Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I hate my PERM???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ang View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I hate my PERM???
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:08pm
I got a perm a year ago and i can't stand it any more. when i got the perm my hair was to my butt and i cut it aup to my shoulders to get rid of it. there is a bout three inches left but i don't want to cut it any more is there any way i can get rid of it for good with out cutting it??????????????
ang View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:08pm
> I got a perm a year ago and i can't stand it any more.> when i got the perm my hair was to my butt and i cut> it up to my shoulders to get rid of it. there is about three inches left of the perm but i don't want to cutmy hair any more is there any way i can get rid of the perm for good with out cutting my hair anymore??????????????
Katie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:08pm
> my hair any more is there any way i can get rid of the> perm for good with out cutting my hair> anymore??????????????Have you considered having it straightened? A friend of mine had her hair chemically relaxed after a disastrous perm. Good luckKatie
Delenn View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:09pm
> I would serisouly not chemiacly treat your hair againyou my send up frying it, now you dont want that. thy usuing a big berrel curling iron to press the curls outI do this o n my naturaly very curly hair and it works but I sudgest you usue a heavy conditionerr if you dont want to kill your ends.have funnDelenn
Violet View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Violet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:09pm
> I got a perm a year ago and i can't stand it any more.> when i got the perm my hair was to my butt and i cut> it aup to my shoulders to get rid of it. there is a> bout three inches left but i don't want to cut it any> more is there any way i can get rid of it for good> with out cutting it??????????????Response:That is SO sad!! DON'T cut any more!! So long as your hair is healthy you can straighten your hair with a home perm. I did this myself 8 years ago when I had 12 inches of straight hair and 12 inches of spiral perm. Simply apply the perm solution and pull your hair straight with a big tooth comb, then a finer one if it is still curling up. I hung my head over the tub and parted my hair in the middle. Make sure it is pulled straight, otherwise you could end up with a permanent wave some gawd awful place. Better yet, have a friend do it for you and cover yourself with plastic. She can comb it straight down your back and shoulders.If you haven't had much processing since your perm, your hair should take it just fine. If it is dry, do a couple hot oil treatments before you straighten it. Just be sure not to leave the perm solution on too long.Mine left a few curly spots the first time, so I hot oiled my hair for a couple weeks and did it again. Been straight ever since. Now I enjoy playing with different colors of auburn and my hair is down to my rear.Good luck!!!
Violet View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Violet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:09pm
> I got a perm a year ago and i can't stand it any more.> when i got the perm my hair was to my butt and i cut> it aup to my shoulders to get rid of it. there is a> bout three inches left but i don't want to cut it any> more is there any way i can get rid of it for good> with out cutting it??????????????One more thing: Once you straigten it, use Citra Shine laminator to make it shine. I LOVE the stuff. It is the closest I can get to beautifully straight and silky oriental hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic