Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GG awards

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ace1308 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ace1308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GG awards
    Posted: January 21 2002 at 12:17am
just finished watching the show.

Did not see anything earthshaking. However a couple of people caught my eye.

1. Reese Witherspoon not sure if I like it or not. She is a knock with long hair but is not bad with her present style.

2. Nicole Kidman - you would think with all the fuss she gets she would have at least had a style. It just hung there not a part or anything. I thnik she is great looking but she looked like she was waiting for the hair stylest.

3. Annette Benning - first time I have seen her with some lentgh and she looked great. It only goes to show that some women can wear anystyle and look great.

4. Cameron Diaz - not sure if I like the curley look but she looks great in most anything.

5. Sela Ward - noticed she is letting her hair grow again. Damn ! another one that looks great in anystyle.

ACE
ACE
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2002 at 12:53am
I second your Golden Globes emotions across the board, with one exception: Reese`s new do does nothing for me. Other comments:

1. Sissy Spacek -- I really like Sissy`s ability to carry off longer hair, keeping it tied back loosely behind her head. I think she has great hair. Drove me crazy (in an angry way) that she was shown smoking in promotional photos for that movie she`s in.

2. Heather Locklear - My comment on Heather is similar to yours on Cameron. I prefer her hair straight.

3. Sarah Jessica Parker - Sorry, I still haven`t forgiven her for hacking off her hair. Can someone explain her style this evening?

4. Rita Wilson - Mrs. Hanks` hairstyle hasn`t changed much over the years, but she generally looks very nice.

5. Andie McDowell - Love her hair straight. Love her attire showing off her curves.

6. Kate Hudson - Great hair night.

7. Jennifer Connelly - Looked stunning with her hair up, but left me longing for it to be down.

8. Judy Davis - Nice bangs, he said, sarcastically.

9 and 10. Denise Richards and Debra Messing - two great heads of hair, even tied back.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2002 at 1:08am
So what was up with Jennifer- Mrs. Brad Pitt? Brad`s hair looked OK although kind of too full and fluffy but his wife had her hair pulled back and some hair clippy thing holding it in the back. I was surprised since she seems to like to show off her hair.

I think Sara Jessica Parker should have left the cutesy black bow thingy out of her super chop. It seemed to make the hair look lopsided or something. And was she wearing a dress or dress/pants? Hard to say since she spend so much time hiking it up.

And yes Judy Davis....maybe she was possessed by the spirit of Judy Garland who had perpetually bad hair. :-)

I thought Halle Berry looked great with her short slightly curled style. Brings out her eyes. Jada -Mrs. Will Smith - also looked great in a stylist coif.

It also looked like soft waves and curls are in but UGH what was up with the do on The Matrix Star - Carrie Ann Moss? The waves looked like they were plastic and made her nose and chin look too pointy, IMO.

Kate Winslett looked pretty good although I liked her in longer hair from past looks.

Overall...great hair watching even though some of the dos were really bad, some were stunning.

I agree that Kate Hudson looked stunning, Jennifer Connelly was gorgeous & Sissy looked good. I did notice that Debra Messing seemed to have some wild pieces of hair sticking out the back. Did anyone catch that?

Best wishes,
Karen

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Waggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2002 at 3:59pm
I`m wondering if Sarah Jessica Parker cut her hair or just took out the hair extensions. I swear you just can`t tell anymore unless you are right there.

Judy Davis - yuk

Love Sissy Spacek

Have to admit I like Andi McDowell curly but as it`s just a style rather than a cut, no biggy

Person I would most like to look like - Denise Richards, sob, I better get over that one quick and start coveting the Sissy S. look.

Didn`t have on my glasses during most of this so I`ll shut up now...g

Be yourself - unless you suck...wags
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2002 at 7:48am
Since no style was that outstanding, I did have some just random thoughts...

- Portia Di Rossi: Was it me or did she look oddly frightening? Not sure if it was the nearly Bride of Frankenstein height updo or what.

- Angelina Jolie: What the hell was with those eyebrows? They looked like they were drawn on with a felt tip marker and ended just short of the middle of the bridge of her nose. Did she not pass a mirror?

- Heather Locklear: World`s Oldest Britney Spears Impersonator.

- Sarah Jessica Parker: Is there a way to style this cut that it even looks remotely flattering? Plus, I believe Sarah has forgotten that she has pretty eyes and a great body, but a fairly large nose and a pointy chin. In other words, her lovely curls helped balance her overall look out and taking those away doesn`t really do her any favors. =)

- Cameron Diaz: Just woke up and rushed to the awards, stopping at a consignment thrift shop on the way to get dressed. At least, that`s what it looked like.

At least Jennifer Connelly, Debra Messing, Rita Wilson, Andie MacDowell ("Rosie Hartzog" to her friends...and you think I`m kidding), Denise Richards, Kate Hudson, and Halle Berry looked good.

JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2002 at 10:02pm
Hey JF,

Well I saw Angelina`s eyebrows but was distracted by her hubby`s beret. So what`s up with that? The weird thing was that he was not the only guy at the awards with a beret. Do the stars all call each other up and say...hey..Billy Bob`s wearing a beret so lets get with the program?

The other sad thing is that Ron Howard really should have been wearing a hat of some kind because his hair in the back looked frightful. He is a great director but definitely needs some hair direction. Maybe he should just shave it all, he would look much better.

Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2002 at 7:55am
Well, Billy Bob and Ron have the same hairline, so both probably needed hats. Billy Bob should have gone with something cool like a fedora as opposed to looking like one of the Griswolds in Paris (a "European Vacation" reference for those of you keeping score at home). And Ron usually wears hats on non-formal (informal? dis-formal?) occasions, but goes au natural for the awards. I guess he`s comfortable with what he has, but you`re right in that something like Anthony Edwards does would work better.

JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
AggiePam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AggiePam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2002 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by JerkyFlea JerkyFlea wrote:

Since no style was that outstanding, I did have some just random thoughts...

- Portia Di Rossi: Was it me or did she look oddly frightening? Not sure if it was the nearly Bride of Frankenstein height updo or what.

- Angelina Jolie: What the hell was with those eyebrows? They looked like they were drawn on with a felt tip marker and ended just short of the middle of the bridge of her nose. Did she not pass a mirror?

- Heather Locklear: World's Oldest Britney Spears Impersonator.

- Sarah Jessica Parker: Is there a way to style this cut that it even looks remotely flattering? Plus, I believe Sarah has forgotten that she has pretty eyes and a great body, but a fairly large nose and a pointy chin. In other words, her lovely curls helped balance her overall look out and taking those away doesn't really do her any favors. =)

- Cameron Diaz: Just woke up and rushed to the awards, stopping at a consignment thrift shop on the way to get dressed. At least, that's what it looked like.

At least Jennifer Connelly, Debra Messing, Rita Wilson, Andie MacDowell ("Rosie Hartzog" to her friends...and you think I'm kidding), Denise Richards, Kate Hudson, and Halle Berry looked good.

JF

I agree with you on Angelina`s eyebrows!
They were too dark for her. In fact, she hasn`t looked good in a long time. The odd thing is, she has all the necessary features to be quite beautiful. But, she always, always screws it up somehow. The hair the wrong color, the makeup too dark, the makeup too light, etc. etc. The last time I saw her where she actually tried to look good was when she won that award for GIA. Since then, downhill. IMHO!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic