Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Beware of St. Tropez Red!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Violet View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Violet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beware of St. Tropez Red!!!
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:09pm
I have rear-end length straight hair which I color dark auburn. In the summer, I like to go a little lighter. I purchased two boxes of ST. TROPEZ RED, HYDRIENCE color which was on a fabulous sale. The girl on the box had georgous medium red hair. Having very dark brown hair, my results are always a darker version. Since I never HAD trouble with any brand, I THOUGHT it would be the same. I was sooo confident I decided to let my step-daughter who is 11 participate. Thankfully, I had to do it a day later than when I'd planned on letting HER do it. It turned a maron-purple color!!!!! She would have been mortified. After some conditioning and two applications of my usual color, I'm back to normal. I think some of these new brands like the one Jennifer Lopez is touting are stronger. Just beware!!
meg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:09pm
I can relate! I have medium brown hair and I like a nice cherry red. The colors on the boxes never come out like I like! I've had every shade of red imaginable from pink to purple and all in between. Now I've found the "perfect red" which I have done at a salon. It is by Redken.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic