Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Natalie Portman will be shaved for a role!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Franperez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Franperez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Natalie Portman will be shaved for a role!!
    Posted: March 05 2005 at 12:29pm
"V for Vendetta" press conference....
Q to Natalie Portman: Evey goes through a very tough time, she is put in jail and subjected to torture, I was wondering how much of a method actress are you; will you be losing weight and shaving your head for the role?

NATALIE PORTMAN: I will be shaving my head and losing weight… not to a self endangering point, but I won’t be getting tortured at home. I will be going through a physical transformation.

Q to Natalie Portman: How do you feel about being shaven headed for the role; are you a bit apprehensive about that?

NATALIE PORTMAN: I’m really excited about it, I have been wanting to do it for a while and now I have a reason to do it for work, so that’s exciting.

See more at http://vforvendetta.warnerbros.com/
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2005 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Franperez Franperez wrote:

"V for Vendetta" press conference....
Q to Natalie Portman: Evey goes through a very tough time, she is put in jail and subjected to torture, I was wondering how much of a method actress are you; will you be losing weight and shaving your head for the role?

NATALIE PORTMAN: I will be shaving my head and losing weight… not to a self endangering point, but I won’t be getting tortured at home. I will be going through a physical transformation.

Q to Natalie Portman: How do you feel about being shaven headed for the role; are you a bit apprehensive about that?

NATALIE PORTMAN: I’m really excited about it, I have been wanting to do it for a while and now I have a reason to do it for work, so that’s exciting.

See more at http://vforvendetta.warnerbros.com/

Sweet!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see her bald, I hope they show it in the movie. When does she start filming? I'm surprised thety don't have her wear a skin cap like others have done, although she did say she wants to shave it so I guess I answered my own question on that part.
Franperez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Franperez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2005 at 1:23pm
The film starts filming on this month,now!!
shorthair75_2000 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorthair75_2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2005 at 1:42pm
Thanks, I will keep a look out for Natalie bald.
Camille83 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camille83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2005 at 5:13pm
REALLY STUPID MOVE
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2005 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Camille83 Camille83 wrote:

REALLY STUPID MOVE

Why? Granted the look will be severe, but I'm sure it will grow right after filming is done. I doubt we will see much of the bald head outside of the movie.

She wants to do it for a movie roll, hair grows back, why is it stupid?
Skzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2005 at 5:51pm
I dunno about the shaven head, but I think Natalie will look absolutely beautiful with short hair. I can't wait to see it.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2005 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Camille83 Camille83 wrote:

REALLY STUPID MOVE

Why? Because she'll look less attractive to some people? It's clearly a good move for her career, since it's essential to a role she wants to play. It's unlikely it will hinder her in getting future roles. By the time she'll do her next movie, it will grow out. Keira Knightly cut her hair short for a role and she has her next two movies lined up. It's not hindering her.

If someone is right for the role or is a box office draw and won't shave her head, they won't drop her. On the other hand, Ms. Portman's willingness to do this will likely get her more roles. Directors and producers love it when actors are willing to go the extra mile for a role. They're committed to the movie. They notice and will remember when casting in the future. Actors who aren't willing to do that get roles, but all things being equal, the directors and producers would choose actors like Ms. Portman.

Ms. Portman wants to do it. She's young and wants to experiment. When you're young is the time to do it. Maybe she will be less attractive. Maybe she'll hate it. Neither of those are reasons not to shave her head.
Kramer View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2005 at 8:27pm
Yeah, maybe, but some of these people writing here actually are excited about seeing her bald, as if she's going to look better than she does with longer hair. I don't want to speak for "stupid move" guy, but theat might be what he's talking about. Alanis cut her hair off for the heck of it. That was a stupid move in my opinion, but because her hair was gorgeous and her new look is inferior, in my opinion. And please don't tell me the haircut hasn't hurt Alanis' career. I don't know if it has or it hasn't, but she is not longer a longhair icon. I will always think that was a stupid decision.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2005 at 10:53pm
Some people think bald is better than longer hair. Shouldn't they be excited about her shaving her head? What looks good is a matter of taste. No one's taste is any better than anyone else's taste.

While Alanis' new look was inferior in your opinion, it wasn't inferior to the only person who mattered, Alanis. She expressed affection for it. She is no longer a long hair icon. To some people that's important. Her cutting her hair was stupid when it comes to pleasing you. I don't think she cares about that.

Say "I'm disappointed she cut her hair," or "she's no longer attractive," or "she's no longer a long hair icon," but the haircuts aren't stupid moves. It's not about any of us.
nnewbie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nnewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2005 at 11:14pm
I think it is really brave for her to do that. And you gotta respect her decision.
I mean, how many women would sacrifice ALL her hair for a movie? Some women wouldn't even cut their hair for a movie (they would just wear wigs).
For Natalie who has such beautiful hair to shave her head for art I just gotta tip my hat off to her.
The Stuman View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Stuman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 12:17am
If I did my math correctly, it means she'll be sporting a bald head while she's on the Star Wars press docett.
The Riddler View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Riddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 1:06am
Originally posted by The Stuman The Stuman wrote:

If I did my math correctly, it means she'll be sporting a bald head while she's on the Star Wars press docett.

She'll probably be sporting a wig if thats the case
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 2:00am
thats cool
mandy moore also said she would love to have her head shaved
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 5:13am
At least it's good to hear she wants to do it and is excited about it. That's much better than a woman being forced into it and hating every minute.
But she's playing a prisoner, so she'll spend the movie looking tortured, emaciated and miserable, which isn't very sexy. The people who dig bald girls will have to hope she shows up with it in public or on talk shows if they wanna see it looking good.
More awesome than a manatee!
ConanOBrien View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConanOBrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 5:26am
Originally posted by The Riddler The Riddler wrote:

Originally posted by The Stuman The Stuman wrote:

She'll probably be sporting a wig if thats the case

Kinda of ironic if that does happen seeing Lucas made THX.
In all serious though. Sure its exciting and fun to try new stlyes even a shaved head for Natalie Portman and others, in the context of a movie about being a prisoner and tortured.
I wonder though if she'd or anyone else for that matter would be just as excited in for example there were the countless millions who were thrown in concintration camps during the Holocoust.
I find this especially interesting seeing Natalie is from Israel.
Before my comments are taken out of context what I'm trying to say is.
During WW2 millions people of Natalies very ethnicity were subject to torture and stipped of there diginty not be choice. I guess we've come along way that an actress now can get paid for "playing a prisoner and tortured and forced to have a shaved head" and this is exciting for them.

Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConanOBrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 5:37am
Here i'll make myself a little more clear.
There;s nothign wrong that she excited to want to go with a drastic change of look like shaving her head. and that she always wanted to do it.
But for goodness sake seeing that the context of the film is so dire and torture and having to loo a certain way id forced on someone, Must she be so exicted about this?
If she didnt have any movies and had a break and decided to get a buzz cut or shave her head. and then was interviewed and said she was excited Id say finr great, more power to you. But seeing that shaved heads, imprisonment and torture are a touchy subject to suviviors of the Holocaust, she could had reserved her excitement.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConanOBrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 5:42am

Sorry my typos made , i wanted to correct this part
Originally posted by ConanOBrien ConanOBrien wrote:

Here i'll make myself a little more clear
But for goodness sake seeing that the context of the film is so dire and torture and having to do with the certain way it's forced on someone, Must she be so exicted about this?

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 8:49am
Well, I haven't read the comic book it's based on, but from what I can gather at the site, Natalie's chara in the story starts out oppressed, but takes the power into her own hands and fights back against the oppressive government. It sounds like an exciting and empowering role, so why shouldn't she be glad about it? The shaving seems to be more of a perk of the role, an excuse to try something she's always wanted, rather than the point of it all.
More awesome than a manatee!
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2005 at 8:58am
Films have been made about the Holocaust and other genocides. Some of these films have been very good and have contained parts that ask actors to give great performances. Not only are the actors excited to tell stories that need to be told but also to play great parts. I've heard Don Cheadle say he was excited to act in "Hotel Rwanda." I'd bet Ben Kingsley was excited to be in "Schindler's List," David Schwimmer about "Uprising," and Adrien Brody about "The Pianist."

Natalie wants to do this movie and is excited that she'll be asked to do things physically that she normally wouldn't do. That's challenging for an actress.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic