Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

knots in hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Aimee View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aimee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: knots in hair
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:06pm
Ever since the 7th grade, I have always put my hair up in a ponytail or bun. My hair was down to my waist, and it was very thick and wavy, which I didn't like because I couldn't take care of my hair, to be honest. Well, in the 8th grade, I went to take my hair down to wash it, and I felt this large clump of hair on the side of my head. I struggled to get it untangeled, but it just wouldn't. I was so embarassed, that I cut it out (After many attempts to get it out and realizing that no, it just would not come out). But the thing was, the knot was in my bangs (my bangs being on the sides of my face, not the front)So, they were uneven. I then went and cut the other side, which left it uneven by about a quarter of an inch. But it gets worse! Like I said, I was terrible at taking care of my hair, so I never really took my hair down much other than to wash it. So one day, I pull my hair down, and I have these two knots--one on each side. I thought nothing of them, and put my hair back up. Over the weeks, these two knots somehow grew to be, when combined)larger than the size of my fist. Friends eventually caught on that I had knots and tried to help me, but were awed by the size of these two knots. 3 months later, I went to get my hair cut. The lady that cut my hair, I remember vaguely, said, "These are the largest knots I have __EVER__ seen." After cutting them, she held them in front of my face for me to examine. She gave me a nice hair cut though, amazingly. That was a year or two ago, and I still remember it well. The hair cut she gave me, I'm not sure what it's called, but it looked cute on me, going along with my long face. It was about chin-length, and took me some time to get used to. Needless to say, I know how to take care of my hair by now :). I don't wear my hair in buns or ponytails;I brush plenty, and no, I don't let any knots get in my hair!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic