Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nicole on ANTM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Horse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nicole on ANTM
    Posted: September 17 2004 at 2:23pm
This girl's gonna get her hair cut into a pixie (just a hunch).

Mark my words.

http://www.upn.com/shows/top_model3/models/bio/nicole.shtml

Probably around episode 2 or 3.

And when are we gonna get some re-runs of Cycle 2 so I can see Catie Anderson get a pixie? I'm guessin' I'm gonna have to wait until next summer/spring.

If I'm right, you all gotta give some props. Or at least call me "master of the obvious".

And if you ask "What does this have to do with celebrity hair?".

Face facts. Not talent anybodys have become celebrities, courtesy of reality TV.
"It has to start somewhere. It has to start some time. What better place than here. What better time than now." - Zack De La Rocha
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2004 at 7:54pm
And why not one of the others with longer hair? To me it would be a sad loss if any of them had to go that short. But wouldn't you get more to watch if you had one with long hair go really short? Murry and all the other talk shows have big rates I belive when they chop 1 to 3 feet of hair. So why not this show do the same?
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Lester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2004 at 8:11pm
If Jennipher gets a pixie,I'll be sick. Her hair is beautiful and very long.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2004 at 8:34pm
I'm hoping for Leah. She seems to have the best face for a pixie.
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2004 at 9:56pm
Last year's show, they took the real long-haired girl to her shoulders...it was just too long they said...hopefully jenipher's headin down the same path...

My two cents.
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
unknown View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unknown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2004 at 10:17pm
WHAT!!!! do you have esp or some thing and maybe neither of the girls wont get a pixie just because last year catie got a pixie cut which she hated doesnt mean that Nicole will get one so dont jump the gun about any of the girls yet until ANTM starts

Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2004 at 10:41am
It's quite common for agents to change models' hair when they sign them and the show reflects that with their makeover episode. The idea is enhance the model's beauty and make her stand out more. It appears all the white girls have longer hair.

In the first season, they gave the already short haired Leah a pixie. Last year, they cut the long haired Yoanna into a faux hawk and the long haired Catie into a pixie. Both of them looked good in their new haircuts and stood out more. Catie didn't like the cut. Yoanna embraced it. Yoanna won. Since this is a modeling competition, her look contributed to that. I'm sure the contestants here will remember that.

Catie's reaction made for compelling TV, something the producers have to like. When they brought her back for the where are they now show, Catie was happy with her short hair.

I'd guess there will be one or two dramatic haircuts.
cutter View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2004 at 8:01pm
On the previews for next week's shoe the girls are getting makeovers. One with very long hair (jenniper?) has it gathered in a pony tail and the stylist says it is all going to be cut off!!!!!
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2004 at 8:10pm
Keep the knives away from Gord and the long hair lovers. Jennipher has hair down to her waist. From the ANTM website:

http://www.upn.com/shows/top_model3/show/ep01/index3.shtml

Quote ther memorable moments in this opening round include when Jennipher from Pocatello, Idaho, who has unusually long hair, breaks down crying when she tells the judges how badly she wants to get out of Idaho.

I'm sure the long hair lovers would argue with the term "unusually long hair."

While hair that long is beautiful, models rarely have hair longer than a few inches past their shoulders. Hair that long is difficult for stylists on the runways to work with. If the designer wants hair that long, they add extensions.

While they may take a model very short, don't count on it being Jennipher. She's 5'10" and they may just cut her hair to her shoulders. That would be dramatic. I'd guess a shorter girl would go very short.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2004 at 8:50pm
Ok I been hitting sites and someone leaked that our waist lenght model will have it cut to her shoulders. How true this is can be anyone guess.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2004 at 10:08pm
Regarding Jennipher's long hair...the judges summed it up best when they said this...

1st judge---long and beautiful, but not practical

And personally, I think the 2nd judge is a genius. He said...

2nd judge--the Crystal Gayle look is NOT in fashion!

What a saint! That man deserves an award. lol

And in the deliberation process, Tyra Banks said...

"she's one of those girls that thinks because my hair is long it makes me pretty"

The world is full of 'em.

And next weeks preview shows the stylist telling jennipher "i'm gonna cut it all off" as he removes two feet on the spot.

My two cents.

Let the bashing begin. ;)
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
Katie C Lover View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie C Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2004 at 10:41pm
Which one of the girls goes very blonde???
Kramer View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2004 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by arch94 arch94 wrote:

Regarding Jennipher''''s long hair...the judges summed it up best when they said this...

1st judge---long and beautiful, but not practical

And personally, I think the 2nd judge is a genius. He said...

2nd judge--the Crystal Gayle look is NOT in fashion!

What a saint! That man deserves an award. lol

And in the deliberation process, Tyra Banks said...

"she''''s one of those girls that thinks because my hair is long it makes me pretty"

The world is full of ''''em.

And next weeks preview shows the stylist telling jennipher "i''''m gonna cut it all off" as he removes two feet on the spot.

My two cents.

Let the bashing begin. ;)
If they have hacked Jennipher''''s hair, she won''''t be the only one crying. Sick.

Not in style, my ass.

http://www.upn.com/shows/top_model3/models/bio/jennipher.shtml
wozziewoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wozziewoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2004 at 12:18am
It shouldn't really surprise anyone though. This season will probably follow in the same style as the previous two. If it does, that means there will probably be about 3-4 good makeovers. One long haired cutting cut much shorter, which obviously is Jennipher. One shorter haired girl getting a really short cut, may be Nicole, or possible someone else. Then there is a color makeover. Amanda goes platinum blonde. Then as with Yoanna last year there may be another "wild card" makeover. Everyone will get makeovers but probably not "major" ones. UPN is not stupid, they know it's a ratings game. Part of the reasons behind this episode & the "more extreme" makeovers, besides possible enhansment for the sake of modeling, is to create buzz & acheive higher ratings.
One thing for sure Magdalena & Leah, will not be losing any of their hair. They have alreay been eliminated.
rico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2004 at 11:24am
Next wednesday is the big makeover show.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2004 at 2:36pm
"She's one of those girls who thinks b/c my hair is long it makes me pretty. The world is full of them." Tyra Banks
Well, thank God for that! They are soooooo... right! Bob
austin View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2004 at 4:27pm
I thought that show was called americas next top model not next top makeover. My opinion is a model is suppose be pretty enough that she doesnt need makeover why dont they just get models that are ugly its sad what they did to jennipher
Lester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2004 at 6:33pm
It is disgusting what happens to Jennipher. Her hair looks like it is about 4 inches past her waist and they want to cut her hair off? I wish she had told them to kiss off. She is beautiful and that very long hair is beautiful. I think those fools were just jealous of her hair,so they hacked it off. Bunch of jerks!
tennischick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tennischick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2004 at 7:14pm
I dont think they were mean look at most if not all top models and there hair are not much longer than a little past there shoulders and if they want it longer they add extensions because long hair is really difficult to style.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2004 at 8:52pm
You sound like 12 year olds. This girl is on "America's Next Top Model." If Jennipher was as in love with her long hair as you are with it, she wouldn't want to be a model or be on the show. I don't understand why people here feel more of an ownership of Jennipher's hair than she has. You act like you own her.

Being a model means you do what you're told to do when you're told to do it. Getting work means that companies like Revlon or designers or photographers tell you what they want. Modeling isn't about the model. It's about the look these people want. If Jennipher wants to be a model and get work, she'll have to have shorter hair. And she'll have to change her hair often. Or she'll get stale. These people want fresh looks. Being a model isn't about being pretty. It's about giving them the look they want.

She can tell them off, but if she does she'll never make a living as a model. If she's attached to her hair, she should be a stockbroker, a teacher, or some other job where she has control over her look. You don't have that if you're a model.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic