Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kiera Knightly's new short do!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2004 at 5:20pm
Poor Dave!
Us people who liked short hair on women have been so mean to the long haired women preference people!
We have taken over the boards! We rule, and we punish those who differ with our "correct" opinions! HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Truth be told, there seems to be a variety of opinions here (as there should be).

I have to agree with those that find it an unusual statement that only three women look good with short cropped hair. That is an extreme statement.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2004 at 5:58pm
Hi Brent,

I agree that there is a variety of opinions expressed here. I just don't understand why I am attacked when I state one. Nobody squawked when the opinion was expressed that "only 3 women in this world look good with long center parted hair." But I merely mirror that (to diametrically oppose), sort of tongue-in-cheek, and lo and behold, I am accused of being a zealot. Very charitable of him to say that about me, don't you think? I very much disagree with the opinion that only 3 women in this world look good with long center parted hair, as I think it looks great on many, many women.

So the question is, can we all tolerate and respect other's opinions even when they don't agree with our own? It's okay to talk about them, and even question them (respectfully), but to assign unflattering labels to others is not cool.
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2004 at 6:56pm
Hey Dave, when did you become a moderator? I have not noticed it before. I agree with ther comment that you should be able to voice your opionion with out being labeled something not nice. You don't call us shorthair lovers any discrimaniting things and the same should go with every one on this board if they want to continue to post here, please don't ruin it for everyone. I love Kieras new style, it looks so much sexier on her then her long straight boring style she had prior to this makeover, and I give her credit for trying something so different and not just staying with the same old same old style like some long hair celebs do. It will grow back and the color can be changed back if they don't like it but if you never try you will never know.
Native View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Native Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2004 at 7:09pm
Dave, I wasn't saying anything about your right to say anything. But I'm hard pressed to think of a time when you've ever said 'Boy, she looks great, the haircut was a good move."

The same thing is true of Gord, although I can actually recall him having liked a short hair a time or too.

Your default response is nearly always something of the 'shot is hair is ugly, long hair looks better variety.'
Do you really think you're not a bit of a zealot for long hair?

I'm not a short hair extremist, though, because I've said that some people look better with short hair, and some look better with long hair. There are even posts where I've said so and so should never cut her hair.

Which is not to say I'm not without my personal foibles in regards to hair. I nearly never like bangs, for example, but I generally don't chime in on posts about it because I can't judge with any kind of objectivity, because whether bangs look good or bangs is lost on me.
Kramer View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2004 at 11:43pm
Why can't we express our opinion without ripping someone else's opinion?

"Kiera's hair looked very sexy when it was long," Kramer said.

If you want to quote me, quote me accurately.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2004 at 6:02pm
hey sh752k, I became moderator about a year and a half ago.

Native, I am not required to like a "balance" of hair looks, and I will not be dishonest to please those seeking flattering words for any given celeb.

I do not make comments like "short hair is ugly." If/when I dislike a celeb's look, I always try to state my thoughts in tactful terms.
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2004 at 6:22pm
Hey Dave, I guess I have never paid attetion before, thanks for the answer. Oh BTW I think Keira looks hot in her new do, thats my view not yours.
Joey99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joey99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2004 at 11:27am
I thought some of you might appreciate this since it's been such a hot topic of discussion. Not the most flattering pic that I've seen...

http://entertainment.msn.com/movies/undressed
"Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale."
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2004 at 2:27pm
Funny you should post this one. I just saw it in InTouch magazine with a smaller pic of her in long hair below it and the article stated that her new hair style was a big hair "Do"...they were showing hair do and don'ts. Interesting what the mags consider do's and don'ts...i guess we all have different opinions.

Jacqui
TG View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2004 at 3:29pm
That's odd that the MSN article calls it "Dorothy Hamill hair," since it's really not. Hamill's wedge was much fuller on top--and it was certainly never as sexy as Knightley's cut!
Dick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2004 at 4:40pm
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2005 at 6:44pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic