Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nicole on ANTM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Camille83 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camille83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2004 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by arch94 arch94 wrote:

Regarding Jennipher's long hair...the judges summed it up best when they said this...

1st judge---long and beautiful, but not practical

And personally, I think the 2nd judge is a genius. He said...

2nd judge--the Crystal Gayle look is NOT in fashion!

What a saint! That man deserves an award. lol

And in the deliberation process, Tyra Banks said...

"she's one of those girls that thinks because my hair is long it makes me pretty"

The world is full of 'em.

And next weeks preview shows the stylist telling jennipher "i'm gonna cut it all off" as he removes two feet on the spot.

My two cents.

Let the bashing begin. ;)

arch94 all of your posts are really stupid and is unfair to us or what you said about Jennipher so what is exactly wrong with a model with long hair and the stupid judges are also full of it especially the big mouth tyra banks who shouldn't talk because she has that ugly color and her really fake looking extensions too

Camille
Camille83 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camille83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2004 at 9:00pm

Regarding Jennipher's long hair...the judges summed it up best when they said this...

"she's one of those girls that thinks because my hair is long it makes me pretty"

The world is full of 'em.

And next weeks preview shows the stylist telling jennipher "i'm gonna cut it all off" as he removes two feet on the spot.

My two cents.

Let the bashing begin. ;)

Camille83 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camille83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2004 at 9:03pm
Sorry Double Post

Camille
Lester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2004 at 9:53pm
I remember when Paulina Porzkova had hair down to her waist and nobody made her cut her hair. Models can have long hair and Jennipher should have only had to gotten a minor trim,if they felt she had to do something with her hair. Personally,I wouldn't have touched her beautiful hair.
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2004 at 10:35pm
Her hair is still beautiful....it'll be a great, still long, but shorter style....You people act like they cut her arm off...it's hair, it'll grow back.

Still, with that being said...I can only think....score one for the good guys. lol

My two cents.
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2004 at 3:39am
It really will be sad if the cut her hair. It is gorgeous, and they could do so many awesome and very different styles with it so long. They could even put a shorter wig on if they wanted it shorter.
I didn't know that short haired people were "the good guys".

jacqui
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2004 at 7:11pm
The information in this link must be a missprint. They say this longhaired beauty is a model, which, as we have discovered from the TV show about models, is not possible, right?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/041002/ids_photos_en/r1363266779.jpg&e=8&ncid=707

shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2004 at 1:15am
Its all about the ratings. Unforutnataly seeing a long haired woman get her hair choped for some stupid show, which by the way I have yet to see on show ever, and when they anounced that they are going to chop Jeniphers hair well all the people who enjoy watching that happen wil tune in and some that don't just for curiosity sake. Jen could have kept her hair long and been a model as that cute blonde proves, although her hair is shorter then Jens. Maybe if more peoole would stop watching the makeovers and evne called and complained you could save some other long haired girl from going under the sicissors for some dumb t.v. show.
Mallory Keaton View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mallory Keaton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2004 at 4:07am
A sure sign of a civilzation about to crumble is when they run out of orginal ideas. Take the Roman Empire for instance.
and take ours right now.
We' have run out of any new ideas as a society.
Reality shows proove that. They are unstimulating for the mind and basically act out on our most visiral animalistic needs. A big hair chop on tv is no different then throwing the pesants to the lions in the Coliesuim. Anything to get the masses talking. and clammoring for more. Reality tv prooves we have no orginal ideas left as a society. Our music prooves this.
"Kill your B*tch, I'm a pimp" prooves this. Remakes of tv shows from our Golden past into feature length movies prooves this.

'
unreg person View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unreg person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2004 at 6:20am
I beg to differ. Everyday I see new beutifull works art being created in the city I reside in, and I hear great local musicians playing great music about town. I think you just need to get off the couch stop watching TV and go out and live life.
wowiezowie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wowiezowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2004 at 8:36am
whut's soo grate abowt awl dat ind to sibilisateun ez no moore speling

deep stuff man
ace1308 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ace1308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2004 at 8:39am
All of the girls on the show are getting exposure that they never wouuld have gotten otherwise.
The show is purely entertainment has nothing to do with anything closly real life. The fact is if Jen refuses to get her hair cut I don"t think it will hurt her getting work as a model. It all depends if she is good or not and if someone really takes a liking to her. Look at that guy Hung the singer that has made alot of money being a loser.
Bottom line is that they all volunteered, in fact beat many other contestants out to get a spot. Im sure they all realize that would have to change their looks.
If all the "drama" of haircuts and other changes were not put into the show how could it go more than one night. Essentially it would be beauty contest.
Lets face it what to heck does a model have to do but put clothes on and walk.
IMO she Jen's hair looks great and it would make her stand out as a model.
Just my 2 cents

ACE
ACE
Vineman_ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2004 at 9:30am
This is disgusting. There's no such thing as "too long", except for when the person decides.

For me, this exposes how worthless and shallow the whole industry is.

If some agent told me I had to cut my hair, I'd stab him with the scissors. I wouldn't let him try any of that emotional manipulation crap.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2004 at 2:10pm

Rod commented: "Being a model isn't about being pretty. It's about giving them the look they want."

I personally appreciate the beauty of women much more than the notion of creating different looks through fashion. It's no wonder I don't care to know who today's "top models" are.

I hereby award that man the Pygmalion of the Year award.

It rarely if ever makes a woman look worse.

How ironic she says this, with a large photograph of her with waist-length hair, in the background of the camera shot. It's seems she's being hypocritical.
ShortLover View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2004 at 6:22pm
I just saw a longer coming attraction to this coming Wednesday's makeover show......and Nicole does get a short pixie cut. They also dye it a lighter shade of red.
ted View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2004 at 4:55pm
Even though the judges say their aren't no models with long hair why don't they look at anna kournikova. I would say she's a pretty popular model, I just think those judges love short hair
It's real sad what they did to jennipher.
McMan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2004 at 7:20am
Anna K. isn“t a professional model!!!
Short hair is much better for the models because it brings out her facial and personal features better than hiding behind long hair allows it!
Horse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2004 at 7:18am
Hoodwinked, Bamboozled, Shammed, Cheated, and Hornswaggled.

These are the feelings that ran through my mind after watching ANTM last night.

Are those mooks serious? Not one single shot or even mention about the change in Nicole's length. They talked about that one girl (Jennipher) "getting it all cut off" ad nauseum, and correct me if I'm wrong, but it was still well past her shoulders.

A girl gets a freakin' pixie and all they can talk about is the color (which wasn't that drastic of a change anyhow)?

That show's a joke. I'll never watch it again. Unless it's to watch Nicole.

BTW, Nicole was flat out smokin' after her "not worth mentioning" haircut. All the other girls can suck an egg as far as I'm concerned.
"It has to start somewhere. It has to start some time. What better place than here. What better time than now." - Zack De La Rocha
Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2004 at 2:42pm
Oh dear - looking at the makeovers I can't see many normal women wanting to put themselves in the hand of the professionals on this show.

Following the transformations - nost of the contestants look worse IMHO

Amanda - now looks totally washed out
Ann - looks like a home colouring job that failed to cover all the grey
Jennipher - another whose new colour does nothing for her. Also they should have either left the length alone or taken all three feet off - but not two as she now looks plainly ordinary rather than special as she did before.
Nicola - love the colour but the picture of the cut is awful, hoefully it looks better than this.
Norelle (sic) - she could have achieved a very similar botch job with a pair of scissors at home and had a go herself.

Its your hair, your choice and your decision
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2004 at 7:08am
I tried commenting on this show the day after it aired, but I guess my comment didn't stick.

At the risk of piling on, this has got to be one of the most pointless, stupid shows I've ever seen. They cut a couple feet off Jennipher's beautiful mane, then add a foot or so to the blonde. They change the color of the one model to Lucille Ball red? All for the sake of what?

I'll never look at Tyra Banks the same way. She's no super model in my book, but she is a super b**** (I added the asterisks myself, thank you).

I could only take 17 minutes of the show. I guess when I saw fully grown women trying to apply makeup in a packed limo riding over potholed streets, I thought, why am I wasting my time?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic