Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Using Color Removers!..Plz Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using Color Removers!..Plz Help
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:10pm
A few months ago I went to get my medium brown hair highlighted at a salon. It did'nt look as dramatic as I thought it would be so I left it alone. After a few months my roots grew back. I've been thinking of re-highlighting my hair at home, so I went to the beauty store and bought a color remover. I tried it and it made my hair even more lighter(making my strands yellowish)and uneven. Is there a way I could bring back my natural haircolor so I could re-highlight my hair again??
callie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote callie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:11pm
A color remover works by taking color out of hair. Blonde hair dye also works by taking color out of your hair, so the only way to change the color of your blonde high-lights is to buy a darker hair color and apply it to all of your hair, wait a while and reapply blonde high-lights. Warning, often times when putting color over high-lighted hair turns out uneven...the hair that isn't dyed will take the color better than the blonde hair, so you will probably still have "high-lights". Your best bet is probably going to a professional to have it fixed so the problem isn't made worse. Good luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic