Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A little game - Nicole K. - the oscars predictions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A little game - Nicole K. - the oscars predictions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
letmeaskyousomething View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote letmeaskyousomething Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A little game - Nicole K. - the oscars predictions
    Posted: March 21 2003 at 10:06am
The Oscars night is at our door... We have all seen Nicole Kidman "pulling our noses" with her "hair behaviour" during the last year or so. First she said that she will cut her hair short, long time ago. We have read many reactions here on this board, but the haircut didn't happen. Then, when everyone forgot that, she appeared with than "curly bob" and suprised us a bit. Than se appeared with a bit longer styles, and then suddenly "BOOM" - the 3? response thread, for a "haircut" that didn't happen. Was it just for the role? Somebody stated that maybe she is preparing us for something drastic. During the oscars, she will have "all the eyes of the world" looking her (because I predict she will win it). Here is a little game. You just have to answer :

1. In your opinion, what are the odds that she will cut her hair very short for that night?
2. Whould you like her to do that?
3. How will she wear her hair that night?

My answers :

1. 1:4 (20% that she will)
2. Yes I would. She looked kind of cute in first of those "wigy" pictures. The other pictures were just too obvious, particularly the ones we have seen later. I didn't like them, but that doesn't prove anything because it is not the way she would look if she cut her hair. I am a big change supporter, and so I would like to see her hair short.
3. I guess it will be something we have already seen. Choosing between ton of curls and a bun, a choose ton of curls.

Be fast with your votes, the day is coming... Let us see, which one of you is the great "hair prediction guru".
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2003 at 10:12am
She won't go any shorter than she has it. It'll either be down and curly or straight and up (how's that for going out on a limb?). I actually think it'll be down and curly since there is now a "dress-down" movement to an extent.

And she shouldn't go any shorter IRL. Love her curly bob, but the crop she is wearing in her movie just isn't flattering.

JF

P.S. And, uh, 1:4 is 25%.
letmeaskyousomething View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote letmeaskyousomething Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2003 at 10:37am
Mathematics :

1:4=?

Well, it depends how do you understand this expression. If you see this as 1 divided by 4 than it is 0.25=25%. But if you read this :
1 ball in first bin
4 balls in the second bin,
then there are 5 balls, so each ball is 1/5=0.2=20%.

It all relative, and of the subject.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2003 at 11:59am
Did you ever hear the story about when the CEO asked his accountant what is 2 + 2? The Accountant answered "What do you want it to be!"

As for Nicole, I think that there is one chance in twenty (1/20 = 5%) that she will cut her hair any shorter.

I personally don't want her to go any shorter as I don't think it would look good on her.
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2003 at 12:12pm
I would say an ice chunk's chance in hell as far as shorter and would love to see her back to the wicked red, poker straight look of Practical Magic.
She has been the washed out strawberry blond for so long, I think it would be a nice return.

jacqui
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic