Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

100 Most beautiful women of all time?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Carmichael View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmichael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 100 Most beautiful women of all time?
    Posted: June 01 2004 at 3:41pm
From this link: http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/05/31/1085855500521.html

Audrey Hepburn 'most beautiful woman of all time'
June 1, 2004

Print this article
Email to a friend

Pefection personified ... experts have voted Audrey Hepburn the most naturally beautiful woman of all time.

Related:
Top ten beauties

Film legend Audrey Hepburn was yesterday named the most naturally beautiful woman of all time by a panel of experts.

Three Australians featured in the first 10 out of 100 beauties, actress Cate Blanchett, who came in third, singer Natalie Imbruglia and model Elle Macpherson.

Princess Diana came in 12th.

Hepburn, the star of Roman Holiday and Breakfast at Tiffany's, topped the poll of beauty editors, make-up artists, fashion editors, model agencies and fashion photographers who were asked to choose their top 10 beauties from the list of 100 compiled by the drinks firm Evian.

The women were chosen for their "embodiment of natural beauty, healthy living, beautiful on the inside and out, with great skin and a natural glow to their personality, as well as their complexion", Evian said.

Hepburn was joined in the top five by current US film star Liv Tyler, Blanchett, Tomb Raider star Angelina Jolie and the '50sicon turned princess Grace Kelly.

"Audrey Hepburn is the personification of natural beauty," said Elle beauty director Rosie Green.

advertisement

advertisement

"She has a rare charm and inner beauty that radiates when she smiles. Her skin looks fresh in all her films and her personality really shines through as someone warm and lively."

More than 76 per cent of the beauty experts who voted in the survey mentioned Hepburn in their top 10.

The survey also showed that while 32 per cent of the icons placed in the No. 1 spot by panel members were blondes, 22 per cent redheads and 46 per cent brunettes.

"People who are confident without a scrap of make-up and look healthy, happy and glowing, seem like natural beauties to me," said Eleonore Crompton, of Heat magazine.

Top 100 Beautiful Women:

1. Audrey Hepburn
2. Liv Tyler
3. Cate Blanchett
4. Angelina Jolie
5. Grace Kelly
6. Natalie Imbruglia
7. Juliette Binoche
8. Halle Berry
9. Helena Christensen
10. Elle Macpherson
11. Cameron Diaz
12. Princess Diana
13. Kate Moss
14. Charlize Theron
15. Scarlett Johansson
16. Isabella Rossellini
17. Nigella Lawson
18. Beyonce Knowles
19. Madonna
20. Jamelia
21. Nicole Kidman
22. Monica Bellucci
23. Audrey Tatou
24. Vanessa Paradis
25. Julianne Moore
26. Jennifer Lopez
27. Marilyn Monroe
28. Julia Roberts
29. Liberty Ross
30. Kylie Minogue
31. Estelle Warren
32. Gisele Bundchen
33. Gwyneth Paltrow
34. Kate Winslet
35. Katharine Hepburn
36. Ava Gardner
37. Keira Knightley
38. Iman
39. Jerry Hall
40. Heidi Klum
41. Ursula Andress
42. Virginie Ledoyen
43. Sophie Dahl
44. Michelle Pfeiffer
45. Uma Thurman
46. Kim Catrell
47. Jennifer Aniston
48. Eva Herzigova
49. Brigitte Bardot
50. Felicity Kendal
51. Claudia Schiffer
52. Jacqueline Kennedy
53. Marlene Dietrich
54. Milla Jovovitch
55. Lucy Liu
56. Penelope Cruz
57. Neve Campbell
58. Sharon Stone
59. Vivien Leigh
60. Sophie Marceau
61. Linda Evangelista
62. Dido
63. Catherine Zeta Jones
64. Jessica Lange
65. Ingrid Bergman
66. Greta Garbo
67. Jodie Kidd
68. Laetitia Casta
69. Princess Caroline of Monaco
70. Kathleen Turner
71. Rachel Weisz
72. Naomi Campbell
73. Grace Jones
74. Christie Turlington
75. Famke Jensen
76. Catherine Deneuve
77. Cindy Crawford
78. Heather Graham
79. Judy Garland
80. Ginger Rogers
81. Sophia Loren
82. Yasmin Le Bon
83. Kirsten Dunst
84. Sandra Bullock
85. Melanie Sykes
86. Cleopatra
87. Lisa Snowdon
88. Rita Hayworth
89. Katie Holmes
90. Honor Blackman
91. Joely Richardson
92. Joanna Lumley
93. Andie MacDowell
94. Alicia Silverstone
95. Cat Deeley
96. Rene Russo
97. Sienna Miller
98. Rachel Hunter
99. Jade Jagger
100. Kelly Brook

natasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2004 at 3:47pm
And this has what to do with Celebrity Hair?
Katie C Lover View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie C Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2004 at 5:25pm
Somethings wrong.... No Heather Locklear???
She should be there...
Carmichael View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmichael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2004 at 9:39pm
Let's see Natasha...

1.) The survey also showed that while 32 per cent of the icons placed in the No. 1 spot by panel members were blondes, 22 per cent redheads and 46 per cent brunettes.

2.) They are celebrities

I invite you to draw your own conclusions
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2004 at 12:31am
Originally posted by Katie C Lover Katie C Lover wrote:

Somethings wrong.... No Heather Locklear???
She should be there...

What's up with THAT? And how come my wife isn't on the list either?
_Paris_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Paris_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2004 at 2:12am
That MUST mean oldish women, coz they are missing heaps of ppl, and Audrey Hupburn? AS IF!!!!
http://www.14paris.com/pictures/images/
ParisHilton119.jpg">

Grace912 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grace912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2004 at 7:19am
Paris, please be joking, because if women like Keira Knightley and Scarlett Johansson are "oldish", then I guess that I should be playing shuffleboard in Boca Raton as we speak
Monica: Isn't there any way that you could look at this as flattering? I mean, she's doing this to be more like you.
Rachel: Well, then, couldn't she have just copied my haircut?
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2004 at 7:42am
My only comment on the list?

#3: Cate Blanchett
#77: Cindy Crawford

'Nuff said.

JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
DUMB POSTINGS View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUMB POSTINGS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2004 at 8:18am
This is one of the dumbest posts ever on here. Who cares about this dumb list by some austrailian website. The list is ridiculous why dont we all put a stupid list on here that has nothing to do with hair. STUPID STUPID STUPID
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2004 at 4:32pm
DP - I think your name says it all about you.

How many long haired beauties are on the list as opposed to short haired?

jacqui
Ononotdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ononotdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2004 at 5:13pm
I don't think you can state that enough :)
ace1308 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ace1308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2004 at 7:20am
As we all know, any such list is very subjective.
As an example very few of us would not put our mother on the list or some other women who has impressed us at a point in time.
How many of us looked at the list said they don't have " " on the list. If you ask 100 people the same question you will get 100 different lists.
But one thing they all do is stimulate the grey matter.

GRH

ACE
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2004 at 2:28pm
Any list which does not include Crystal Gayle is not worth my consideration. She was more beautiful than, oh, about all 100! And the late Nicolette Larsen would make my Top 10 also. And they didn't need all that hair to make my list. Both were purely stellar beauties. The extra-galactic tresses were simply icing on the cake. Bob
Ononotdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ononotdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2004 at 2:41pm
What!? No Phyllis Diller!?
Zap Rowsdower View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zap Rowsdower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2004 at 4:15pm
As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Thus any list like this I will always consider rubish. What's beautiful to some is ugly to another.
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2004 at 5:59pm
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? no jennifer connelly thats nuts!!!
Visitor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Visitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2004 at 3:33pm
No Ashley Judd? Virtually a Audrey Hepburn look alike (amazed...)
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2004 at 6:11pm
It's a nice list but missing a few beautiful women.

I would also include Ashley Judd.
Also short haired divas Alyssa Milano, Toni Braxton, and Erykah Badu.
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2004 at 11:09pm
I would of included Jennifer love Hewitt, I have seen pics of her with no makeup on and she is prettier with out the makeup. How much more natural can that be? She is compared to Audrey Hepburn and she was number one so Jennifer should be number two, but she is always number one in my book. Also as some one else said Alyssa Milano should be on there.
Ononotdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ononotdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2004 at 5:05am
How come all of the women on the list are/were celebrities? Surely they don't all fit the following criteria: "embodiment of natural beauty, healthy living, beautiful on the inside and out, with great skin and a natural glow to their personality, as well as their complexion." Two salient examples in my mind are Madonna (#19) and Sharon Stone (#58), two women who could have made the Top 100 A Holes of All Time, and ranked highly.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic