Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alyssa Milano new short cut, yum!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
KathyAnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KathyAnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2003 at 11:12am
*You are so right Headboy. Couldn't agree more.
She is the epitomy of a feminine woman!
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2003 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

By the same token, then, I'm certain you would just as vigorously defend the concept that women whom you think look great with perpetually short hair would look even better if they grew their hair long. Am I understanding you correctly?

What? I never said any thing of the sort. What I did say in not so many words is some times you just need to keep an open mind and you may not be disappointed.

As for your question, Charlize Theron is a good example of your question. She looked so hot with short hair, just about everyone loved her short hair. Now she grew it out and i still think she is sexy, just don't care much for her new style, but still find her sexy.
Jennifer love Hewitt looked very sexy with long hair, and I find her even sexier with the shorter hair.

Mandy Moore looked very sexy with the short hair and with the hair extensions she has now she looks very hot.
filipm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote filipm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2003 at 4:07am
There is one thing I find very strange. When a woman cuts her hair that short, usually there are two kinds of opinions : ones that say that it is the best thing to do, that it's sexy, that every girl should try it etc., an the others say that it is to masculine, that girls should have longer hair to look sexy etc.

In the case of Alyssa Milano almost everybody agreed that it was a good move. I wonder why was that the case? Me, personaly, agree with the fact that she looks great, and that it was a great move, but I taught that way in many cases before, for a lot brave ladies who chopped their manes, and there was always the other side of population strongly oposing my opinion. What is so special about Alyssa Milano, or her short hairstyle, that almost everybody agrees that it looks great?
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2003 at 8:01am
Originally posted by filipm filipm wrote:

There is one thing I find very strange. When a woman cuts her hair that short, usually there are two kinds of opinions : ones that say that it is the best thing to do, that it's sexy, that every girl should try it etc., an the others say that it is to masculine, that girls should have longer hair to look sexy etc.

In the case of Alyssa Milano almost everybody agreed that it was a good move...What is so special about Alyssa Milano, or her short hairstyle, that almost everybody agrees that it looks great?

Well, you actually make two different points: 1) That the new cut looks great and 2) That everyone agrees it was a good move. Two completely different things. It's like agreeing that a house looks good blue, even though you thought it looked good or better green.

In Alyssa's case, I can recognize that she does indeed pull of the short cut well, having the features, figure, and attitude to make it work. However, that doesn't change the fact that I thought the style she had at the beginning of the season a couple of years ago was much more flattering:

http://www.safesearching.com/2k/assets/photos/actress/alyssamilano/alyssamilano_s_charmed_s4press004.jpg
http://www.safesearching.com/2k/assets/photos/actress/alyssamilano/alyssamilano_s_charmed_s4press002.jpg
http://www.safesearching.com/2k/assets/photos/actress/alyssamilano/alyssamilano_s_charmed_s4press001.jpg

So, do I agree that it looks good? Can't deny that it is cute on her. Do I think it was a good move? Also can't deny that I think she looks even better in the links that I posted.

JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
bean3270 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bean3270 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2003 at 1:51pm
She is the type of girl that is always changing her look. That mades her a hottie. Never the same old look.

Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2003 at 2:24pm
I agree with JF. Those are nice pics. She did have some nice long hair. She was very sexy with the long hair and still is sexy with the short hair. Why does everyone like her with short hair? Simple she looks so damm good with the short hair, its not butch or boyish and it flatters her well. Not every woman can pull of such a short style but Alyssa can.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2003 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by bean3270 bean3270 wrote:

She is the type of girl that is always changing her look. That mades her a hottie. Never the same old look.

A woman I know (not a celebrity) who has long, long hair is always changing her look (wide variety of up-do's and down-do's). Never the same old look. And she is, as you put it, a "hottie."
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2003 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by shorthair75_2000 shorthair75_2000 wrote:

Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

By the same token, then, I'm certain you would just as vigorously defend the concept that women whom you think look great with perpetually short hair would look even better if they grew their hair long. Am I understanding you correctly?

What? I never said any thing of the sort. What I did say in not so many words is some times you just need to keep an open mind and you may not be disappointed.

I mentioned this some time ago in this forum... a year or two ago I saw a TV interview of Halle Berry, she was wearing a shoulder-length wig which made her look incredible. Yes, much better than with short hair.
Quote As for your question, Charlize Theron is a good example of your question. She looked so hot with short hair, just about everyone loved her short hair.

"Just about everyone"? Among what subset of the populace? This board?? A very skewed sample, here. You might be able to say "just about everyone who posted here" felt a certain way, but I doubt that this board is fairly representative of the population as a whole.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2003 at 6:35pm

In the case of Alyssa Milano almost everybody agreed that it was a good move. I wonder why was that the case? Me, personaly, agree with the fact that she looks great, and that it was a great move, but I taught that way in many cases before, for a lot brave ladies who chopped their manes, and there was always the other side of population strongly oposing my opinion. What is so special about Alyssa Milano, or her short hairstyle, that almost everybody agrees that it looks great?

Here we go again, championing women who cut their long hair short as being "brave." How about women who bravely grow or stay long?

I'll answer your question, though I can't believe the answer is a mystery to anybody. If so, read on.

Alyssa Milano has a slim and fit (and attractive!) figure. She also has a nicely shaped (and attractive!) face. Some would say that that is enough to make her gorgeous, no matter what her hairlength or hairstyle.
Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2003 at 8:15pm
C'mon:
It's just a matter of opinion.
Dave obviously likes long haired women.
Myself, I usually like short hair on women.
To me both Halle and Alyssa look better in short hair. That's my preference.

Hair preferences are totally subjective. They are an individual thing. There is no better or worse hair length on women. It is simply what you prefer.
Kind of ridiculous to argue about it.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2003 at 7:58pm
Hi Brent,

I do not care to dissuade short-hair lovers from their preference.

However, I challenge filipm's assertion that "a lot [of] brave ladies chopped their manes..." Not that the manes weren't chopped, but that it was an expression of bravery. Why don't the fans of change who reside here similarly champion those celebs who resolutely grow their hair long as being a brave action? I just don't see such statements being made here.

The beef is that quite a number of the short-hair fans on this board toss off brazen "hair politics"-type statements which seem more appropriate for the hair politics board.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2003 at 1:18am
I've grown my hair very long in the past and I've cut it very short. Neither takes any amount of bravery to do whatsoever.

Bravery is running into a burning building to rescue someone, or joining the army and going to a war zone, or having the courage to deal with a disease. Things like that take bravery and courage.

People who describe growing or cutting hair as something "brave" don't know what bravery is.
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2003 at 2:00am
D.D. should stay where he belongs, the long hair support board. Give me a hell yeah!!!
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2003 at 6:01am
I agree with you Tina. Thank you.

And Arch, I think I will continue visiting here whenever I feel like doing so. To the best of my knowledge, this isn't the "short-hair celebrity board."
filipm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote filipm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2003 at 8:05am
Some people on this planet are so strange.

I certainly did not mean to offend someone with my post and I'm sorry if I did. I noticed a fact which was interesting to me and shared that with some people who I don't now, will probably never meet, but who, for some reason, are interested in the same topic as I am. I read this board regularly, but I don't write very often, because I don't feel the need to. The title of this board is Celebrity Hair Talk, and I think that my previous post fit completly to that subject. It is about a hairstyle of a celebrity.

The thing that uppset Mr. Decker the most is that I said that I regard woman who cut their hair very short as brave. The reason for that is the following. Cuting your hair that short is kind of taking a risk. In just few minutes you might come up with something that you and the people around you don't like and there is no comming back for a long period of time. You may also come up looking very cute and great looking, but you don't know it until you don't dare to do something like that.

Growing your hair long is also very hard thing to do. I find those ladies who manage to carry out such a long lasting project very persistent and I admire them also, specially if they have healthy, great looking hair. But I don't find them brave, because I don't see the risk they are taking. They always have the alternative, and can take a step back if they find some dissaprovals.

Offcourse, it is not some "Heroic bravery", but it is not a decision like "am I going to were a red or green dress today?".

I was marked as a short hair lover or something like that and I don't see that it is true. There are some people who write on this board who think that every celeb should have buzzed head or something like that. I don't like reading their post and certainly don't agree with them, but I think they are entitled to write that because it has to do something with this boards subject. I also don't agree with the posts from those obsessed long hair lovers (regards to Mr. Decker, Gord and co.), but also think that they should write because they are entitled to do so, and they make this board live and more interesting.

My opinion is that this world would be an uglier place to live in, if there were only short-haired, or long-haired women. The diversity is what makes this planet beautiful. My opinion is that every woman should constantly change. That every lady should try as much different styles as she can, from the shortest crops to the almost waist-lenght hair. That is just my opinion and I don't mind if some people think something else.

I'm sorry that this post has a lot of "hair-politics" in it, but I was provoked to do this. If you don't like to read something, then just skip it and don't read it. I think that if we allow more freedom of speech on this board it will become better.

Best regards to all,
Filip
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2003 at 11:00am

The thing that uppset Mr. Decker the most is that I said that I regard woman who cut their hair very short as brave. The reason for that is the following. Cuting your hair that short is kind of taking a risk. In just few minutes you might come up with something that you and the people around you don't like and there is no comming back for a long period of time. You may also come up looking very cute and great looking, but you don't know it until you don't dare to do something like that.

Offcourse, it is not some "Heroic bravery", but it is not a decision like "am I going to were a red or green dress today?".

Well put. In deference to Dave and Tina, I agree it's not "risking your life" bravery, but it is "putting yourself out there" bravery along the lines of the courage it takes to be a public speaker. Essentially, depending on how outgoing the individual's personality is, it takes courage to do something that makes a very obvious change in your appearance (which is a risk) and will result in more comments and notice due to the change (which may push them well out of their comfort zone).

I think this is also where, for some folks (NOT ALL, DAVE), long hair gets considered a "security blanket". Interestingly, though, some folks (AGAIN, NOT ALL) keep the same "look" for years, be it long, short, or medium hair, for the same reason. They get secure and comfortable in how they see themselves. Is that bad? Not at all. Does that mean their "secure and comfortable" look isn't flattering? Again, a big nope. I'm pretty happy Cindy Crawford hasn't significantly changed her look over the years.

Just some thoughts.

JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2003 at 11:38am

My opinion is that this world would be an uglier place to live in, if there were only short-haired, or long-haired women. The diversity is what makes this planet beautiful. My opinion is that every woman should constantly change. That every lady should try as much different styles as she can, from the shortest crops to the almost waist-lenght hair. That is just my opinion and I don't mind if some people think something else.

I am assuming that you are male, and I am assuming that you change your hairstyle regularly if you believe that women should. If not you are being sexist. Why are women always expected to change their hair but men aren't? What would you look like with almost waist length hair? Why do I feel that we are as likely to see that as we are to see me with the shortest crop? What is wrong with hair that is longer than waist length? Mine is. And many people find me attractive. That is not be being arrogant and boastful saying that, it is me being honest.

I think Alyssa looks nice with short hair, but better with it long. Just what I think. I hope I haven't offended anyone, just made them think.
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2003 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by shorthair75_2000 shorthair75_2000 wrote:

I agree with JF. Those are nice pics. She did have some nice long hair. She was very sexy with the long hair and still is sexy with the short hair. Why does everyone like her with short hair? Simple she looks so damm good with the short hair, its not butch or boyish and it flatters her well. Not every woman can pull of such a short style but Alyssa can.
Who says "everyone" likes Alyssa with short hair? Flea, thanks for the photos to remind me how great she looked with long hair.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2003 at 6:42pm
Well Gord, I don't speak for every person on the planet but from what I have read here and else where just about everyone likes it including die hard long hair lovers. If you want to see Alyssa with real long hair you have to go back to when she was a kid. When she was 16 she started to cut it and try different colors. If you want to see a bad short cut on Alyssa look up pics from her Whose The Boss days. near the end of the show she choped her hair short and it was not as cute as this one is. Her current hair style may be short but it does look good on her. And I did say in a post that she had some nice long hair.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2003 at 1:05am
Thanks Dave.
I know you got a little mad at me when I was joking around a couple months back on the long hair board but I like you Dave and you are a handsome guy, and you look good in very long hair. You give guys with long hair a good reputation!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic