Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Holly Marie Combs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Holly Marie Combs
    Posted: July 25 2004 at 1:55pm
I think that Holly Marie Combs is the prettiest one of all the charmed women. Now, Alyssa Milano is beautiful, and so is Rose McGowan, but what I like about Holly is that she is the most natural of the three, and it looks as if she really embraces that. She has that scar on her eyebrow, and if you look at her when she smiles, her teeth are actually a little bit crooked. How often do you really see something like that in Hollywood? Oh, and I can't forget her hair..beautiful!!!! I was just wondering what others think.
I bought some batteries, but they weren't included.
.....Steven Wright
Marissa View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2004 at 3:41pm
I definitely agree. Holly Marie Combs is very pretty and I think it's a shame that she sort of gets lost when compared to Alyssa Milano and Rose McGowan. I mean, Holly is one of the original castmembers (so is Alyssa but Alyssa replaced another actress and Holly had been a part of the cast since the original pilot with that other actress and Shannen Doherty - which wasn't ever aired) and once Shannen left the show, all of a sudden, Alyssa and Rose were being pushed in advertisements and articles. It seemed to me like Holly was always left on the periphery. She didn't go for wearing padding in her bra when directors or the wardrobe department or whoever suggested that she should because Shannen Doherty and Alyssa Milano were sort of large chested in comparison. I like that she doesn't wear the most revealing clothes or wear a pound of makeup, because I know most of the people I know don't so when I see actresses on tv and movies who are always dressed to the nines, I feel sort of bad because in the back of my mind I think that's how women are expected to look.
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2004 at 4:09pm
I love it when I'm not the first person to point out beautiful long hair and I think it's even better when the first person is a woman.

Holly has had the best hair on the show since the beginning... and it's only gotten longer (and better in my opinion).

http://worldofcharmed.free.fr/4pi29.jpg

I know shorthaired lovers will disagree and vote for Alyssa Milano, but she's literally had her ups and downs. When her hair was at its longest, I'd rank her No. 2 among the "Charmed" girls.

http://wok.ausgamers.com/Alyssa/Alyssa_Milano_29.jpg

At 3, I'd go with darkhaired Rose McGowan. Blonde (or whatever color they make her hear) on her just doesn't look natural.

http://epguides.com/charmed/cast.jpg

http://felicia-online.com/Charmed/Paige62.jpg

And at 4 would be Shannon Doherty, who generally had her bangs in the "growing out stage" during her time with the show.

http://www.hqp.free.fr/sd/charmed1/shannon_doherty_UNs71.jpg
nygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2004 at 7:28pm
Holly looks great now. I did like her hair in the beginning, but I'm glad that she grew the bangs out. Now you can really see her pretty face.
.....Steven Wright
nygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2004 at 7:31pm
excellent picture links, by the way!
.....Steven Wright
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2004 at 8:41am
Holly dose has the best hair. Shannen Doherty would be to me second.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Jared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2005 at 9:21pm
Does anybody know how long her hair is now?
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2005 at 10:46pm
Glad someone brought up Holly, who I've been a fan of since her days
on "Picket Fences." She does have gorgeous hair, and she's as
consistent with keeping hers one basic style (long and straight) as
Alyssa has been consistent with changing hers. I agree that her natural
look and that cute eyebrow scar make her more adorable.

Personally, I liked her bangs and shoulder-length hair from the first
season because the bangs set off her eyes. For some reason I almost
always prefer actress' hair in their first year on a show, when the show
stylists have the most control over it. Long is nice too, but for me it's a
little blah for that length. Still, happy to have her on TV with any style!
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
Callalily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Callalily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2005 at 1:04am
I've always thought that Holly Marie was the prettiest as well!  I hated the bangs she had in the beginning.  Her hair is VERY pretty now!
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2005 at 8:04am
Is the show still going or just reruns?
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2005 at 9:50am
The show is still going. In fact, I read recently that Kaley Cuoco, from
"8 Simple Rules..." on ABC, is joining the cast in the fall. Should be
interesting to see what her character - and her hair - bring to the show.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2005 at 10:32am
I love Holly and think she is the best too,  her hair is awesome and I am growing mine to look the same.  I think her looks are similar to Sandra Bullock,  I can't wait for next season.  I hope Holly,  Rose and Allissa are still on the show and the new girl doesn't replace one of them.

A big Charmed fan
texdillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texdillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2005 at 11:20am
I agree that Holly has one of the most awesome long hair looks on TV (I'm normally a mid to short length fan on most people). Alyssa looks great with short or long hair and I appreciate the fact she is somewhat of a chameleon. The others I can take or leave.
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2005 at 11:53am
I would rank Shannon as my nr one, i think she is beautifull. (People tell me I look just like her so I have to rank her as my nr one )

But I have always felt that Holly deserves alot more credd. She has kept her long hair and looks very natural and healthy looking, she is very beautyfull. (Which is alot more than you can for most famous people)

laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2005 at 12:59pm

Here is a nice natural pic of Holly.

Holly

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2005 at 1:17pm
Wow looking good. Thanks Last Star Fighter also very good moive. Vicky I also Shannon when she was on that TV show of Sci-Fi her second season for that show she was smoken.
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2005 at 4:19pm
I never saw that tv show, it can't have aired here in sweden.
*Whispering* "Could I download it from the internet?"

laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2005 at 11:11pm
I think Shannon is nice too she has blue eyes like me, although I heard she is difficult in real life.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2005 at 8:40am
That's what I heard also. But I still find her cute.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic