Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nicole on ANTM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2004 at 9:51am
For the most part Gord, right you are...
Must be one of the most pitiful shows on TV right now! As for the looks, I can understand trying to give the model's a distinctive look, and Jennipher's hair needed to be shaped up, but they cut too much. On one hand, top models need to be versitile, but on the other hand they need a distinctive "look". Almost all of the attempts to give the models a "look" failed miserably, especially Jennipher. I would have trimmed 6 to 8 inches, and subtly highlighted her hair. As it is now, she is just another pretty face, nothing special. What a useless show.

Originally posted by Gord Gord wrote:

I tried commenting on this show the day after it aired, but I guess my comment didn't stick.

At the risk of piling on, this has got to be one of the most pointless, stupid shows I've ever seen. They cut a couple feet off Jennipher's beautiful mane, then add a foot or so to the blonde. They change the color of the one model to Lucille Ball red? All for the sake of what?

I'll never look at Tyra Banks the same way. She's no super model in my book, but she is a super b**** (I added the asterisks myself, thank you).

I could only take 17 minutes of the show. I guess when I saw fully grown women trying to apply makeup in a packed limo riding over potholed streets, I thought, why am I wasting my time?
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2004 at 3:13pm
I didn't see the "after" pic of Jennipher, but it's impossible to imagine any shoulder length chop looking even a fraction as fantastic. If she wanted "practical", she had several years to opt for it. I think stylists are positively misogynistic when it comes to feminine looking women. For one to say it looks fantastic, then hack it all off, is nuts! Such a pity! Bob
weebl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weebl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2004 at 4:55pm
are there any before and after pictures? if so can someone send a link?
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2004 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by weebl weebl wrote:

are there any before and after pictures? if so can someone send a link?

Go to www.upn.com, and follow the links to the show.
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2004 at 7:20pm
Gord write ythis down because this may be the only time i agree with you. I thought it was stupid as well that they hacked Jeniphers hair, 2 feet of it and butchered Norelles pretty hair, i wanted to see her get it cut but not like a five year old cut it. Then they add a foot of hair to Amanda, and the color they gave her is just wrong!!!! :< Tara is a hipocrit since she wears long hair extensions and is a modle. As i said before i have not watched the show ever and just seen pics on the net, after what they did to these girls i never will.
Vineman_ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2004 at 10:03pm
I liked Amanda's hair... I thought it was very pretty.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2004 at 12:55pm
They told Jennipher that her hair was going to help a child with cancer. I hope that some day a John Stossel or someone will bring this cruel Locks of Love hoax to a merciful end. I'm sick of women with beautiful hair getting conned into parting with gorgeous tresses that took them many years to achieve.
As an aside, does anyone think that Jennipher's ordinary cut will drop more jaws than her extraordiary locks would have? The answer is obvious. This woman wants to be a model, and of course she's very pretty, but that one feature which set her apart has now been destroyed. I think this show couldn't care less about the women behind the beauty. Just my thoughts, Bob
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2004 at 3:07pm
Not to get into the whole Locks of Love debate, BUT from what I have seen from companies who oversee charities, the fact is that Locks of Love do not use all the hair sent to them. They sell what they do not use to wig makers. However, it is also my understanding that they use the proceeds from hair sales to run the company, and no one is getting rich off of people's good intentions.

I believe them to be a legitamate charity, but I too am tired of using the charity as an excuse to cut hair.

Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

They told Jennipher that her hair was going to help a child with cancer. I hope that some day a John Stossel or someone will bring this cruel Locks of Love hoax to a merciful end. I'm sick of women with beautiful hair getting conned into parting with gorgeous tresses that took them many years to achieve.
As an aside, does anyone think that Jennipher's ordinary cut will drop more jaws than her extraordiary locks would have? The answer is obvious. This woman wants to be a model, and of course she's very pretty, but that one feature which set her apart has now been destroyed. I think this show couldn't care less about the women behind the beauty. Just my thoughts, Bob
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2004 at 3:07pm
Not to get into the whole Locks of Love debate, BUT from what I have seen from companies who oversee charities, the fact is that Locks of Love do not use all the hair sent to them. They sell what they do not use to wig makers. However, it is also my understanding that they use the proceeds from hair sales to run the company, and no one is getting rich off of people's good intentions.

I believe them to be a legitamate charity, but I too am tired of using the charity as an excuse to cut hair.

Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

Vineman_ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2004 at 3:52pm
Locks of Love is a silly charity. It would be better to do a sponsered headshave for something better.

I mean, you can buy a wig anyway, they're not THAT expensive; and quite often the caner patients hair will grow back before yours does, if it was down to your waist.

I wouldn't cut my hair short because it looks horrible on me, but if I was a girl with a feminine face(maybe some day ;) ) I probably would grow it down to my waste them get it all chopped off for charity; a real chairty.
I'd probably bleach/dye it all a beautiful golden blonde colour just to enhance the effect :)
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2004 at 6:41pm
Locks of Love is a wonderful charity, that helps children.

They should win a presidential award as a reward for helping humanity.

My two cents.
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
Vineman_ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2004 at 11:15am
What? You're only supporting it because women cut off their hair as a result of it.

It doesn't make sense anyway, since you LIKE short hair/hair being cut off; why would you support a charity that gives it?
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2004 at 12:17pm
Vineman, have you looked at the LOL website? Do you now anything about the wigs they make? They are custom fitted to the head of the individual, take a long time to make, and cost thousands of dollars. The families of people who usually get the wigs have already probably spent thousands of dollars of their own money on treatment.

Originally posted by Vineman_ Vineman_ wrote:

Locks of Love is a silly charity. It would be better to do a sponsered headshave for something better.

I mean, you can buy a wig anyway, they're not THAT expensive; and quite often the caner patients hair will grow back before yours does, if it was down to your waist.

I wouldn't cut my hair short because it looks horrible on me, but if I was a girl with a feminine face(maybe some day ;) ) I probably would grow it down to my waste them get it all chopped off for charity; a real chairty.
I'd probably bleach/dye it all a beautiful golden blonde colour just to enhance the effect :)
weebl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weebl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2004 at 3:01pm
well if you had free health care like here
yoyomoma View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoyomoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2004 at 12:06am
Originally posted by weebl weebl wrote:

well if you had free health care like here

nothing is free homie. you pay for that heath care with taxes.
Vineman_ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2004 at 11:15am
Arch94 just annoys the hell out of me. He wants to give just about every woman on the planet a pixie, yet considers Locks of Love to be a "great charity" who supposedly *give* people who would otherwise be stuck with shaved/short hair long hair.

Hmm, don't suppose it's *ANYTHING* to do with the fact that people cut their hair off for it?

THis blatant lying and trying to look like a concerned citizen is bugging the hell out of me.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2004 at 3:11pm

Arch94 just annoys the hell out of me. He wants to give just about every woman on the planet a pixie, yet considers Locks of Love to be a "great charity" who supposedly *give* people who would otherwise be stuck with shaved/short hair long hair.

Hmm, don't suppose it's *ANYTHING* to do with the fact that people cut their hair off for it?

THis blatant lying and trying to look like a concerned citizen is bugging the hell out of me.

As a good buddy of Aches I can tell you his job has become very demanding and he may not have time to respond as promply as he normally would. So I will respond for him. Nothing will make him happier than to know he annoys the hell out of you! In fact, it may be a tie as to who is more tickled by it, him or me....lol

arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2004 at 5:43pm
Amen to that Hal...i'm tickled to death over it.

Btw Vineman, of course I like LOL all the better cuz they contribute to some substantial chop-offs of long hair. Anything that can get some long ponytails chopped off is OK in my book...

It's also nice that LOL does help sick kids with their self image and self esteem...and if it helps contribute to my short hair fetish it's even better.

But don't worry Vineman, if you have long hair, you're safe. Men getting their hair cut does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for me!!! So any man will never hear me tell them to get a cut...as for women, buzzbacks and pixies rule!

My two cents.
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
Vineman_ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2004 at 7:44am
Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

As a good buddy of Aches I can tell you his job has become very demanding and he may not have time to respond as promply as he normally would. So I will respond for him. Nothing will make him happier than to know he annoys the hell out of you! In fact, it may be a tie as to who is more tickled by it, him or me....lol

You just stated, quite clearly, that he is a troll.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2004 at 9:01am
Okay, I'm calling a timeout for all of you. Long hair fetishists into that corner and short hair fetishists into that one. Don't come out until you're ready to write about hair in a way everyone wants to read, not only in a way that meets your fetish.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic