Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alanis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alanis
    Posted: September 20 2004 at 9:41pm
Anyone catch Alanis before the beginning of the 3rd quarter kickoff tonight on Monday Night Football?

She looked pretty hot to me...even sexy with her short hair...anyone else?

My two cents.
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2004 at 9:04am
I saw that too and thought, "hey, she's attractive. Who's that?" I was surprised it was Alanis because I hadn't liked her short haircut before.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2004 at 3:13pm
You've hit the nail on the head, Rod. "Attractive" is a desciption that needn't have been used to describe Alanis until she hit her 50's at least, if she kept her amazing hair! What was she thinking? I'd bet a sizeable percentage of her fans attended her shows because she was super HOT as a Rapunzel. Bob
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2004 at 3:27pm
I bet NO ONE but you would attend her concert only because of her hair... and maybe Gord and Dave....lol
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2004 at 6:33pm
Good one Hal...lmao
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2004 at 8:25pm
Alanis has great music. Her fans aren't so shallow to go to her concert because of her hair.
The fact is she looks much sexier with her short hairdo than with her shaggy, unkept "hippie" girl look.
qscguytrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qscguytrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2004 at 12:39am
Man, she definitely looked sexy with short hair
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2004 at 11:01am
She took a bit to find her look with short hair but in the end it is a HUGE upgrade over the long.

The part I've never understood about long hair infatuations is how it translates to long, poorly maintained, and poorly groomed hair. I occasionally see women who's long hair is just sleek and sexy and amazing and understand why its considered hot, but its certainly not the standard. Alanis's long hair was stringy, ill kept, and just overwhelmed her. It made her look tired and old. Her new look is reflective of what appears to be a happier person. 50% of the change is that she just actually appears to be really healthy and smiling all the time, but a good part of it is that she got rid of the mane which was just oppressive. It dominated her entire look.
Tall girl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tall girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2004 at 11:08am
Exactly. I agree with what you wrote Trout.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2004 at 1:04pm
Yes, I've seen pictures of Alanis in which her hair looked like a rat's nest, but these photos are rare exceptions. Most times it looked angelic, even at thigh length.
When I saw Crystal Gayle years ago, I was shocked to hear hundreds of male fans whooping it up every time she turned her back and swayed her hair. I wasn't alone! NOW I know that there are millions of men who go bonkers over a woman's LONG hair, but it's not the macho thing to admit! Trust me, Alanis has lost far more potential concert attendees than me, Gord and Dave. (lol) Bob
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2004 at 1:50pm
Bob.. BOB! wake up! Admit you are a hair freak! I admit I'm one... thankfully different than you but a freak none the less!
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2004 at 7:23pm
Btw, is the meeting at your house this week Hal?

BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2004 at 7:26pm
This is just silly. Most people don't buy Alanis's music or go to her concerts because they have a long hair fetish.

I agree that she didn't take care of her long hair very well and she didn't look as good in long hair as some women do.
As a short haired gal, of course I'm glad to see that she wears short hair so well and seems happy with it.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2004 at 2:26pm
Hal...HAL! I'm so long out of the "closet" I've forgotten what's in there! You gave me a good laugh. Thanks, Bob
Oh, and Jasmine, I'm not shocked that you like short hair on Alanis. Call it intuition! (lol) Just teasing, Jasmine! You and I are definitely not viewing the same photos from her pre-chop days. Best, Bob
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2004 at 7:15pm
Ok Bob, whatever you say.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2004 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

I bet NO ONE but you would attend her concert only because of her hair... and maybe Gord and Dave....lol

ha ha. Very funny. You and arch would both be wrong...
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2004 at 10:46am
Just a joke dave... hope you took it that way.
Curlyfan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2004 at 3:37pm
Surprised no one's mentioned this... Alanis's "Everything" video shows her actually getting her hair cut off, and it's available on her web site. Go to www.alanis.com and find your way to her music/video section (a little confusing) and you'll see it.

In the video she starts off by walking down a straight secluded road with a male friend, who suddenly takes scissors from her hand, runs behind her and cuts off part of her super-long hair up above her shoulders and flings it away! He makes another cut or two and then passes in front of her, and when she reappears she's got her new short cut. It's very clever the way they did it IMO, and the rest of the video is very upbeat and playful. (On a side note, I first saw this video while I was on stage in front of 60 people during a corporate computer event, and someone was showing the video as part of a demo of Microsoft's new Media Center operating system. When I saw the hair chop I nearly fell off the stage! Weird moment to see something hair-related.)

And IMHO, I think Alanis looks MUCH better with the shorter hair - cuter, more stylish, younger, everything with all that straight, heavy hair finally out of her way. She seems to be enjoying it too. And by the way, even a hair freak like me wouldn't go to her concert just to see her hair in any shape - it's her music that moves me!

- Curlyfan
Vineman_ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2004 at 3:48pm
She looks like a Soccer-mom! And what is wrong with Hippies!

I despise "Stylish" things.

I just hate it when people think of long hair as a "safety blanket". You could apply that term to ANYTHING that someone likes; hey I'lll throw away my computer! It makes me happy and it's just a safety blanket, I don't NEED it.

Now, I like short hair on some people(some of you may know I'm a big fan of Siouxsie Sioux's various hairstyles, which were generally between long pixie and shoulders); it can look quite cute, and even though it can sometimes take more product (apart from Shampoo/conditioner of course) it's easier to dye and all that. But Alanis does *not* look good with short hair, in my opinion.

Even if I was more of a short hair person, I still wouldn't like it, because there are simply far too many "celebrities" who cut their hair short, and not enough that grow it long.

It's not stylish enoiugh.

And no, I wouldn't like it if everyone had long hair, either. It would loose its magic.

Argh.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2004 at 5:21pm
Hate to burst your bubble curly, but Alanis has said in a few interviews that the video shows her cutting a wig, she had already cut her hair.

Originally posted by Curlyfan Curlyfan wrote:

Surprised no one's mentioned this... Alanis's "Everything" video shows her actually getting her hair cut off, and it's available on her web site. Go to www.alanis.com and find your way to her music/video section (a little confusing) and you'll see it.

In the video she starts off by walking down a straight secluded road with a male friend, who suddenly takes scissors from her hand, runs behind her and cuts off part of her super-long hair up above her shoulders and flings it away! He makes another cut or two and then passes in front of her, and when she reappears she's got her new short cut. It's very clever the way they did it IMO, and the rest of the video is very upbeat and playful. (On a side note, I first saw this video while I was on stage in front of 60 people during a corporate computer event, and someone was showing the video as part of a demo of Microsoft's new Media Center operating system. When I saw the hair chop I nearly fell off the stage! Weird moment to see something hair-related.)

And IMHO, I think Alanis looks MUCH better with the shorter hair - cuter, more stylish, younger, everything with all that straight, heavy hair finally out of her way. She seems to be enjoying it too. And by the way, even a hair freak like me wouldn't go to her concert just to see her hair in any shape - it's her music that moves me!

- Curlyfan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic