Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Talking Heads

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ace1308 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ace1308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Talking Heads
    Posted: May 28 2003 at 10:04am
A few comments on "Talking Heads". These are my thoughts on the following list of talking heads. Would like to see other comments.

Robin Meade - One day she was very curly but did not look "right" back to original style looks great.

Carol Costello - Great look color seems a little overprocessed, but still great on her.

Heidi ? Great look an a red head to boot.

Katie C _ best thing she ever done waqs going longer and blonde.

Ann Currie - Think she should be a little shorter. Justr doesn't have "style"

Kathleen Kennedy - Great look I remember her hair a lot longer and she kept it up all the time.

Rosemary Church - Great look longer is better for her sure wish ahe was on CNN here in the US.

Daryn Kagen - She has grown her hair out a lot since she left sports. Looks good on her.

Kyra Philips - Great look

Greta Van Susteren - Remeber when she had hair to her waist. Then she got it cut and got some cosmetic stuff done. Her look has improved over the years.

Hala Gorani - Great look

Christiane Amapour - Not a "Starlett" look but exzudes confidedance and is very good. Hair is ok on her, but the thing with her is the intellegence that seems to be there.

E D Hill (Donehay) - Good look but really seems to lacking something, not really sure what.

Maria Bartiamo - Letting her hair grow out. Not sure if I like it or not.

Laurie Dhue - Super looking blonde. Yes I like

A note of interest CNN in the US seems to have to many men on. I just retruned after many years in the Mid-east and was watching CNN International they have some great "Talking Heads" on. Seems like more male than females.

Jenny Harrison -Weather very long blonde hair
Monita Rajpal - Anchor Great long black hair.

Well have fun and remeber its only my thoughts

ACE
Ononotdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ononotdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2003 at 4:48pm
It's about time time somebody acknowledged (sp?) the singularly sexy Daryn Kagan. Man, she's got "it" whatever "it" is and I'm not sure what "it" that "it" is but it's there and there's no denying it. Sho nuff pax my lunch, dat's right! Huh?
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2003 at 9:01pm
I dunno.... I never thought David Byrne's hair to be anything special...
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2003 at 10:09am
OK, I will throw my 2 cents worth.

Carol Costello - I like the lighter color - though I think she needs the rest shaped up.
Daryn Kagan - I think it is getting too long but better than real short.
Linda Stouffer - now on maternity leave but always liked her hair (and every thing else).
E.D. Hill - Awful - wish she would go back on maternity leave. Very outdated. Never saw what the fuss over her was in the first place.
Juliet Huddy - let her bob get too long - needs to go back to chin length.
Kyra Phillips - Not bad. Thought her hair looked a little better when it was slightly longer.
Heidi Collins = HOT. Was even better with the lighter red color.

JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2003 at 12:03pm
Just a few...

Maria Bartialomo - Excellent example of great hair that is COMPLETELY wrong for the person. Does nothing for her big eyes and petite features. Short cut was oh so much more flattering

Elizabeth Vargas - Grown out to her shoulders with very long layers. Not sure how I feel about it, since I was surprised it had grown that much while she was off having the baby. I actually think it would look great if she let it go curly like it would naturally if she didn't straighten it. Straight makes it look sorta blah. Kinda like Kim Delaney, who's cuts can look great curly, but kinda plain straight.

Renee Syler (The Early Show) - Like the natural curls. Differentiates her from all the other women in the morning.

Ann Curry - I know it's usually on the ragged edge of control and looks a bit too long, but I love it. I have a thing for overgrown short styles or messy styles that are just wrangled into a "regular" style and that's what she has. Keep it long and let it fall where it may, Ann.

JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
c View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2003 at 8:11am
My .02

Robin Meade is beautiful either way, but I loved her curly style. I hope we see it again some day...
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2003 at 7:47pm
JF, we have common thoughts on Ann Curry. I adore her since she started growing her hair out. I think it gave her more personality and really suits her, especially with her beautiful voice. She looks like a totally different person than she did with short hair. But in recent months, did she go to a more layered look in the back? It looks thinner than it did earlier in the year.
ace1308 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ace1308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2003 at 7:40am
JF,
Thx for replying to my post. I like others long for your rapier wit and wisdom on subject of hair. However that being said I understand the time it takes to put together all the comments like you used to do. And alas time marching on with other projects.

Again thx

ACE
justme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2003 at 10:45am
I could not agree more with any on M Bartiromo. She is wearing her hair up a lot lately which could be a sign that she is sick of all her hair, which I think most people would agree.

D Kagen, I agree it has gotten to long. Real short was not bad on her either.......I think the tucked thing just got boring

I agree that Kyra Phillips looked good longer and fuller. She either has to grow out a little or go real short and get rid of the annoying little flip in back

Any one notice Patti Anne Brown of Fox is inching shorter and shorter I don't think she likes her hair longer I think it is a fox thing
chillout7655 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chillout7655 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2004 at 3:45pm
Patti Ann Brown has cut her hair- which seems to fit her annual cycle of growing it out to the shoulders then cutting it shorter than chin length...what does everyone think?

http://www.kapturedforyou.com/pab/pab.html
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2004 at 3:43pm
I think PAB's hair is better. I don't think it is great. I think there is a better style for her somewhere but she just continues to do the same thing -grow it long, cut it to chin, wash ... repeat
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2004 at 4:42pm
I like her hair at or just below her shoulders!
chillout7655 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chillout7655 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2009 at 4:42pm
Reviving a cold one, but there has been a flurry of anchorwomen activity the past month- Contessa Brewer, Martha Maccallum, Kelly O'Donnell, and now Kyra Phillips.....who do we think is next??
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2009 at 8:20pm
Kyra seems to have chopped a couple of inches so it's just off or skimming her shoulders now.

Her style is odd to me. It never looks the same two days in a row, and even when she gets it cut, always looks somehow overgrown and not quite hanging together right, as if she's in need of a cut. Sometimes it seems the color changes daily from dark red to orange-ish, though I guess that must be my TV.

The bummer for me is that I think she had one of the best "flip" styles on TV a few years back, when it was about chin length, more layered, and flipped out around the sides and back. Really just suited her perfectly, and more of a definite, consistent style.

I understand the need to change styles periodically, but I haven't seen her try anything since that for me looks as good as that did.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2009 at 11:56pm
I wanted to point out another direction here. I can't remember another time when there has been so many newsbabes with extensions. And don't get me wrong: I love long hair, even if it's all fake.

Note that some of the photos I used here are from gogomags and they could disappear when gogomags puts the pix in their archives.

I've been on record for years saying that Robin Meade has a weave or tons of extensions. Her hair can go from limp and thin to full and wonderful over a weekend. Miraculously, her bangs just grew out.

On Fox, Ainsley Earhardt was wearing extensions for a few weeks. Then, it was like she took them out and gave them to Juliet Huddy, who continues to wear them today, while Ainsley has gone back to what may be her actual hairlength.

Ainsley with extensions (looking delightful):

Juliet with shorter extensions (before she got the extensions from Ainsley):

And Juliet with her current extensions:

Am I right? Don't you think they could be Ainsley's extensions?

Personally, I think Juliet made some awful hair decisions when she was on the just-canceled "Mike and Juliet Show" on Fox. Stupid cuts, extremely thinned out, roots on a regular basis, you name it.

Ainsley today (Don't be afraid to color those roots, Ainsley):

As much as I want to believe Ilia Calderone's hair is all her own on Univision, it's gone long to a few inches shorter to a few inches longer over the matter of a few days. Plus tonight I saw her in the Latino version of People Magazine and her hair was about waistlength. She looked amazing.

Her partner -- and for my money, the best human on Univision -- Barbara Bermudo, also is guilty of using extensions as charged. Barbara can do no wrong.

Weatherbabe Jackie Guerrido also has worn extensions for years. I remember when she didn't wear them for a short spell and she didn't look as sexy.

Oh yeah, on CNBC, Amanda Drury, who not that long ago got an awfully plain haircut to about her shoulders, had been sporting BSL hair of late. It grew too fast, trust me. This past week, it was a bit shorter -- possibly her actual length.

Amanda this week:

Megan Kelly of Fox removed her long extensions months ago, but I think she still uses some.

Courtney Friel, who is a sweetheart, wears extensions from time to time on Fox. Maybe all the time. I'm not really sure any more. The extensions used to be even longer.

I also have my doubts that Kyran Chetry of CNN can grow her hair that fast. I just don't think it's possible.

Even local newsbabes are trying out extensions. Kam Carmen, who works for the Fox channel in Detroit, showed up for work a week or so ago and her hair was several inches longer. Honestly, I can't remember her looking better.

I'm pretty sure there are photos of Kam on www.reportercaps.com, but the site is undergoing maintenance so we're out of luck for now.

Here's how she looked before the extensions:

And from Facebook:

Who am I forgetting?
Who has more fun than people?
TDurden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDurden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2009 at 5:45am

hmm actually had no idea drury, megan kelly, or amanda friel wore extensions....how naive of me I suppose lol.   btw does anyone have a pic of Kyra Phillips' new hair? or where to see it? 

(sort of OT: I still can't tell that Rose Byrne was wearing extensions in Troy...apperantley -sp?- her extensions in the movie are supposed to be obvious.  Great movie regardless).
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2009 at 5:49am
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2009 at 10:18am
Any other updates? Thanks Kramer for your work.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2009 at 11:13am
Juliet Huddy is on Fox News right now if you want to see her live. Her hair is long and straight. Her show appears to be noon to 1 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. She's filling in for Jane Skinner, who is one newsbabe I'd love to see with extensions.

Edited by Kramer - September 03 2009 at 11:15am
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2009 at 1:06pm
Kyra Phillips is a downgrade, though it wasn't very good before either.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic