Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Red wagon ordeal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cher View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Red wagon ordeal
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:05pm
For most of my life I have had long hair. As a kid my mom kept my hair as long as it would grow and trimmed it to keep it nice. I was an only child and I had a cousin who at the time was an only child also. We were daily playmates back in the 60's as kiddies. He would get me to play the tomboy.. ride motorscooters..(the pre-moped ones) and do all the rough playing. Well one day we took his red wagon way across town.. geez.. these were the Ozzie and Harriet days when kids could roam all over for hours without their parents worrying they would be abducted. So off we went dragging his red wagon to take to the big hill alongside the park. We would get in it and fly down the hill.. it was a blast. After many hauls up and down the hill we called it a day. On the way home I was very tired so I climbed in the wagon and flopped my hair over the back. All was fine getting this free ride home til I started to feel a tightening feeling.. my long hair had gotten tangled in the axle. Well..what did my cousin do? He tried to pry me loose but couldn't. So ...he left me there. He ran all the way home to get my aunt to come to cut away the hair that was caught but here I laid in this wagon in the middle of who knows where tied by the head to a wagon axle. For what seemed like eons of time.. I laid there and looked at the sky and wondered what in the world would I do if I had to beat feet.. roll over and get this wagon on my back and run for dear life? Gosh.. the crazy things that went through my mind. In time my aunt made it with scissors in hand..cut me free and by that time .. I didn't care that I had lost a bit of my hair.. freedom was worth it.. lol Cher~
Paula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:05pm
Does anyone remember a toy from the late 60s called "whizzer"? It is like a spinning top with ball bearings inside. A neighbor friend of mine got the thing spinning and put it on her head. Big mistake!!! it instantly spun tight in her hair and my mom had to cut it out right at the roots.
Erica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:05pm
Thanks for your story. You have reminded me of a similiar incidence that I had TOTALLY forgotten about! Several years ago, when my husband & I were first dating, his hobby is working on cars so he offered to do some work on my truck. I wanted to help, but of course I had no idea what I was doing and I think I was more in the way than helping. (LOL) Anyhow he was using a "creeper" which is basically a small board on wheels that a mechanic can use to lie on and roll under the vehicle to work. I was having a blast just playing on it and rolling under to watch. My long hair was pulled back in a ponytail, and you can guess the rest. My hair wrapped around one of the little wheels and it took forever to get me untangled. Of course there was grease and car gunk all over it--luckily it came out ok and it wasn't too catastrophic. Now I can laugh at my stupidity!! :)
Regina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:05pm
I have two younger brothers who have been terrors form the start. For fun when we were little they would wind up those lillte motorized Tonka trucks and get them tangled in my hair. My hair was waist length so it was really painful and it took forever to gets them out! I tease them about it constantly now and I have gotten more than enough in apologies.Regina
wild orhcid salon san luis obispo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic