Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alanis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2004 at 7:53pm
You seem to be a frustrated lad Vineman.
You seem quite disturbed by Alanis's new short hairstyle and some of the positive comments she has recieved on this board by some of the people here who like her new adorable hairstyle.
Relax young man. Its just a haircut Alanis got. And I'm sure she likes feeling "stylish", even if you don't.

Not to worry you don't have to date her (not as if she would date you HaHa!).
Kramer View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2004 at 10:02pm
Little bit of an overreaction, Brent. Not as much of a reaction as the one Alanis' haircut received from longhair lovers like me, but an overreaction just the same. Vineman said his peace. No need to attack him for that.
Vineman_ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2004 at 11:18am
This is ridiculous. Has this board been consumed by short hair fetish?
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2004 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Vineman_ Vineman_ wrote:

This is ridiculous. Has this board been consumed by short hair fetish?

I hope not, but I want to ask this question:

Can't a woman look good in short hair and long hair?

And if you think a woman looks good with a certain haircut, does that mean you have a fetish?

Not all long hair is bad.
Not all short hair is good.

The answer, as usual, lies somewhere in the middle (usually around the shoulders)
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2004 at 2:40pm
OK, this is my bottom line on Alanis. If Alanis had vaulted into the public consciousness with her present shaggy short cut, no one would have much commented on it then or now. It looks decent, not scintillating. And, I think she's very pretty despite the chop.
The people who are raving about it are those who simply enjoy seeing change, and maybe those grateful that their hubbies are no longer nagging them to "grow it like Alanis". (lol) She really looks like most other women now, so what's the big deal? When she was a Rapunzel, a large percentage of fans drooled over her sensuality.
The hair is gone; I don't like it, but I respect her choice. *My* choice has been to stop following her TV appearances. If she's on, great, but now it's a surprise for me. She's in love, and I'm happy for her, and I wish her the best. Bob
Carmichael View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmichael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2004 at 3:07pm
Alanis has an interesting look, but let's face it she's no classic beauty... Seems the only one's who were drooling over her were the long hair fetishist on this board.

Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2004 at 5:59pm
What's the most important thing about Alanis is her music.

She's a talented lady.

I agree that the only ones that found her attractive with her long shaggy "hippie" hair were the long hair fettish extremists. It didn't look that great on her.
Now she does have a short hairstyle like many other women but it looks great on her.
Vineman_ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2004 at 7:42am
.... no, that's not true at all. In fact, a few weeks ago I heard some people talking about how awful she looked these days. I suggested the word "Soccer Mom" and they agreed with me.

Since many of my friends are hippies, I take offense to this.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2004 at 9:33am

I take offense to this.

Now that is something new...lol Come on Vine, lighten up...this is all supposed to be fun! I can assure you if I hace offened you it was all in fun.. nad my twisted sense of humor.
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2004 at 12:25pm
I applaud Alanis for doing as she wished with herself and her hair. She looks great. As far as those who ditched her when she cut her hair, well, I guess they really weren't fans of her music...I guess this is good for her as now she knows who her real fans are.

Jacqui
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2004 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

I take offense to this.

Now that is something new...lol Come on Vine, lighten up...this is all supposed to be fun! I can assure you if I hace offened you it was all in fun.. nad my twisted sense of humor.
Hal, your typing really has been suffering lately. No offense, bro, but you really need to use Spell Check. (Note: Sticking to promise never to comment on Alanis' hair again since she broke my heart.)
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2004 at 7:52pm
How bout the new fans she gained when she went to her short hairdo. There are more of us guys around who like short hair on women than you might realize.

Also many women wear short hair and like seeing female celebrities with short hair.

But I have always liked Alanis's music, regardless of her hairstyle. Her hairstyle to me is irrelevant as long as she keeps making great music.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2004 at 7:54pm
Hal:
I can easily read your writing (sort of).
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2004 at 10:49pm
Jacqui, I am still a big fan of Alanis' music, including her recent release. And, I think she'd look pretty with any non-boyish style. She looks plenty cute now. But I can't pretend that Alanis hasn't lost that intangible mystique and awesome power that her trademark locks gave her.
Brent, I know many guys love short hair, but what I'm saying is that she's now one of many attractive fishes in the sea for men who think long hair is divine. Best, Bob
ConanOBrien View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConanOBrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2004 at 2:05am
I think I can close this great Alanis debate.
Her's it is. Ready for a shocker?
Alanis Morrisette and Anthony Keidis of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers are the same person.
I have yet to see them in the same room together.
Thru the 90's Alanis and Anthony had butt long hair.
Then all of a sudden cut all there hair off. Now they both sport a shaggy look.
Both have simular body types and almost identical faces.
You tell me.
Damn I'm good!

Vineman_ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2004 at 10:22am
... I was never a big fan of Alanis Morrisette. I diidnt' like her new song anyway, it seemed too samey.
I really liked Jagged Little Pill, and some stuff of her next album, but that's about it.

And as I said, I am a fan of Siouxsie Sioux, who had hair as short as that at times, she just looked good in it, and Sioux had a hell of a lot of more to fall back on than her her.

I never commented on Alanis as a musician, that's just absurd. And most people liked Alanis with long hair better. It's fair enough to cut hair if you want to, but the attitude of some people around here towards really annoys the people who prefered her in short hair.

I still feel she was cutting her hair for the wrong reasons, though.
Tall girl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tall girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2004 at 1:26pm
Most people liked her with long hair better? Really?

There are 6 billion people on earth. Do you know most people? Have you surveyed them?

What a ridiculous statement, as if any of us could know what "most people" believe or think about something!
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2004 at 9:52pm
The reason Alanis cut her hair is because she felt like it. That's what she said in an interview. That hardly seems like a wrong reason.

A wrong reason would be if someone else forced her to cut her hair, not if she chose to cut her hair because she wanted to, whatever her reason for wanting to wear short hair.
ConanOBrien View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConanOBrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2004 at 12:31am
I'm really sad. First Hanson cut thier hair then Alanis. I cant tell you how devestated I as when Zach Hanson cut his hair.
I mean before that I actually thought the drummer was a cute girl. who knew. Damn i should had known better when i saw my 12 year old niece with a picture of them on her wall.!!!!
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2004 at 6:58am

I still feel she was cutting her hair for the wrong reasons, though.

You know why she cut her hair? Please share that reason.. l can't wait to here this?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic