Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Will this work? Please respond

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KW View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will this work? Please respond
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:08pm
I was recently reading in a magizine that you can easily highlight your hair with different shades of nailpolish. Is this true? If so, how do you apply it and take care of it?I'm despirate for some awesome summer highlights, and since my hair is blond, my mom won't let me have it professionly done, but if this will work, she said I could do it.Please respond with tips.
Diane from Canada View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane from Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:08pm
> I was recently reading in a magizine that you can> easily highlight your hair with different shades of> nailpolish. Is this true? If so, how do you apply it> and take care of it?> I'm despirate for some awesome summer highlights, and> since my hair is blond, my mom won't let me have it> professionly done, but if this will work, she said I> could do it.> Please respond with tips.I never heard of the nailpolish method. I would think that it would ruin your hair but what about using the hair makeup. That looks like fun.
Christy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:08pm
> I was recently reading in a magizine that you can> easily highlight your hair with different shades of> nailpolish. Is this true? If so, how do you apply it> and take care of it?> I'm despirate for some awesome summer highlights, and> since my hair is blond, my mom won't let me have it> professionly done, but if this will work, she said I> could do it.> Please respond with tips.Wow, I can't imagine who would tell you to put nail polish on your hair!!!! That sounds VERY damaging! I agree that the hair make-up thing is a good idea. I can also tell you that you can buy a product called Sun-In and it is a spray that lightens your hair with the blow drier or the sun and it only costs maybe 6 or 7 bucks. Good luck. I would definitly leave the nail polish on your nails!!!
Clover View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:08pm
For starters I wouldn't dare to put something as damaging as nail polish in my hair! Think of what it does to your fingernails if you paint them a lot (they turn yellow and begin to break and peel easily). If nail polish damages your fingernails it will severely damage your hair!! Also, I've tried that hair mascara stuff that comes in all different colors, that too is a BIG mistake! That stuff is sticky and disgusting! And last, Sun-In seems like a good idea if one wants highlights, but I would never recommend it! Products like Sun-In (including Touch of Sun and others with similar names) contain peroxide that stays in your hair for months after you apply it and it slowly eats at your hair. And don't think about perming your hair if you've used Sun-In, it could cause your hair to break of or fall out!! I used sun in last summer and part of last fall and my hair is still blonde, but it is not healthy at all!! Every time my hair gets hot (blow-drying, spending time outdoors, ect.) it activates the peroxide in that has built up which damages my hair more and more.My advice to you is that if you have naturally blonde hair don't do a thing to it!! Keep it healthy, so many people desperately want gorgeous blonde hair and go to great lengths to have it (most of which aren't good for their hair). If you have healthy natural hair you'll be the envy of so many others!> I was recently reading in a magizine that you can> easily highlight your hair with different shades of> nailpolish. Is this true? If so, how do you apply it> and take care of it?> I'm despirate for some awesome summer highlights, and> since my hair is blond, my mom won't let me have it> professionly done, but if this will work, she said I> could do it.> Please respond with tips.
Cynthia View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cynthia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:08pm
>If you want something natural to try in your hair to lighten it, i have a suggestion. Put some real, fresh squeezed, lemon juice, mixed with water, in a spray bottle. Spray it into your hair. Go outside for the afternoon. It will lighten your hair a little bit, but it will be stinky. I'm affraid I have to agree with the other person who mentioned the damage. I have dark blond - light brown hair. I've coloured, and highlighted it. Now, all I want is for it to go back to its natural colour. Try new styles, and cuts. Colours and perms will unnecessarily damage your hair (I don't care what hair dresser tells you differently). I know it sounds boring, but it isn't worth damaging your hair in the long run.
Betty-Joe-Anne-Mary-Blume Maxwell 8th View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Betty-Joe-Anne-Mary-Blume Maxwell 8th Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:08pm
I like to eat pizza.
Betty-Joe-Anne-Mary-Blume Maxwell 8th View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Betty-Joe-Anne-Mary-Blume Maxwell 8th Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:08pm
> I like to eat pizza.
Jamie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:08pm
> I never heard of the nailpolish method. I would think> that it would ruin your hair but what about using the> hair makeup. That looks like fun.hello, I have used sun-in.. my advice, do not use it.. i used it for about a month or so.. mabye not even that long. the color was nice at first. but later on it made my hair really fuzzy like and it was just not healthy at all. and while my hair was growing out, the color just looked bad. its been 2 years since i put it in my hair. and my hair is finally back to its normal color and it is healthy again....as for the nail polish thing.. i havne't ever heard of that. but it sounds really bad....
Jamie :)
Calista View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:09pm
Do not highlight your hair with nail polish!! First off, it wont work well. If you put nail polish in your hair, you wont even be able to brush it, it will be so hard. Basically it's a dumb idea. I am a hair stylist, and never in my life have i heard of nail polish highlights. Say out loud to your self, " I higlighted my hair with nail polish"Sounds pretty stupid, doesn't it?
callie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote callie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:11pm
It doesn't sound very believable but if your desperate to try it, I would test a small strand of hair that is hidden underneath the rest of it. If you like what it does, go for it. If not, your hair isn't ruined. Good luck!
lissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:12pm
If you really want funky colors, try unsweetened KoolAid for highlights.Good Luck
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic