Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Story

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Story
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:05pm
O.K., back to the 1970's again, 1975 to be exact.I was in second grade, and I decided I wanted my hair, which was long like my favorite star, Cher, to have thesame kind of look like her hairline was on her forehead, soalready having a middle part with no bangs, I took some hair in the middle of my head by the forehead and just cut it down to a crew-cut-not meaning to, but hey, I was only 7.So, all the kids (even older ones) came up and touched it, like when you're a kid and want to touch hair on a boy that's crew-cut. Needless to say, I did not succeed in getting my hairline like Cher's. I even had school pictures coming up and sure enough that look is forever frozen in time in my second grade picture. My Mom really couldn't say much (see her story) but not really because of that but because she had done a similar thing with her bangs when she was very small where she cut her own bangs and made them so uneven that her Mother had to wait for them to grow out before she could even them up. Just like me, she had a picture scheduled with a professional photographer, and that is forever recorded. Like Mother, like Daughter! :) Hope you enjoyed this story as well.
Regina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:05pm
My mom is very much in love with her long hair. She takes exceptional care of it and rarely gets more than 1/4 inch taken off. She has always cut her own hair since she had a terrible experience (chopping) at a salon.Now my little sister, age 11, insisted on trying trim my mom's hair and I don't know why but she listened to her. My Mom believed that my sister would only cut it a little uneven and that she could fix it.Well my sister ended up taking 4 inches off and cut my mom's hair in a diagonal! My mom was mortified and we had to cut her hair to her shoulders to make it look normal. I don't think that she'll ever let my sister near a nother pair of shears again (and I don't know why she did in the first place!)
wild orhcid salon san luis obispo
john View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:05pm
> O.K., back to the 1970's again, 1975 to be exact.> I was in second grade, and I decided I wanted my hair,> which was long like my favorite star, Cher, to have> the> same kind of look like her hairline was on her> forehead, soalready having a middle part with no> bangs, I took some hair in the middle of my head by> the forehead and just cut it down to a crew-cut-not> meaning to, but hey, I was only 7.> So, all the kids (even older ones) came up and touched> it, like when you're a kid and want to touch hair on a> boy that's crew-cut. Needless to say, I did not> succeed in getting my hairline like Cher's. I even had> school pictures coming up and sure enough that look is> forever frozen in time in my second grade picture. My> Mom really couldn't say much (see her story) but not> really because of that but because she had done a> similar thing with her bangs when she was very small> where she cut her own bangs and made them so uneven> that her Mother had to wait for them to grow out> before she could even them up. Just like me, she had a> picture scheduled with a professional photographer,> and that is forever recorded. Like Mother, like> Daughter! :) Hope you enjoyed this story as well.Hi Holly. Great story too. We all try to be like our idols. First I tried to look like Elvis, and the next year wanted to look like one of "The Beatles". John,Paul,George Ringo and John? The Fab 5,lol. Well I would pull my bangs down at night before bed, and scotch tape my bangs to my forehead. Boy, I must have been a wierd kid, lol.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic