Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

mary nightingale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ukjim View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mary nightingale
    Posted: August 22 2002 at 5:39pm
OK, you Yanks have had more than enough time discussing the hair trends of your various news presenters. Now it`s our turn, and today`s subject is ITV`s lovely Mary Nightingale. Mary looked picture perfect in a short style about 6 months ago, but recently it has been growing out into what could best be described as some kind of shag/flip. It looks okay but dwarfs her a bit - I think she should go back to short styles.
Would any of my compatriots care to comment on Miss Nightingale or any of your other favourite presenters?
Robocop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robocop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2002 at 6:02pm
Katie Derham is looking better recently but Andrea Catherwood`s is too long.
Tango2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tango2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2002 at 9:28am
I agree about Mary`s style - it suited her features far more when it was shorter, although one of my other favourite newsreaders (Mary`s replacement in fact, on the London regional programme some time ago) is Natasha Kaplinski, who looks amazing with her short cut. She now works for Sky news.

Pics of both Mary and Natasha can be found at: http://www.simplewebsuk.co.uk/ukdf/index.htm

For some reason, although Mary is primarily a newscaster, her pics are under the "Travel Presenters" category. She looks stunning nonetheless!
Tango2000
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2002 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Tango2000 Tango2000 wrote:

I agree about Mary's style - it suited her features far more when it was shorter, although one of my other favourite newsreaders (Mary's replacement in fact, on the London regional programme some time ago) is Natasha Kaplinski, who looks amazing with her short cut. She now works for Sky news.

Pics of both Mary and Natasha can be found at: http://www.simplewebsuk.co.uk/ukdf/index.htm

For some reason, although Mary is primarily a newscaster, her pics are under the "Travel Presenters" category. She looks stunning nonetheless!

Tango... thanks for a great site! I think Mary looks nice with the longer look... imo
ukjim View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2002 at 7:37pm
Great post Tango2000 - I`d totally forgotten about the Sky presenters in this terrestrial wasteland I`ve been living in. Natasha Kaplinsky is definitely very gorgeous. Unfortunately the last time I saw her she seemed to have let her hair grow a bit from the style she sported when she started at Sky. Did you see it when Fiona McDiarmid chopped all her hair off into an extreme crop last year? It was a dramatic moment in any UK TV presenter hair watcher`s life. I could go on on this topic for days... Anna Botting, Kay Burley, Jo Wheeler (if she is still on any more)... I have so much catching up to do!
Tango2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tango2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2002 at 11:04am
Glad you enjoyed the link, but sad news concerning Fiona McDiarmid. I hadn`t actually heard of her before (not being a Sky subscriber) but when I did a search for her it transpired that she died of cancer sometime last year - therefore explaining the radical change in her appearance, due to the chemo etc. Just thought I should mention that!
Tango2000
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic