Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kiera Knightly's new short do!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
TG View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2004 at 4:10pm
I like this cut on Keira so much that I have a hard time imagining anybody not liking it! She looks amazingly perfect to me. It does seem rare for Hollywood actresses to keep their hair that short for a prolonged period, so, unfortunately for those of us who adore this current do, those hoping for a quick grow out will probably get their wish!
Native View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Native Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2004 at 5:09pm
I think the same way about the cut; it looks so good it's difficult to imagine people disliking. But tastes vary.

Unlike the E columnist, I'm rather fond of the dress too.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2004 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by rardman rardman wrote:

http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Fashion/Archive2/0,1912,1085,00.html

What a poor review. Unlike celebs like Ashley Judd, Alyssa Milano, Demi Moore, and others who've gone short, Keira's long hair didn't look that good. If you're a guy who only likes long hair on women, fine, but her hair hardly resembled Kate Beckinsale's beautiful tresses.

"Jutting jaw?" I've seen women with prominent jaws and hers definitely isn't. This is a woman whose face is very beautiful. If this cut makes it more prominent, that's great.

"The dreaded Felicity syndrome?" Oh come on. Keri Russell was an actress whose fans identified her by her hair. Thus, they were upset when she cut it. Keira Knightly isn't identified by her hair. It's a rare celeb who changing their hair will make their fans upset.

Winona Ryder and Halle Berry were identified by their short hair and the cut was probably one of the top 5 celebrity inspirations for women in the last 10 years. Growing their hair didn't cost them fans.

Alyssa Milano cut her hair. Some people liked it. Some didn't. But it didn't cost her fans. And it didn't cause "Charmed's" ratings to fall. (The haircut didn't cause "Felicity's" ratings to fall, but that's another story.)

The quality of the cut is certainly worth debate. It's a lot messier than the neat styles Halle and Alyssa had. I can see criticism because it looks uneven. But if you just prefer long hair on all women, say that. Don't knock her beautiful face.
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2004 at 10:45pm
Rod,
True enough!
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2004 at 4:37pm
Native View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Native Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2004 at 1:40pm
Beat me to it.

More here: http://www.keira-online.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=6

I think this is the cutest new short cut I've seen in a while.
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2004 at 6:16pm
Eep. Just looked up who this person was:
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Newsweek/Photos/mag/031229_Issue/031219_WhoKeira_vl.vlarge.jpg

Sorry, but I really can't see how that cut is attractive =/
If it was a cute chin-length bob, maybe, but I don't like
the cut/colour combo, it looks like one of those horrible
cuts approaching middle aged women get that their hairdressers convince them is just fabulous.

It might look okay dyed a punky colour, though.
This is my signature. It's not a very
good signature, but it's a signature
nonetheless.
BaldJasmine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJasmine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2004 at 7:30pm
Vineman.
I've never seen a cut like that on a middle aged woman. It is a young and chic looking style.
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2004 at 7:35pm
In that picture on the set her hair looked so much better. I actually kind of like the cut now. It doesn't look so combed and blond. It looks fun and messy.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2004 at 8:22am
It's far too short at the back compared to the front, and I hate the way it's not dyed like the rest.

And I meant the style of colouring more than the cut.
nonetheless.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2004 at 9:32am
Geezzzz's Vinie... are you the only one that can have an opinion?

My two cents worth!
TG View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2004 at 11:15am
Though I like the slightly shorter version of the cut from the awards show a bit more--and, admittedly, the revealing outfit from the awards show a whole lot more--she is super cute in those pics from the movie set, too.
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2004 at 10:54pm
Hal's signature is much better!

My two cents.
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2004 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

Geezzzz's Vinie... are you the only one that can have an opinion?

My two cents worth!

Wtf? People have been posting for 3 pages about how indescriminately great it is, I think I'm entitled to an opinion.

And will people stop saying "my two cents worth!" It's annoying and more overused than "..."
nonetheless.
pixi3 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixi3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2004 at 6:58am
Whoa, I think she looks terrible. The colour is awful IMO and I think the cut makes her head look to small for her body.
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=51495983&cdi=0

Now, messier and darker, with a shorter fringe, I think she''d look cute.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2004 at 1:39pm
I confess I don't know why this person is a celebrity (in other words, I am not familiar with her professional work). That said, and to borrow a phrase... there are 3 women in the world who look good with very short hair -- and Keira Knightly is not one of them. This haircut does make her jaw appear very prominent; it is not flattering. Her facial features (even if very much "surrounded") in the "before" pic offered appear to be more balanced.
Tall girl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tall girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2004 at 2:06pm
There are only 3 women in the world that look good with really short hair? Really?
What an odd statement.
I think many women can and do look good with very short hair if they have the features for it.
Native View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Native Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2004 at 4:36pm
Dave is a long hair zealot.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2004 at 4:44pm
I like long hair also. But it don't look that bad. Being short. Hey Dave who are the three you think look good with short hair? Is one of them a long hair now? HB Catwoman?
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2004 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Native Native wrote:

Dave is a long hair zealot.

Really? Is that so? Well then I guess you must be a short hair extremist.

I seem to recall others on the celebrity board saying something to the effect that there are precisely 3 women in this world who look good with long center parted hair (and that the woman -- Demi Moore? -- was not one of them)... but nobody took that poster to task for posting such an opinion. I guess there really is a double standard on this board, where it's only okay for short hair fans to express that sort of thought.

Thanks for informing me of the true nature of this board.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic