the Dallas site. She would have to be six or seven, maybe behind the character Callie, JR`s young wife near the end of the show.
Ingo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2001 at 3:16pm
Reply to message: 3.5702.1
I agree with most of those choices for best hair on `DALLAS` but there are a few who i think do not deserve to be there as well as a few who should be there. Firstly Kimberly Foster definately not. that bowlcut style is awful although i suspect that because i hated her character i am biased in those thoughts. Also Morgan Brittany had good hair - sometimes. Most of the time it looked dry and frizzy much like Audrey Landers (Afton Cooper) - didn`t they ever hear of VO5????

Also I think that Victoria Principal had and still has great hair. It looked particularly good at the very beginning - below shoulder length layers that were dark brown and full as well as her reddish brown shag from the early 80`s and the shoulder length bob she had at the end of the dream season. ( It still amazes me how in the space of `one night` her hair went from a short helmet bob to a lovely shoulder length one- that musta been one helluva dream)

Also there was Susan Howard (Donna Culver Krebbs) who had good hair particularly when worn long and also when worn in a wavy midlength bi-level cut.

And not forgetting the one and only Barbara Bel Geddes ( Miss Ellie) who although her short layered bob type style never changed much save for some extra layering here and there - had great hair particulalrly considering her character`s age. (Except of course when she changed heads and became Donna Reed with big pouffy hair)

However I think if i had to choose a favourite it would either be Charlene Tilton or Victoria Principal pre-poodle perm and pre mall hair
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2001 at 4:15pm
I guess when I think of Victoria Principal, I think of those little sideburns she often had, or whatever they`re called.

Speaking of women with great hair, is Karen Shelton related to Deborah Shelton?
JES View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2001 at 10:32pm
Reply to message: 3.5704.1
Amazing how different people see things. I thought Kimberly Foster`s hair was fantastic. Since I was born and raised in Dallas - my opinion counts more!! (J/K) I was only about 5 miles from Southfork (though I never went in)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic