Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nicole on ANTM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2004 at 9:30am
Arch a troll... now that is funny. Come on Vineman_ (unregestered) by def a troll is someone representing someone they are not. One thing I think any one that read Arch's post can tell you is he is exactly what he says he is... a buzz back, pixie lover!!! If you are implying he and I are the same...lol.. he only wish he were me...lol
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2004 at 9:41am
Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

Arch a troll... now that is funny. Come on Vineman_ (unregestered) by def a troll is someone representing someone they are not. One thing I think any one that read Arch's post can tell you is he is exactly what he says he is... a buzz back, pixie lover!!! If you are implying he and I are the same...lol.. he only wish he were me...lol

Right you are Hal!

Vineman, you need to do a couple of things things, for someone who posts so much, register for pete's sake, and oh yeah, I need your address so I can send you a quarter, and you can go buy a clue!
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2004 at 6:35pm
Lmao Hal,

Hal...don't you mean that "you wish you were me"?

You've seen my wife, so i know for a a fact, that you wanna be me!!! So there.

And yes, this is unrelated to celebrity hair...

Speakin of celebrity hair...I still think Jennipher should have gone shorter, but it's an improvement.

My two cents.
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
Vineman_ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2004 at 10:19am
Quote ome on Vineman_ (unregestered) by def a troll is someone representing someone they are not.

No, A troll is someone, that by definition, attempts to stir up a negative reaction for their own amusement, which is what you said Arch did.

It's just that most "Trolls" we get around here are also pretending to be someone they're not, IN ORDER to stir up a reaction.

A troll can be a long posting member too, who just happens to get worse. I used to be a bit of a troll myself, until I grew out of it.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2004 at 11:28am
No, you have described a flamer, like yourself!
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2004 at 11:40am
So Arch 94....How does your wife wear her hair?

To keep on topic, I thought Nicole looked really beautiful with the color and short cut, but i thought it needed a bit more "style" - either more deconstuctive piecing to the ends, ie longer and shorter bits al la japanimation - or a more organized pixie.

But then when they showed the jeans ad of her, I could tell in her face she was missing her gorgeous hair.

Jacqui
Vineman_ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2004 at 7:53am
Originally posted by ssjockey ssjockey wrote:

No, you have described a flamer, like yourself!

Don't be immature. I've hung around enough forums, believe me I *know* what a troll is. Everyone on message boards these days is a "flamer".
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2004 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by shorthair75_2000 shorthair75_2000 wrote:

Gord write ythis down because this may be the only time i agree with you. I thought it was stupid as well that they hacked Jeniphers hair, 2 feet of it and butchered Norelles pretty hair, i wanted to see her get it cut but not like a five year old cut it. Then they add a foot of hair to Amanda, and the color they gave her is just wrong!!!! :< Tara is a hipocrit since she wears long hair extensions and is a modle. As i said before i have not watched the show ever and just seen pics on the net, after what they did to these girls i never will.

Wow. We agree. 100%. Go figure.

Though I will "confess" to having watched a bit of the show last week (?) where on a photoshoot for jeans... the first thing they did was to give all the models extra hair. duh. How about doing that before the salon visit next time, huh?

I certainly don't think the salon makeovers were about enhancing the beauty of the girls. If anything, it was more about (a) testing the girls to see if they were willing to be abused [check], and (b) demonstrating the crazy sh|t they can technically do -- wild colors, chop, add, etc [check]. Basically, to find out if they "qualify" to become models. Glamourous? Heill no.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2004 at 7:27am
Dave.. good point but I think it was even more basic than what you have mentioned. For what ever reason it is a undeniable fact, people like to see makeovers. Morning shows do them, talk shows do them, magazines have them, shows keep coming on air solely about makeovers. I think the ANTM folks know a makeover episode is big ratings, so they do one and could care less about what the results are. Personally, I would love to see one of these girls refuse to have her hair cut. That would really show she had teh right stuff to be a top model. Think Cindy Crawford would cut her hair if she didn't want too?
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2004 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

Dave.. good point but I think it was even more basic than what you have mentioned. For what ever reason it is a undeniable fact, people like to see makeovers. Morning shows do them, talk shows do them, magazines have them, shows keep coming on air solely about makeovers. I think the ANTM folks know a makeover episode is big ratings, so they do one and could care less about what the results are. Personally, I would love to see one of these girls refuse to have her hair cut. That would really show she had teh right stuff to be a top model. Think Cindy Crawford would cut her hair if she didn't want too?

You know, Hal, I had a similar thought during the makeover episode. Just beforehand, Tyra told the girls to embrace their unique physical characteristics. I thought that Jenn could have used the lesson as an opportunity to stand firm by her hair at the salon. She may have heard Tyra's words, but apparently didn't get the message. I agree with you -- having demonstrated that she had a backbone would certainly have demonstrated a mental toughness that (to some degree, at least) would have helped her in the modeling business (heck, that would help anybody in any business).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic